FFR Fanfiction: Part I

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fluvs
    FFR Veteran
    • Sep 2009
    • 674

    #16
    Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

    Originally posted by bmah
    For whatever reason, this reminds me of The Hunger Games *FFR Version*.
    nice

    Comment

    • gnr61
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Oct 2005
      • 7251

      #17
      Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

      @danceguy yes i do! i spend a lot of free time writing various things (poetry and short fiction mostly but i'm also wrapping up a first novel and write for my college's newspaper)

      @wc don't fret, you're in this :P

      Originally posted by bmah
      For whatever reason, this reminds me of The Hunger Games *FFR Version*.
      i've never read/seen the hunger games but the similarity is probably no coincidence. the hallmarks of this kind of genre (districts! police state! large-scale violent spectacle!) are so cliche it's almost embarrassing to write, but it's still a really fun exercise to try and do it as well and entertainingly as possible
      squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

      Comment

      • Xiz
        TWG Chaos
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2012
        • 3399

        #18
        Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

        oh lawrdy, do more

        Comment

        • gnr61
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Oct 2005
          • 7251

          #19
          Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

          FLASHJOURNAL ENTRY #2
          5.12.2067
          6:15 A.M.


          I am intrigued by a book of poems on my shelf. It tells of a colorful time long past. It tells of something or someplace called Seasons, where it does not always get dark at 3PM and the air is not always so brisk. Where leaves on the trees change and fall in beautiful ways, depending on what time of year it is. The book is on the blacklist, but I have had it for as long as I can remember. Were I of lower standing within the Regime my ownership of it would be a bannable offense. Midare says the author, Cosmo Star, was a radical and a hack not worth listening to. He says that he himself could write better poems in minutes. But Midare was something of a radical once too.

          -

          Midare is one of my two ex-Chancellor apartmentmates. He works with me now in the Department of Accuracy Training. The other is JX. No one sees JX for the most part, as he works in the shady administrative offices and mostly keeps to himself. He is known for having popularized the technicality mandates and for having resigned from the Council in protest when live musical instrumentation was banned from Simfile creation by the Kommisar in 2060. He had nothing to say about the book of poems.

          -

          FLASHJOUNRAL ENTRY #3
          5.12.2067
          4:00 P.M.


          I was called out of work today to consult for an emergency session of the Council. I was to provide testimony before the Chancellors regarding the history and constitutionality of the use of bombs in official Simfiles. At the palatial, well-guarded congressional building I flashed my Orange Grade identification card and was promptly admitted and guided by two colossal, simple-looking security guards in suits to a chamber reserved for former Chancellors and expert witnesses. We passed two other chambers, the first filled to bursting with commoners who had been waiting for days or weeks for a verdict on their Simfile submissions. They were ragged and hungry and uneducated, babbling nervously but aglow with the hope that they might someday get to see their work featured for a couple minutes in the official Games. The second chamber was far primmer. Ten or twelve busily blinking monitors lined the walls, each with a headphone-wearing digital music composer facing it. They toiled for hours at a time but were well compensated for their work: the songs they composed were the very foundation of Simfile creation and the Games themselves. The Kommisar oversaw them, barking orders as we passed.

          After what seemed like miles of corridor we reached the expert witness chamber. I thanked my escorts and went into the small, well-ornamented room to find a smattering of chairs and a screen displaying a live-feed of all the Council's doings. There was only one other person there: a short, bespectacled man who sat enraptured with the television set, commenting on the current testimony under his breath. He had a FlashJournal in front of him and was scribbling vigorously. When the door closed behind me he looked up. "Who are you?" he demanded. I told him who I was, and he was quiet for a while. He seemed very serious.

          "Moses Kim," he said at last. "Regime ID Moches. Representative for the People's Chancellors, here to report the Light Chancellors' findings on the use of bombs. How do you do?"

          -
          squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

          Comment

          • gnr61
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Oct 2005
            • 7251

            #20
            Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

            updates will probably be micro until finals are over in a week, but that's fine because it's still in the 'introduce characters/set pieces in motion' phases. stay tuned for more excitement!
            squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

            Comment

            • bender5
              The 40% Iron Chef
              • Jan 2005
              • 4894

              #21
              Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

              This was a most excellent read whilst sipping on my pipe. What a fantastic story with such vivid language.

              Comment

              • Bluearrowll
                ⊙▃⊙
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Nov 2007
                • 7376

                #22
                Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

                Keep this going mate it's awesome ##.
                1st in Kommisar's 2009 SM Tournament
                1st in I Love You`s 2009 New Year`s Tournament
                3rd in EnR's Mashfest '08 tournament
                5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
                9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
                10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
                10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

                FMO AAA Count: 71
                FGO AAA Count: 10

                Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
                PS: Cool AAA's Terry
                - I Love You


                An Alarm Clock's Haiku
                beep beep beep beep beep
                beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
                beep beep beep beep beep
                - ieatyourlvllol

                Comment

                • popsicle_3000
                  Legendary Noob
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 4642

                  #23
                  Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

                  this is freaking awesome.

                  Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                  39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
                  Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                  one way to stream them all
                  Originally posted by Xiz
                  Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

                  But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
                  Originally posted by thesunfan
                  replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
                  Originally posted by reuben_tate
                  Title: Popsicle Three

                  Thousand the farthest
                  He's gone in an official
                  Whoop hip hip hooray!
                  Originally posted by U.N. Owen
                  kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

                  @popsicle_3000:
                  Danger incoming
                  The popsicles are melting
                  Three thousand of them
                  Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                  you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

                  dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
                  friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
                  dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
                  friend: hey bro can i tell you something
                  dynam0 yeah man whats up?
                  friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
                  dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
                  friend: thanks man
                  dynam0: no problem man
                  Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                  pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
                  Originally posted by Xiz
                  Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.

                  Comment

                  • Netjet!
                    Sic itur ad astra
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 4701

                    #24
                    Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

                    Bump



                    Anything else coming? This is so good!
                    RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                    Comment

                    • top
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2012
                      • 1907

                      #25
                      Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

                      very well written, can't wait for more

                      Comment

                      • gnr61
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 7251

                        #26
                        Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

                        truthfully i forgot i'd written this lmao, it was in the throes of a semi-drunken boredom spent alone in the city. thanks for the reminder and the compliments, the story shall indeed resume (just as soon as i've plotted a bit ahead hehu)
                        squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

                        Comment

                        • moches
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3996

                          #27
                          Re: FFR Fanfiction: Part I

                          this is great so far hahahaha, keep 'em updates coming!

                          "Moses Kim," he said at last. "Regime ID Moches. Representative for the People's Chancellors, here to report the Light Chancellors' findings on the use of bombs. How do you do?"
                          I laughed

                          Comment

                          Working...