Stephen King is sick and twisted.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cC@Zz
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2006
    • 1427

    #16
    Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

    Stephen King is not sick and twisted and not all of his books are gorey.

    Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
    Since were on the subject of Stephen King, I was thinking of picking up 1408 (the book. I haven't seen the movie yet). Has anybody read it/seen the movie?
    I've read the book and I thought it was pretty good. I have not seen the movie yet though.
    There is a 50% chance your pillow will eat you while you are sleeping.

    Comment

    • Wintergreen
      gamehussy
      • Dec 2006
      • 64

      #17
      Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

      Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
      Since were on the subject of Stephen King, I was thinking of picking up 1408 (the book. I haven't seen the movie yet). Has anybody read it/seen the movie?
      I saw the movie with some friends. Their reaction on leaving was, "We're never letting you pick the movie again!" Not that it wasn't good, but the ending was kinda cheesy and lacking in closure. It was pretty cool in that rather than gore and horror, it was just really creepy and in some cases quite funny. I label it as a total mindf*ck.
      Life is short. Eat dessert first! - Jacques Torres

      Comment

      • boondocks77
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2007
        • 883

        #18
        Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

        Originally posted by ShastaTwist
        I question your age.
        OMG nvm im 14
        vagina

        Comment

        • ShastaTwist
          FFR Veteran
          • Sep 2004
          • 599

          #19
          Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

          I don't really know what age group Stephen King targets, but I'm sure it's meant for more mature people.

          Stephen King is a brilliant writer, the way he writes makes you feel like you're actually there. He sucks you into his writing and makes it easy to comprehend. If his books repulse and horrify you, I suggest not reading them until you've matured a bit.

          Comment

          • boondocks77
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2007
            • 883

            #20
            Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

            Originally posted by ShastaTwist
            I don't really know what age group Stephen King targets, but I'm sure it's meant for more mature people.

            Stephen King is a brilliant writer, the way he writes makes you feel like you're actually there. He sucks you into his writing and makes it easy to comprehend. If his books repulse and horrify you, I suggest not reading them until you've matured a bit.
            I never said he wuz bad for the last goddam time. I actually liked tht book Rose Madder becuz it reminds me of my feminist teacher. And I saw his movie Desperation on TV.
            vagina

            Comment

            • ShastaTwist
              FFR Veteran
              • Sep 2004
              • 599

              #21
              Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

              I didn't say you said he was a bad author.

              Comment

              • RB_IcePh0enix
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2007
                • 709

                #22
                Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

                Can someone please explain what happens on page 74 of Rose Madder? I seriously want to know lol. Anyways, I haven't read any Stephen King books yet but I definetly will when I get older. He seems like a really good author though.

                Comment

                • angelofthedead
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 373

                  #23
                  Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

                  Stephen King isn't as apalling as Edgar Allan Poe. Edgar Allan Poe has a more gory and pesimistic tone than Stephen King ever will.
                  "Words of peace will get you far, but words of peace with a tactical nuke will get you even further"

                  sigpic<----Use it. I am a member of T_SOB.

                  Comment

                  • boondocks77
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 883

                    #24
                    Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

                    Originally posted by ShastaTwist
                    I didn't say you said he was a bad author.
                    well u implied it. and u know u did subconciously u cant deny tht XD
                    vagina

                    Comment

                    • ShastaTwist
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Sep 2004
                      • 599

                      #25
                      Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

                      Originally posted by boondocks77
                      well u implied it.
                      No, I really didn't.


                      Originally posted by boondocks77
                      and u know u did subconciously u cant deny tht XD
                      Yes, yes I can.

                      Comment

                      • boondocks77
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 883

                        #26
                        Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

                        Originally posted by ShastaTwist
                        No, I really didn't.




                        Yes, yes I can.
                        lol is all i can say
                        vagina

                        Comment

                        • Wootsicle
                          Nothing can stop me now..
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 722

                          #27
                          Re: Stephen King is sick and twisted.

                          Then don't say anything at all.

                          I haven't really read any King, but 1408 was an amazing movie, so if the book was anywhere near as good, I'm sure I'd love it.

                          Comment

                          Working...