I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • phe0nixblade
    Praise the sun mofo
    • Sep 2005
    • 4281

    #16
    Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

    I love this Erothyme guy, smart, and cocky. That's hardcore.
    And as tokzic said, brilliant

    Comment

    • Bolth mannn
      FFR Veteran
      • Aug 2008
      • 2228

      #17
      Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

      lol when I read the title I thought it said something along the lines of 'i was set on fire by a notebook tonight'

      i think my brains reading things wrong lol, night.

      Comment

      • virus003
        FFR Veteran
        • Feb 2008
        • 1822

        #18
        Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

        Originally posted by Dorby
        Obviously not. Oh yeah and your sig looks like ****.
        Think about your sig for a second.

        Originally posted by XUioX
        too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
        Originally posted by roundb0x
        i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
        Originally posted by who_cares973
        stop back seat modding its annoying

        Comment

        • Erothyme
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2008
          • 2033

          #19
          Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

          Originally posted by Triplex72
          tl;dr
          Attention span of a fruit fly on heroin.


          - - - - - -

          Comment

          • NFD
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2007
            • 4715

            #20
            Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

            Hello darkness, my old friend,
            Ive come to talk with you again,
            Because a vision softly creeping,
            Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
            And the vision that was planted in my brain
            Still remains
            Within the sound of silence.

            Comment

            • Erothyme
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2008
              • 2033

              #21
              Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

              Delicious. Never read it before.


              - - - - - -

              Comment

              • mellonxcollie
                Sectional Moderator
                Sectional Moderator
                • Dec 2006
                • 1303

                #22
                Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

                Simon and Garfunkel? B)
                Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                Comment

                • Erothyme
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 2033

                  #23
                  Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

                  I bought my sister a couple S&G vinyls last year, but I haven't actually listened to them. Oh well. 8)


                  - - - - - -

                  Comment

                  • NFD
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 4715

                    #24
                    Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

                    They're not that bad actually. The song was used pretty nicely in Watchmen. But again, your poem was Robert Frost-esque. Read it thrice now.

                    Comment

                    • Erothyme
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 2033

                      #25
                      Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

                      <3


                      - - - - - -

                      Comment

                      • All_That_Chaz
                        Supreme Dictator For Life
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 5874

                        #26
                        Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

                        Well it certainly sounds nice and the lines read very simply and beautifully. Good job.

                        1) Try rewriting the first stanza without using two rhymes that use the "u" sound. It sounds very different from the rest of the poem because of that. Just see what it sounds like to you after a rewrite. It will sound more in line with the rest of the poem that way. That isn't to say that it sounded bad. You should use that scheme for a different poem if you wanted.

                        2) Lines 5, 6, 7, and 8 seem to have a different rhyme scheme in each stanza. I'd say make up your mind and stick to one scheme.

                        3) Some of the rhymes sound forced. All this means is that you need to spend more time trying to find the right words. In particular:
                        You're no different from I,
                        Maybe it's just because there's a grammatical error in there (You're no different from me,). I'd find a different way to structure that line.

                        4) It's a bit abstract. You do a decent job of emoting to the reader what the metaphors and symbols mean but you can do better.

                        Overall good job, dude. Sorry it took so long for me to read this. I really liked it. I critique because I love.
                        Back to "Back to Earth"
                        Originally posted by FoJaR
                        dammit chaz
                        Originally posted by FoJaR
                        god dammit chaz
                        Originally posted by MalReynolds
                        I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                        Comment

                        • Erothyme
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 2033

                          #27
                          Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

                          8)


                          - - - - - -

                          Comment

                          • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                            nobody fiffers anymore.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 2440

                            #28
                            Re: I sat by a fire with a notebook tonight.

                            Pretty awesome poem. Nice, natural rhythm to it, which I think is what you were going for. There are some little nitpicks in the aesthetic department (which Chaz did a good job of pointing out) but overall it's really good.

                            Hope to see more stuff from you. I gotta start checking this forum some more.
                            ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                            Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                            Comment

                            Working...