American Idol -Season 7

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cosmic M
    FFR Player
    • Jul 2007
    • 328

    #16
    Re: American Idol -Season 7

    I watch the auditions just for the nuts. After the auditions, the show tends to go downhill. Also, who decided that Ryan Seacrest wouldn't say, "Seacrest Out" anymore? That was hilarious.


    Final AAA count: 86+1+19 = 106 (I'm Done)
    Latest: Zodiac

    Originally posted by omgitznpv
    & GUISE STAY THE **** AWAY FROM COSMICM

    Comment

    • alster1
      What is this I don't even
      • Sep 2006
      • 948

      #17
      Re: American Idol -Season 7

      show has WAY too many commercials... especially during the finale :P
      EDIT: isn't it also on fox?

      Comment

      • dore
        caveman pornstar
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2006
        • 6317

        #18
        Re: American Idol -Season 7

        WET MY WEEPLE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

        Comment

        • DrugstoreCowboy
          Is Famouz
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2006
          • 3409

          #19
          Re: American Idol -Season 7

          I LOL'd at the stalker song.

          wow.

          Comment

          • foilman8805
            smoke wheat hail satin
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2006
            • 5704

            #20
            Re: American Idol -Season 7

            Originally posted by rushyrulz
            There have been 6. This IS season 7 which will produce a 7th

            Kelly Clarkson
            Ruben Studdard
            Carrie Underwood
            Fantasia Barino
            Taylor Hicks
            Jordyn Sparks
            Do all of these names just seem unbelievably fake to anyone?

            I know they're people, but they're like...porn names almost.

            Also, only 2 of these people have had careers. The rest are failures.

            Comment

            • Ice wolf
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2007
              • 852

              #21
              Re: American Idol -Season 7

              I would've watched it, but I have homework. >_>
              Reverse for life!




              ^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

              The best noteskin ever: Skittles


              Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

              Comment

              • Silvuh
                quit
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Apr 2005
                • 938

                #22
                Re: American Idol -Season 7

                Bump for the top 12... (hope that's okay...)

                So I've been watching this season since the last week of auditions... I haven't watched this show anywhere near this much since season two. They're actually good this season.

                The top twelve!
                Chikezie, David Archuleta, David Cook, David Hernandez, Jason Castro, Michael Johns, Amanda Overmyer, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Kristy Lee Cook, Ramiele Malubay, and Syesha Mercado
                And the other twelve, in order of elimination from most recent to earliest:
                Asia'h Epperson, Kady Malloy, Danny Noriega, Luke Menard / Alaina Whitaker, Alexandréa Lushington, Robbie Carrico, Jason Yeager / Joanne Borgella, Amy Davis, Garrett Haley, Colton Berry

                And now to give my opinions... Just ranking them at the moment. To avoid specifics, I'm sticking them in four tiers, each with three people. (I'm including all twenty-four contestants to show my disagreement with the top twelve.)
                Males.
                David Cook, David Archuleta, Jason Castro / David Hernandez, Garrett Haley, Micheal Johns / Jason Yeager, Luke Menard, Robbie Carrico / Danny Noriega, Colton Berry / and Chikezie, who I don't believe even deserves the lowest tier.
                Females.
                Carly Smithson, Ramiele Malubay, Kady Malloy / Syesha Mercado, Joanne Borgella, Alaina Whitaker / Alexandréa Lushington, Kristy Lee Cook, Asia'h Epperson / Brooke White, Amanda Overmyer, Amy Davis

                Now for some comments on specific performers:
                I've always enjoyed David Cook's modernizations of these songs. He keeps them interesting, and he doesn't dumb down the songs when he modernizes them, like Brooke White did with Love is a Battlefield. David and Brooke sang the same song the first week. David was way more fun to watch and listen to. I gave YouTube links to a friend who doesn't watch Idol. I told him that one of the two of each gender got eliminated. For the females, I showed him videos of Brooke White's and Joanne Borgella's first week performances. He said Joanne preformed better than Brooke. And then I showed him clips of Garrett Haley and Chikezie. He liked Garrett's performance more. I really thought Chikezie should have gone home the first week. How he began that song the first week is unforgivable. It was almost like he spoke the words. His voice was scratchy and it broke my concentration on my work, making me turn my head to the TV with a "what the--?" He should have gone the first week. Sure, his second week performance was better, but... yeah. Augh, if Brooke White and Chikezie left the first week, there would be room for better singers.
                And there's Amanda Overmyer... She has the "authenticity", but she doesn't have the voice... I like her, but I don't think she's qualified to be in the top twelve. She's fun to watch, but the voice almost begins to ruin it. Her first week was bad, her second week was okay, and her third week was good. Carly Smithson has that rocker feel, and she has a reeaally good voice. My favorite girl still in the competition. Alexandréa Lushington had the fun performance the first week, too. She has a good voice. Her first week performance was one of my favorite female performances that week alongside Kady. Alexandréa's voice isn't as good as some other girls, but she was a much better performer. It was sad seeing her go that week. I was really surprised when Alaina got cut over Kady. I've enjoyed all of Kady's performances (except for when she cut off the "try to understand" in Magic Man—but she sings the words brilliantly when she holds the notes), and I wanted her to stay, but I really thought she wouldn't... it was bittersweet. I was as shocked as Ramiele was. Kristy probably should have gone instead of either Alaina or Kady.
                Who haven't I mentioned yet... Oh! Yeah, Jason Castro and David Archuleta first. I've loved all of Jason's performances except for the end of "Hallelujah" when he ran out of breath. David's first preformance was probably his best. Not sure what else to say about him. Everyone loves David Archuleta. David Hernandez is a good singer, too. Probably my fourth favorite guy. Michael Johns isn't great, but he's better than the others. And I think Garrett sang well the first week. Better than Chikezie, at least. Either he or Jason Yeager should have been in the top twelve instead of Chikezie.


                ...

                Okay, I'm done now. I bet I missed a lot in my rant, but, yeah... yeah. ... Anyone else here watching this season...?

                P.S. I've never been good at telling if someone is off key, because, well, I'm always off key, haha... Or something, yeah...
                Last edited by Silvuh; 03-6-2008, 10:59 PM.

                Comment

                • smartdude1212
                  2 is poo
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 6687

                  #23
                  Re: American Idol -Season 7

                  David Archuleta looks scared and he also sucks, Kristy Lee should not be in the top 12 because Asia'h was way better, how the hell did Alexandréa get kicked out, Amanda is really interesting, Chikezie sucks, Brooke has that deer in headlights look, and Carly should win.

                  Comment

                  • sarahxjane
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 2109

                    #24
                    Re: American Idol -Season 7

                    To put my two cents in.

                    I really am rooting for David Archuleta.
                    I think he is the most talented male.
                    I actually haven't been following the show, and I have missed all of the female preformers.
                    I should really watch them.

                    Anyways.

                    David Cook and his cover of Hello was so spectacular!
                    Before then, I had not heard the song.
                    I really liked the rockish beat he did with it.

                    David Archuleta.
                    Wow.
                    His cover of Another Day In Paradise was so beautiful.
                    Last edited by sarahxjane; 03-6-2008, 11:14 PM.
                    Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                    whatever you do... don't **** a walros.
                    Originally posted by funmonkey54
                    *knock knock*
                    *opens door*
                    Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
                    Um, ok. May I help you?
                    Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

                    as of December 11th 2009.
                    Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos

                    Comment

                    • cC@Zz
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 1427

                      #25
                      Re: American Idol -Season 7

                      David Archuleta is my pick.
                      There is a 50% chance your pillow will eat you while you are sleeping.

                      Comment

                      • Silvuh
                        quit
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 938

                        #26
                        Re: American Idol -Season 7

                        So the top twelve just performed.

                        My favorite four this week were Carly Smithson, David Cook, Chikezie, and Jason Castro. My least favorite three were David Hernandez, Ramiele Malubay, and Kristy Lee Cook.

                        I'm not sure what all to say about the middle five... David Archuleta, Amanda Overmyer, Brooke White, Syesha Mercado, and Micheal Johns... David didn't do well this week. Amanda did better, but not great. Brooke White did well, but... for some reason, I can't seem to like her. Syesha did better this week than she has before... And I haven't liked Micheal Johns since his first performance.

                        My mother knew all the songs they were singing, because she grew up with the Beatles... I've only heard a few of the songs before... But, yeah. She said that Kristy Lee Cook butchered Eight Days a Week. She and her mother rate the contestants every week... Chikezie got a 0 the first week (he was great this week, surprisingly)... and Kristy got a -1 this week. If I had heard that song before, I probably would have hated her performance even more than I already do. Hahaha... I'd be surprised if she doesn't go home this week. I like Ramiele's voice, but she hasn't put it to good use for a while. David Hernandez did great one week, but he blew it this week.

                        So, yeah, my ranking of the top twelve, in groups of two, with the best first:
                        Carly Smithson, David Cook / Chikezie, Jason Castro / Brooke White, Syesha Mercado / David Archuleta, Amanda Overmyer / Micheal Johns, Ramiele Malubay / David Hernandez, Kristy Lee Cook.

                        I'm never as sure about the ratings in the middle. Carly and David C. are the definite top, and Kristy is the definite low.

                        Comment

                        • SammyWinchester
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2007
                          • 117

                          #27
                          Re: American Idol -Season 7

                          I'm rooting for David and Ramiele.

                          Comment

                          • Silvuh
                            quit
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 938

                            #28
                            Re: American Idol -Season 7

                            David Hernandez got voted off.

                            David.
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=lc-_SXg7QtY Great.
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=iLVgUndah60 Good.
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=u3xSGCszbXE Bad.
                            Kristy.
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=jCkRYK7MT7Y Okay. (and a little creepy...)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWtkvPvRg4M Okay.
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=sae87oJryi8 Worse than bad.

                            Compare.

                            Now we have to listen to Kristy for another week.

                            David had a really good performance, good performances, and a really bad performance. Kristy had okay performances and a deafeningly horrendous performance. I guess the voters just didn't want someone who was a stripper on the show (either that or they never heard David's "Papa was a Rolling Stone" performance...)

                            Comment

                            • MetallicBlood
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 5

                              #29
                              Re: American Idol -Season 7

                              I like David, Ramiele and Jason. I also liked Chekizie, or however his name was spelt, but he got voted off didn't he?

                              Comment

                              • blackjack2300
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 316

                                #30
                                Re: American Idol -Season 7

                                My pick for the males is Jason Castro, and for the females i pick Carly

                                Comment

                                Working...