Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Nickelodeon goes classic. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117649)

psychoangel691 02-27-2011 01:55 PM

Re: Nickelodeon goes classic.

If this is true I'll be super happy. Most of the newer shows I can't stand so if the old ones come back I'll be able to watch them with my daughter and actually enjoy them lol.

Superfreak04 02-27-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertsona (Post 3425638)
@superfreak: i wouldn't even go that far: leave these shows in the realm of nostalgia. anything else is just ruining it

Hmm, I would be happy if it was possible to get all the episodes on DVD or something. Trying to torrent them is a pain since I don't think any torrents exist that have every episode ever made. If they made buy able DVD's, I would be just as happy.

Ninty64 02-27-2011 02:01 PM

The more that I think about it, the more that it seems that this is fake.

Too bad.

duddychuck@yahoo.com 02-27-2011 02:01 PM

Oh shiiii

C@! 02-27-2011 02:03 PM

SWEET. OMG Please bring back KaBlam! That show was frigging awesome, especially the Prometheus and Bob bits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVLFqmp2aSY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX7yT...eature=related

Rubin0 02-27-2011 03:07 PM

I have been deathly ill with a stomach virus all day. I really didn't think my day could get any better until I read this. Thank you.

IAAW 02-27-2011 03:12 PM

I like this tidbit of news; the old 80s' and 90s' cartoons were the shiznit.

Rubin0 02-27-2011 03:13 PM

Camp Wala Wala...I hold you in my heart...and when I think about you....it make me wanna....

Izzy 02-27-2011 03:18 PM

Now cartoon network needs to follow and replace all these garbage shows they have today.

Dark_Chrysalis 02-27-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someone with brains
Cyma Zarghami, who runs the television station was quoted saying, “We have noticed a significant drop in ratings since our show from the late 1990’s. We have strayed from our cartoons and we believe that was our biggest mistake...

Only took 16 years but someone finally figured it out. I'd be even more excited if they brought back game shows. I freaking LIVED on Figure It Out/Legends of the Hidden Temple/(Global) GUTS etc.

who_cares973 02-27-2011 03:25 PM

I didn't actually click the link so if this isn't even a creditable source than shame on you for raising my spirit

ichliebekase 02-27-2011 03:59 PM

I looked through the internet a little bit and couldn't find any other news articles about this. The article written by the high schooler has been the only evidence to show this is truly happening...

Don't get me wrong, I've been hoping and praying for this to happen for years. But I wouldn't get your hopes up too high based off of one article written by a teenager.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 02-27-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak04 (Post 3425604)
Nickelodeon is going to start producing new episodes of the shows from the 90's. Rocket Power, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, etc. I'm pretty ****ing excited. :')

http://my.hsj.org/Schools/Newspaper/..._Classics.aspx

This made my day.

AlexDest 02-27-2011 04:07 PM

awesome

finally i get some nostalgia

Ninty64 02-27-2011 04:20 PM

"Arnold and his pals from Hey Arnold, have now moved on from elementary school to middle school in New York. "

It's just too bad that Hey Arnold! was set in the Pacific Northwest, which is no where near New York.

Dey got no proof either.

ichliebekase 02-27-2011 04:29 PM

Wasn't Hey Arnold set in a made-up city called Hillwood? The producer made it to bear resemblance to a couple major cities in America. Also, there's an episode that Arnold goes to Quigley Stadium which is just north of New York. Problem with that fact though is it didn't look anything like the stadium. I thought the entire setting was made-up in all aspects. Either way, I emailed the newspaper editor asking what their source was. We'll see what kind of response I get, if I get one.

icontrolyourworld 02-27-2011 04:32 PM

hey guys, catdog was the best

nuclearsamurai 02-27-2011 04:42 PM

<3

Ninty64 02-27-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichliebekase (Post 3425751)
Wasn't Hey Arnold set in a made-up city called Hillwood? The producer made it to bear resemblance to a couple major cities in America. Also, there's an episode that Arnold goes to Quigley Stadium which is just north of New York. Problem with that fact though is it didn't look anything like the stadium. I thought the entire setting was made-up in all aspects. Either way, I emailed the newspaper editor asking what their source was. We'll see what kind of response I get, if I get one.

Yes, it is. It looks like New York too, I admit.

I base it off this quote from an interview though:

"Question:
Is the city in which the show takes place meant to be in the Pacific Northwest?

Craig Bartlett:
Yep. I try not to be specific, since it's an amalgam of large northern cities I have loved, including Seattle (my hometown), Portland (where I went to art school) and Brooklyn (the bridge, the brownstones, the subway). It's a fictitious, unnamed city. "

link

ichliebekase 02-27-2011 04:59 PM

Read through the link, pretty interesting to read it. I'm glad the Helga/Arnold relationship will never happen though XD wouldn't be natural.