FFR Rad Poets Society

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gnr61
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Oct 2005
    • 7251

    #16
    Re: FFR Rad Poets Society

    i've been busy
    it never occurs to me to post here when i'm not actively playing SM or anything though i probably should, i always find myself missing this community lol
    squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

    Comment

    • moches
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2005
      • 3996

      #17
      Re: FFR Rad Poets Society

      holy shit Puppet your stuff never fails to amaze me. only thing (and this is honestly more a personal thing than anything) is that you may want to try reading these out loud, especially when they use more complex vocabulary: it's important to make sure that they don't break the flow of the piece or feel out-of-place/at odds with the setting or content of your poetry, especially since it's a story (I think)?

      overall it's tight, loving the vivid imagery and the powerful voice\

      shit i need to start poetry again but i cannot get off of my ass, somebody motivate me

      Comment

      • ciganski
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2013
        • 7

        #18
        Re: FFR Rad Poets Society

        Moches, it always helps me to find inspiration when I think about places I have been; reminiscences make up most of my poems.

        It came upon me on a cloudy morn
        a morn in the month of October
        the Autumn breeze stilled, and a thought was born
        where the leaves like amber hang over.

        It came upon me on an empty kind
        of night in the month of October
        the open sky gave way to my mind
        where the cold water splashes in time.

        What was that, that came to me
        that month, that month of October?
        I ask myself, and still I wonder-

        Edit: Btw, i like your September 1st one!
        Last edited by ciganski; 09-9-2013, 05:22 PM.

        Comment

        • Cavernio
          sunshine and rainbows
          • Feb 2006
          • 1987

          #19
          Re: FFR Rad Poets Society

          #RealTalk

          Emotions, sensations, that's all I want.
          And that is what I have.
          I will ride the waves until they dissipate,
          but I will not care if I drown during it.
          I am whole again.
          I am connected to the pain.
          I am connected to the pleasure.
          I crave it all.
          Everything is better than nothing.

          Comment

          • FoJaR
            The Worst
            • Nov 2005
            • 2816

            #20
            Re: FFR Rad Poets Society

            lovesong 304:

            butts butts butts
            everything is butts
            butts butts butts butts butts
            baby gimme dat butts

            Comment

            • redsea
              seek ye first the kingdom
              • Mar 2013
              • 181

              #21
              Re: FFR Rad Poets Society

              On the path there once I traveled
              made of Arab sand
              A thirst that was quenched by knowledge once
              estranged by the Lords hand.

              I came upon a spot to lie
              within some cooling shade.
              The source of which I could not see
              it did not seem to fade.

              Once that I had drunk my fill
              of that shadowy spot of land,
              my travels began, again, again,
              on that path of Arab sand.

              What pool of water lay within
              this deserts hot embrace?
              I could not think of that too long
              at once I made my haste.

              As I came upon the pool,
              it did not vanish yet!
              A gypsy in its waters bathed
              at once our eyes had met.

              That water dropping from her eyes!
              Confusion met my mind.
              Is it water droplets I see
              or the product of another kind?

              Her beauty, I say, had quenched my thirst,
              her body, my appetite;
              and now she stood in front of me,
              I dare say in plain sight.

              Sing to me, I say you gypsy
              in this silent land!
              Dance for me, I say you gypsy
              on this Arab sand!

              Comment

              Working...