best band LIVE

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • B0NK
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2005
    • 663

    #16
    Re: best band LIVE

    Reggie and The Full Effect, out-****ing-standing

    And I'd say if you haven't seen The Faint live, you're lame.

    Comment

    • Biff_tech
      so the 17 ate the 12 eh.
      • Oct 2004
      • 826

      #17
      Re: best band LIVE

      I saw Rob Zombie live and they completely kicked ass.
      CLICK \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

      Sig by Darkmonkey AKA Clowd

      Comment

      • bluguerrilla
        FFR Player
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Apr 2006
        • 3966

        #18
        Re: best band LIVE

        Joe Satriani was awesome. Stu Hamm played bass with him! So awesome...played for 4 hours....


        edit: but best ever I saw was Bela Fleck and the Flecktones...or no Brad Mehldau...I can't make up my mind...
        Last edited by bluguerrilla; 05-30-2007, 01:50 PM. Reason: oh wait no

        Comment

        • jchinzilla
          i like cheese
          • Dec 2005
          • 2106

          #19
          Re: best band LIVE

          CHROMER! you're going to see daft punk in nyc? i want to go so badly..

          anyways, one of the best concerts i have been to is a 2SkinneeJ's concert. it's just not because they sound good, it is because they have an amazing energy on stage. they have a pretty tight following, so when they play live, all the fans go nuts. both the J's and the fans have a great time.

          Comment

          • Tps222
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2004
            • 6169

            #20
            Re: best band LIVE

            Rush is amazing live. For a 3 man band, it's insane.

            Judas Priest, while I never have been, must be insane as well.

            I'll refrain from my opinion on music today, because if I've heard of the band, they are terrible in concert (looks like I didn't refrain...)

            Comment

            • mmeegghhaann
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2006
              • 239

              #21
              Re: best band LIVE

              Tool was great live even though I was in the back. The Faint was fun but I don't think they sounded better than on their album.
              P.S. I want to see daft punk
              A burrito is just a sleeping bag for ground beef.

              Comment

              • jchinzilla
                i like cheese
                • Dec 2005
                • 2106

                #22
                Re: best band LIVE

                it sounds like we need to make an FFR-Daft-Punk meetup



                edit: oh my god. http://orders.tickettriangle.com/Res...x?evtid=566256
                $152 for tickets >< i knew they would be expensive, but that is a lot of money.
                i like daft punk, and $152 might be worth it...but i just don't want to spend that on a concert. (although it should be a ****ing sweet one)
                Last edited by jchinzilla; 05-30-2007, 02:43 PM.

                Comment

                • FluorescentArmy
                  Forum User
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 1754

                  #23
                  Re: best band LIVE

                  Dream Theater sounded just like the CD did when I saw them. The quality was amazing for it being in such a small theatre.

                  Necrophagist was also extremely clear-sounding for being a death metal band. The technicality of the music is also an extreme appreciation factor for them. Take a listen and just imagine yourself playing perfectly in front of a crowd of 300 people while performing inward death grunts.

                  Comment

                  • jewpinthethird
                    (The Fat's Sabobah)
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Nov 2002
                    • 11711

                    #24
                    Re: best band LIVE

                    The only band that I've seen live that I've been impressed with is Upsilon Acrux. It's like...hardcore-jazz fusion....the most technical stuff I've ever heard...and seeing it live was insane.

                    http://www.myspace.com/upsilonacrux (their myspace is pretty tame compared to their other work).

                    Comment

                    Working...