Progress pics thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dynam0
    The Dominator
    • Sep 2005
    • 8987

    #106
    Re: Progress pics thread

    Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
    it looks like you have super long arms lol. progress is progress though no hate
    I think so too haha, the hope is that once they get a bit more size they will appear more proportioned

    Originally posted by Mahou
    Yeah, you look much thicker which means you've put in some muscle. What's your workout regimine and diet look like?
    Partying on the weekends is okay. No way in hell should you deprive yourself of fun just for fitness goals
    I typically go 4-5 times per week, always start with 25 mins cardio and stretching.
    The order varies week-to-week but I will focus a workout on each of: chest, back, core, legs, shoulders, arms. Sometimes I'll do more of an endurance day and combine core+arms, legs+shoulders, chest+back for instance.
    As for individual exercises I'm super bad with names, but essentially I will do 5-6 exercises per muscle group, 3-4 sets of anywhere from 6-10 reps depending on the day and how I'm feeling.

    As for diet, bowl of cereal in the morning, sandwich+yogurt+granola bar at work, sometimes a sub or pizza (yes bleh), protein shake after workout, dinners are a total toss up but mostly I'll make tacos/wraps or frozen foods...I really want to start preparing chicken + rice based meals weekly so I can get into more of a healthy routine that way.
    Last edited by Dynam0; 07-7-2017, 05:34 AM.

    Comment

    • Mahou
      魔法少女
      • Jan 2006
      • 2153

      #107
      Re: Progress pics thread

      You could substitute lunch with a sub sandwich. Rice and chicken is the god of post workout meals. You'll thank yourself when you start eating it more regularly. If you don't feel like making rice, try sweet potatoes. Personally, I like to add ground cinnamon with light brown sugar to them - at that point, you'll feel like you're eating a desert.

      In the morning, try some oatmeal with honey or whey protein. Oatmeal is slow digesting and considered a complex carbohydrate. You'll feel more full from it and should help from grazing on anything shitty. Plus, it's easy as fuck to prepare.

      I'm proud of you dynamo. Keep up the hard work bro and don't be afraid to show any progress.
      Last edited by Mahou; 07-7-2017, 05:58 PM.
      Originally posted by lofty rhino
      one does not simply hate everyone that plays stepmania
      AND watch anime.

      Comment

      • SCWolf
        ༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
        • Jun 2006
        • 1662

        #108
        Re: Progress pics thread

        Ok so for about 5 months I was deciding to take things into chill mode. I ate intuitively the entire time, which means I didn't track anything for about 5 months. I decided I'd do a body re-composition at the beginning of august, and I've been back to tracking daily (with the exception of a few days here and there). Since then I've lost about 10lbs. I'm taking things real slowly because it's enjoyable currently and because it's nice on the wallet.

        This is what I'm looking like right now





        I have a little bloat going cause I ate quite a bit of food prior to these lol. I am 158lbs in these pictures.

        Strength is still about the same.
        Last edited by SCWolf; 09-20-2017, 09:50 PM.

        Comment

        • Eli Way
          FFR Player
          • Jul 2017
          • 10

          #109
          Re: Progress pics thread

          Originally posted by SCWolf
          I ate intuitively the entire time, which means I didn't track anything for about 5 months.
          any downsides ?

          Comment

          • Reach
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2003
            • 7471

            #110
            Re: Progress pics thread

            Looking juicy.

            I think once you've really built up your base to where you want it to be, eating intuitively is the way to go. So much easier lifestyle wise. I've been doing the same with no major problems either.

            Comment

            • Mahou
              魔法少女
              • Jan 2006
              • 2153

              #111
              Re: Progress pics thread

              is jealous
              Originally posted by lofty rhino
              one does not simply hate everyone that plays stepmania
              AND watch anime.

              Comment

              • SCWolf
                ༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
                • Jun 2006
                • 1662

                #112
                Re: Progress pics thread

                Originally posted by Eli Way
                any downsides ?
                Downside would be not being able to accurately pin-point what may be causing a plateau. I was only maintaining though, so for me it was more about making sure I wasn't losing or gaining so it was fairly easy for me to ballpark what I needed to be eating.
                Last edited by SCWolf; 09-26-2017, 07:26 PM.

                Comment

                Working...