Lol Ronda Rousey

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wayward Vagabond
    Confirmed Heartbreaker
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2012
    • 5866

    #16
    Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

    there was no mud or jiggling titties so this fight was of no importance to me

    Comment

    • TheRapingDragon
      A car crash mind
      • Aug 2005
      • 9788

      #17
      Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

      Originally posted by Deadlyx39
      I have a problem with Ronda Rousey because she says stuff like this. Then, she goes out and says something like this.
      Do you actually read the links you post or do you just read the tagline and move on?

      First link: Joe Rogan was the one who said he thought Rousey could beat a lot of the guys. Rousey's response was basically 'anything is possible'. She isn't saying 'I can definitely beat anyone, I'm the best', she's saying 'I can't categorically say [person A] can or can't beat [person B] because anything is possible'. Using the very same statement you can say that she has also stated she could lose to 100% of them, because you can't say there's a 100% chance that she can beat anyone.

      Second link: Both Rousey and UFC president Dana White agree that fights between men and women would not be appropriate. What's wrong with that? This doesn't contradict your first link.

      Using both links, essentially Rousey has said 'theoretically anyone can beat anyone, I could beat a guy, but personally I'd never want to see a man fight a woman or participate in such an event'.


      On the topic of UFC, I personally like all the showboating and theatrics. It's like when I watched wrestling as a kid. Some of the most entertaining UFC fighters to watch are the ones who trash talk. Just look at Conor McGregor.
      Last edited by TheRapingDragon; 11-16-2015, 12:14 AM.

      Comment

      • PhantomPuppy
        Washed and Irrelevant D7
        • May 2012
        • 1808

        #18
        Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

        i dont really think she's that cocky of a fighter (compared to most people ive been with throughout sports). if anything, she makes statements like "nobody has the right to beat me", but it seems more to me like she's challenging every other fighter to up their game and prove themselves. it's like... if there were only one active D7 in the world because everybody else left at the same time and everybody else were D1 or 2 lol. then all of a sudden a bunch of other people finally hit D7 and start whoopin on that D7 that was alone for so long. weird analogy, but anyway, now that she's been beaten, its like "ok, you've proven yourself. congrats." she can't really take anything away from holm, because she obviously put the effort in if she was able to take rousey down.

        just my opinion on the matter, but i dont think rousey deserves a bunch of crap for losing the fight, because she's honestly not that bad of a fighter, nor that cocky of one.
        Last edited by PhantomPuppy; 11-16-2015, 12:31 AM.

        10th OT (D3): 13th
        11th OT (D6): 11th
        12th OT (D6): 6th
        13th OT (D7): 31st
        14th OT (D7): 25th
        15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL
        16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL


        Originally posted by Funnygurl555
        you know what they say

        under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal

        Comment

        • Deadlyx39
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2014
          • 1046

          #19
          Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

          Originally posted by TheRapingDragon
          Do you actually read the links you post or do you just read the tagline and move on?

          First link: Joe Rogan was the one who said he thought Rousey could beat a lot of the guys. Rousey's response was basically 'anything is possible'. She isn't saying 'I can definitely beat anyone, I'm the best', she's saying 'I can't categorically say [person A] can or can't beat [person B] because anything is possible'. Using the very same statement you can say that she has also stated she could lose to 100% of them, because you can't say there's a 100% chance that she can beat anyone.

          Second link: Both Rousey and UFC president Dana White agree that fights between men and women would not be appropriate. What's wrong with that? This doesn't contradict your first link.

          Using both links, essentially Rousey has said 'theoretically anyone can beat anyone, I could beat a guy, but personally I'd never want to see a man fight a woman or participate in such an event'.


          On the topic of UFC, I personally like all the showboating and theatrics. It's like when I watched wrestling as a kid. Some of the most entertaining UFC fighters to watch are the ones who trash talk. Just look at Conor McGregor.
          You might be a biiit biased about McGregor. Just maybe...


          Anyway, Ronda actually said that if a fight like this were to happen, that she could beat 100% of bantamweight class men in a SportsCenter interview.
          Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
          I want another DJ hero
          Originally posted by Red Blaster
          Why should I care about this thread
          Originally posted by choof
          whats in it for me
          Originally posted by grizz13114
          Fun times and meme sluts
          Originally posted by choof
          ew meme sluts
          ew fun

          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
          do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
          i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

          on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

          [...]

          come back

          i need to laugh at you

          once more

          Comment

          • TheRapingDragon
            A car crash mind
            • Aug 2005
            • 9788

            #20
            Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

            Originally posted by Deadlyx39
            You might be a biiit biased about McGregor. Just maybe...
            Conor McGregor was born in Dublin, which is the Republic of Ireland. It's a different country to Northern Ireland. I'd say to pay more attention in your geography classes but that would be implying that Northern Ireland and Ireland get discussed in American education beyond the potato famine and the troubles, or that anyone actually listens.

            If I was going to be biased towards anyone in UFC I'd have to go for someone like Norman Parke, though personally I prefer fighters like Dan Henderson and Lyoto Machida.

            Anyway, Ronda actually said that if a fight like this were to happen, that she could beat 100% of bantamweight class men in a SportsCenter interview.
            That's the exact same quote that was quoted in your first link so I'll just reiterate my original comment:

            First link: Joe Rogan was the one who said he thought Rousey could beat a lot of the guys. Rousey's response was basically 'anything is possible'. She isn't saying 'I can definitely beat anyone, I'm the best', she's saying 'I can't categorically say [person A] can or can't beat [person B] because anything is possible'. Using the very same statement you can say that she has also stated she could lose to 100% of them, because you can't say there's a 100% chance that she can beat anyone.

            Comment

            • Deadlyx39
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2014
              • 1046

              #21
              Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

              Originally posted by TheRapingDragon
              Conor McGregor was born in Dublin, which is the Republic of Ireland. It's a different country to Northern Ireland. I'd say to pay more attention in your geography classes but that would be implying that Northern Ireland and Ireland get discussed in American education beyond the potato famine and the troubles, or that anyone actually listens.

              If I was going to be biased towards anyone in UFC I'd have to go for someone like Norman Parke, though personally I prefer fighters like Dan Henderson and Lyoto Machida.



              That's the exact same quote that was quoted in your first link so I'll just reiterate my original comment:
              I am aware that Northern Ireland and Ireland are different. I'm a junior in high school and I have never had a unit on Ireland in 11 years.

              I can agree with your fighter choices, both of them are pretty good.


              I understand the whole theoretically part, but what I'm getting at is that she's only saying this because she knows it'll never happen. If there ever was a chance that this kind of fight would be sanctioned, she would never say something like this.
              Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
              I want another DJ hero
              Originally posted by Red Blaster
              Why should I care about this thread
              Originally posted by choof
              whats in it for me
              Originally posted by grizz13114
              Fun times and meme sluts
              Originally posted by choof
              ew meme sluts
              ew fun

              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

              on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

              [...]

              come back

              i need to laugh at you

              once more

              Comment

              • mrpreggers
                D7 Elite Keymasher
                • Feb 2011
                • 3395

                #22
                Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

                wow rip that lady I hope those kicks to the head do her a world of good I'm the future

                Comment

                • ULTIMEGA
                  Torn to oblivion!
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 1498

                  #23
                  Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

                  I don't really care what anyone says - Ronda Rousey is the AJ Lee of UFC. Shut up and drink your beers, boys, because she will make a vengeful return.
                  Subscribe To My Channel!

                  Originally posted by _Zenith_
                  @ULTIMEGA, dank meme genie.

                  HIGHEST AAA:Necropotence [90]
                  HIGHEST SDG: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
                  HIGHEST FC: Six Acid Strings [101]
                  HIGHEST SCORE: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)

                  Comment

                  • ShadowDueler97
                    scarhand pls
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 547

                    #24
                    Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

                    Yeah except for that the UFC isn't staged. The rematch is definitely gonna be interesting.
                    Last edited by ShadowDueler97; 11-18-2015, 12:30 PM.


                    Comment

                    • ULTIMEGA
                      Torn to oblivion!
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 1498

                      #25
                      Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

                      And you can bet that she's gonna hit back and HARD. She's made quite the name for herself.
                      Subscribe To My Channel!

                      Originally posted by _Zenith_
                      @ULTIMEGA, dank meme genie.

                      HIGHEST AAA:Necropotence [90]
                      HIGHEST SDG: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
                      HIGHEST FC: Six Acid Strings [101]
                      HIGHEST SCORE: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)

                      Comment

                      • j-rodd123
                        End of the road
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3692

                        #26
                        Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

                        women's ufc is so underdeveloped anyway

                        Originally posted by FictionJunction
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • .TILT.
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2015
                          • 3

                          #27
                          Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

                          holly holm is the TRUTH!!!!

                          Comment

                          • Deadlyx39
                            FFR Player
                            • Sep 2014
                            • 1046

                            #28
                            Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

                            It seems like there's been a recent influx of people with less than 5 posts reviving old threads.
                            Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                            I want another DJ hero
                            Originally posted by Red Blaster
                            Why should I care about this thread
                            Originally posted by choof
                            whats in it for me
                            Originally posted by grizz13114
                            Fun times and meme sluts
                            Originally posted by choof
                            ew meme sluts
                            ew fun

                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

                            on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

                            [...]

                            come back

                            i need to laugh at you

                            once more

                            Comment

                            • Red Blaster
                              Bridge Burner
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 2040

                              #29
                              Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

                              mostly tilt
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                              Originally posted by choof
                              hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              what's a milky christmas :O

                              Comment

                              • Deadlyx39
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2014
                                • 1046

                                #30
                                Re: Lol Ronda Rousey

                                Tilt for most underrated poster FFR Forum Awards 2016
                                Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                                I want another DJ hero
                                Originally posted by Red Blaster
                                Why should I care about this thread
                                Originally posted by choof
                                whats in it for me
                                Originally posted by grizz13114
                                Fun times and meme sluts
                                Originally posted by choof
                                ew meme sluts
                                ew fun

                                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                                do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
                                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                                i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

                                on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

                                [...]

                                come back

                                i need to laugh at you

                                once more

                                Comment

                                Working...