MLB 2011 Postseason

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Emo_Saur_
    FFR Veteran
    • Feb 2007
    • 2952

    #16
    Re: MLB 2011 Postseason

    It's about time the Yanks aren't the greatest team ever, they've had a good run. I just can't stand the team.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • All_That_Chaz
      Supreme Dictator For Life
      • Apr 2004
      • 5874

      #17
      Re: MLB 2011 Postseason

      The Cardinals batted like .500 against the Phillies aces, and .900 against their bullpen. They're disgustingly hot. I haven't watched baseball since but I know that the Brewers are favored.

      Yeah if the Rangers beat Verlander I think you can put that series in the bag. Not that nobody else on that squad can pitch but I think they needed Verlander to get 2 wins in order to advance.

      As far as the world series, it depends on whether st. louis ever cools off. As evidenced in the Philly series, nobody can beat this team when they're this hot. The Phils were the best team in the league, and the best built for postseason ball, but they lost to what the Cardinals brought which is a good offense and the worst pitching in the league.
      Last edited by All_That_Chaz; 10-13-2011, 03:12 PM.
      Back to "Back to Earth"
      Originally posted by FoJaR
      dammit chaz
      Originally posted by FoJaR
      god dammit chaz
      Originally posted by MalReynolds
      I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

      Comment

      • foilman8805
        smoke wheat hail satin
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2006
        • 5704

        #18
        Re: MLB 2011 Postseason

        Phils were built for the 7 game match ups. Anything can happen in a 5 game series.

        Comment

        • GuidoHunter
          is against custom titles
          • Oct 2003
          • 7371

          #19
          Re: MLB 2011 Postseason

          God bless Nelson Cruz.

          Also, Brewers, stop sucking.

          --Guido

          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
          Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

          Comment

          • All_That_Chaz
            Supreme Dictator For Life
            • Apr 2004
            • 5874

            #20
            Re: MLB 2011 Postseason

            It doesn't matter anyway. Howard blew his achilles. The Phils are going to be paying a hobbled underachiever for the next 5 years. They're old and the management won't be able to keep this team together much longer, if at all. Besides Howard, Polanco's career is basically over due to repeated back and elbow injuries, Rollins will get an offer better than anything the Phils can offer from San Francisco or Los Angeles, Utley hasn't been the same since his injury, and Ibanez is a billion years old and his career should be over. All they have left is Victorino, Pence, and the pitching. They're done.

            It's times like these I wish I was wrong about everything like I usually am. When I watched the Phils lose the World Series in 2009, I figured the Phils were on the decline. I made the following predictions:
            2010: Lose in NLCS while heavily favored
            2011: Lose in NLDS while heavily favored
            2012: Miss the playoffs after leading the division all season
            Back to "Back to Earth"
            Originally posted by FoJaR
            dammit chaz
            Originally posted by FoJaR
            god dammit chaz
            Originally posted by MalReynolds
            I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

            Comment

            Working...