Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fatherhood (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=127543)

kommisar 11-20-2012 08:02 PM

Re: Fatherhood

congrats :D just don't lose patience haha

positive discipline!

MephBoss 11-20-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3805880)
having a child can be fairly expensive but that's also because people get over excited and overspend.
First tip, don't buy a bunch of stuff for the baby till you know what friends and family are going to get you. I didn't think we were going to get anything from anyone and we ended up getting everything we needed and then some.
Second you don't need all those things they try to tell you that you do need. Babies don't need a ton of toys (actually they really don't need any because they'll play with anything and be happy). When you get some toys be realistic with it. When they're really young a plush toy and something they can teeth on is really all they need.
Third, clothes, don't blow a lot of money on it. Your kid is going to grow so much faster than you realize. If you can get hand me downs take them if not buy inexpensive clothing from places like walmart or if you aren't one of those people that minds going to a thrift shop you can find clothes there that are almost new or even new for next to nothing. Most people end up with more baby clothes than they really need and their kid never gets to wear some of the outfits.

Just figured i'd throw that in there since you mentioned the financial situation. I do recommend you try to save up what you can before the baby comes though because you never know what expense could come up. My daughter is almost 2 now and we live on a tight income and it's tough at times but overall she's happy and has everything she needs. What's going to cost you the most is diapers and wipes unless you wanna go the cloth route.

With all that junk outta the way congrats!! If you ever want someone to talk to about all this type of stuff feel free to message me on skype or in pms here.

true story. ;)
Congratulations sir !

TheSaxRunner05 11-20-2012 08:39 PM

That's some great advice, thanks angel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 3805897)

That made me smile =)

Winrar 11-20-2012 08:54 PM

Congrats! Have you given any thoughts on potential names yet?

popsicle_3000 11-20-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

I lost it...

that said, holy crap dude!!

Pseudo Enigma 11-20-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

lol

Congratulations Sax! I'm sure you'll do a fine job. Don't let him near FFR on your life rofl

xVaLoRx 11-20-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winrar (Post 3805965)
Congrats! Have you given any thoughts on potential names yet?

Shmuley Boteach

ice_lazer3 11-20-2012 11:25 PM

Congrats! That is big news. Hope it goes well for you :)

lumphoboextreme 11-21-2012 05:07 AM

Congrats and good luck on getting by with that income.

thesunfan 11-21-2012 07:02 AM

Congratulations, you now have an excuse for Bridget to not kidnap you on the TB road trip that isn't happening.

okforrealcongrats.

Cavernio 11-21-2012 08:05 AM

My sister's first kid was the first grandkid and the only baby in a quite a few years throughout the entire extended family (most who live close by), and my sister was actually giving away toys because there were just too many of them for her house.
If you have your own washer and dryer, cloth diapers all the way (with disposable ones for when you are out and about.) They don't make standard poos until their weaned anyways, so it's not as gross as you would think.
I don't think the money's going to be much of an issue until they get older and they whine for clothes that aren't handmedowns, want all the 'in' expensive video games and systems (if they're still making new systems by then) and want to do every activity under the sun. Push for cheap sports that don't require a lot of gear :-p

popsicle_3000 11-21-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 3806138)
TB road trip

say what?

moches 11-21-2012 08:51 AM

This is too awesome. Congrats! Hope you can support the baby; it looks like plenty of people here are offering their experiences :)

i will pwn u 11-21-2012 09:11 AM

omg people from ffr actually have sex!! lol im jk saxs, I also am about to be a father in like less then 5 weeks so ... congratulations you'll make something work XD

ichliebekase 11-21-2012 09:56 AM

Congrats, enjoy the time while he/she's young, they grow up extremely fast!