Orson Scott Card

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MalReynolds
    CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
    • Sep 2003
    • 6571

    #16
    Re: Orson Scott Card

    The Lost Boys dragged a bit in the middle as the story didn't really go anywhere until near the end, and the resolution, while incredbily emotional, was kind of just... Well, it was a good book. And I enjoyed it.
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


    My new novel:

    Maledictions: The Offering.

    Now in Paperback!

    Comment

    • solopro
      FFR Player
      • May 2006
      • 448

      #17
      Re: Orson Scott Card

      I didn't even finish Ender's Game. My English teacher didn't get far. I forgot where it stopped.
      Originally posted by John O'Hurley
      But realize we surveyed 100 people and that you need 103 points.
      AAAs: Nine

      Unique AAAs: Three

      Most Recent: Excite Bike (Achieved 08/02/07, at 1153 hours)

      Best: Disconnected




      Comment

      • FoJaR
        The Worst
        • Nov 2005
        • 2816

        #18
        Re: Orson Scott Card

        Originally posted by whorlichan
        Yes, he's a religious Mormon, but I don't think he shoves it in your face as much as people have mentioned.
        i'm the only one that mentioned that he was a mormon.

        i'm a mormon.

        Comment

        • xObserveRx
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2003
          • 1148

          #19
          Re: Orson Scott Card

          I just finished Speaker for the Dead and I found it to be much better than Ender's Game. Not that Ender's Game wasn't good, it was. It's just that EG focuses more on political type issues IMO, whereas SftD takes a more character interaction/development type route, which makes for much better story telling. Also, Card's heart seemed to be in SftD a lot more than EG and the copy I have has a long introduction that (I think) explains why.

          Bottom Line: If you read Ender's Game and liked it, Try reading Speaker for the Dead. You'll most likely enjoy it, or, in a worst case scenario, find it inferior to Ender's Game.
          Come Play The Werewolf Game!

          Comment

          • Laharl
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2003
            • 1821

            #20
            Re: Orson Scott Card

            Orson Scott Card is a professor at my college. I believe he's busy with the script for the Ender's Game movie so he's only teaching one class this semester which I didn't get in to. However, he'll be doing 2 workshop type writing courses next semester and I should be able to get in one of those.
            SIG PICTURES:

            POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET

            Comment

            • Squeek
              let it snow~
              • Jan 2004
              • 14444

              #21
              Re: Orson Scott Card

              You mean they're actually making a movie after all these years?

              Hot.

              Comment

              • Laharl
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2003
                • 1821

                #22
                Re: Orson Scott Card

                As far as I can tell, that could just be rumor (people in small town America LOVE their gossip) but it would explain why he's taking such a light teaching load.
                SIG PICTURES:

                POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET

                Comment

                Working...