Where can I watch anime?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NarutoFoxDemon
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2006
    • 1181

    #16
    Re: Where can I watch anime?

    Originally posted by SethSquall
    Any anime I can by in the UK I will. Here's a challenge for you. Work out how long it takes anime to cross over seas to the UK. People are still hyper over Ghost in the Shell like it came out yesterday over here. I'm not joking. The last Full Metal Alchemist and Samurai Champloo have basically just hit the shelves here.
    well, the last FMA came out in September so....

    Comment

    • Billydude
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2006
      • 880

      #17
      Re: Where can I watch anime?

      Originally posted by Kilgamayan
      Yes, let's all watch anime for free on the internet. This way we can cut off a large source of revenue to the industry and make anime production unprofitable, thereby reducing both quantity and quality!
      Anime/Manga companies make money in a lot of different ways than just the DVD's. First off they sell manga witch you really can't get for free. Theres also the cable networks that pay them to put on the shows. Plus there are novelty toys, anime conventions, and book signings. The small amount of money they may lose from the DVD's will not damage the quality or quantity of anime.
      Besides I have better stuff to spend my money on.
      Last edited by Billydude; 12-17-2006, 02:29 PM.

      Originally posted by Chrissi
      If you eat a pizza it does not give you the urge to fly a kite.
      Originally posted by beaner692
      What if Billy talked to her? hes irrisistable

      Comment

      • Kilgamayan
        Super Scooter Happy
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2003
        • 6583

        #18
        Re: Where can I watch anime?

        Ignoring the fact that manga sales and book signings (or lack thereof) would have a negligible influence on the anime industry, the popularity of figurines and other merchandise in America is not even close to their popularity in Japan. Large anime conventions aren't common enough to generate enough supporting revenue to uphold the industry on the whole - the VAs tend to be the biggest draws and you're not going to bank your profits on the hopes that you find the next Vic Mignogna or Crispin Freeman.

        DVD sales are far and away the leading revenue generator in America, and if they go down the shitter then we might as well kiss anime in America goodbye.
        I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

        Comment

        • Kevin_18
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2005
          • 680

          #19
          Re: Where can I watch anime?

          If you want free anime pm me or aim me and i'll give you my pw for anime-direct for tons of free anime shows.

          Comment

          • DarkbearX
            Shimose
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2006
            • 1995

            #20
            Re: Where can I watch anime?

            Like someone suggested already: The best way to get anime (also T.V. shows, movies, etc.) is DSFARGEG. Then, for anime, I suggest places like INTERNETLOL.com and DRUGS.net. ASDF.com is okay too, but they don't serve licensed (illegal) stuff. With that said, take note that most anime you come across 'is' licensed, therefore it 'is' illegal to download, but do what you want. It never stopped me.
            Last edited by Squeek; 12-17-2006, 05:36 PM.
            im gay
            SRL Page
            Castlevania IV, Super Metroid, and Cave Story speedruns
            D e e R F o r C e Leaderboards

            Comment

            • mead1
              Cerebellumberjack
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2003
              • 3960

              #21
              Re: Where can I watch anime?

              The Internet.

              Comment

              • Cj_leonine
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2005
                • 2070

                #22
                Re: Where can I watch anime?

                Seriously, I can understand if you're like 13 and don't get an allowance but if you have a job. . .
                Status: Innactive Onehander

                Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night

                Comment

                • Squeek
                  let it snow~
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 14444

                  #23
                  Re: Where can I watch anime?

                  READ THE RULES
                  Illegal Content. Illegal content will not be tolerated on FFR. This includes, but is not limited to, roms/warez/illegal Mp3s/illegal torrents, etc. Extreme actions will be taken on those who post illegal content, depending on its severity.
                  TORRENTS OF ANIME ARE ILLEGAL. I don't care if you use them or not, but don't carelessly mention them as if they're perfectly legal.

                  Pay for the DVDs.

                  Anyone who posted in this thread with a bolded meaningless expression in place of URLs and domains, please realize that your posts were against our rules and this is your warning never to do it again.
                  Last edited by Squeek; 12-17-2006, 05:39 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Kilgamayan
                    Super Scooter Happy
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 6583

                    #24
                    Re: Where can I watch anime?

                    in after lock
                    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                    Comment

                    Working...