For those about to rock......We salute you!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Animefreak999
    FFR Player
    • May 2006
    • 767

    #1

    For those about to rock......We salute you!

    anyone like AD/DC?anyone? c'mon i know some people do!well, anyway my friend thinks that AC/DC is retarded because its old. he says that it rules if your like in your 30's or 40's. i smacked him a few times and told him never to talk like that about AC/DC again when im around, so he stopped and then i went to his house and walk to his room and hes cleaning rocking out to AC/DC after he talked so badly about it. i think that is just plain stupid. does anyone agree with him when he said AC/DC is old and its awsome if your in your 30's or 40's? or do you think that AC/DC is rock out loud music and people should appreciate it more even though its old? tell me i want to know what you think
    19
    its too old
    0%
    2
    it rocks out loud!
    0%
    8
    its awsome if your in your 30's or 40's
    0%
    1
    whats AC/DC?
    0%
    0
    its alright
    0%
    7
    IT SUCKS BIG TIME!
    0%
    1

  • TheRapingDragon
    A car crash mind
    • Aug 2005
    • 9788

    #2
    Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

    Music should be appreciated for how it sounds, not for how old it is. Some of the best bands ever started in the 70's. It was seen as one of the best decades for music.

    I'm not fussed on AC/DC. I could listen to them and all but if I were to "rock out" I would listen to something different.

    Comment

    • Animefreak999
      FFR Player
      • May 2006
      • 767

      #3
      Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

      well i didnt mean rock out like that. i just mean that they have pretty rockin' music

      Comment

      • TheRapingDragon
        A car crash mind
        • Aug 2005
        • 9788

        #4
        Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

        What then is your definition of "rockin' music"?

        Comment

        • Necamus
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2005
          • 853

          #5
          Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

          Seventies kicked ass.

          I don't listen to today's new music much. I'm more into artists like Billy Joel, Don McLean, and David Bowie.

          Awesome songs:
          Piano Man - Billy Joel
          American Pie - Don McLean
          Sound of Silence - Paul Simon
          Cats in the Cradle - Harry Chapin
          www.freerice.com

          Comment

          • TheRapingDragon
            A car crash mind
            • Aug 2005
            • 9788

            #6
            Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

            Meh, I'm sure I have some "rockin' music" here: http://www.last.fm/user/TheRapingDragon/

            David Bowie is awesome. Don Mclean/Billy Joel I don't like at all. Never heard the other two.

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #7
              Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

              moved to media.
              RIP

              Comment

              • Animefreak999
                FFR Player
                • May 2006
                • 767

                #8
                Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

                more people need to post here i want the opinion of more people on AC/DC

                Comment

                • stretchypanda
                  shock me shock me
                  • Sep 2004
                  • 4123

                  #9
                  Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

                  AC/DC blows.

                  Comment

                  • TheRapingDragon
                    A car crash mind
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 9788

                    #10
                    Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

                    I feel lyrics should sum up people's feelings.

                    I don't know why you even bother to live, **** you. Everyone's so pathetic always talking all the time, what makes them think that I give half a **** what's on their minds.
                    EDIT: Panda with the steal.

                    Comment

                    • hotti1234
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 191

                      #11
                      Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

                      OMG! I love AC/DC! Especially their song Back in Black! I have the shirt! AC/DC stands for after christ devil comes in case you didn't know.
                      If you have an ass, I'll kick it!

                      Comment

                      • KidInDenile
                        FFR Player
                        • Jul 2006
                        • 59

                        #12
                        Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

                        I luv it when people make loud music. (listing to loud music rite now)

                        Comment

                        • BluE_MeaniE
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2003
                          • 796

                          #13
                          Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

                          Originally posted by hotti1234
                          OMG! I love AC/DC! Especially their song Back in Black! I have the shirt! AC/DC stands for after christ devil comes in case you didn't know.
                          Where'd you hear that? That's false.
                          Originally posted by Henri Poincaré
                          The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful.

                          Comment

                          • TheRapingDragon
                            A car crash mind
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 9788

                            #14
                            Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

                            Blue_meanie is right.

                            The official and correct reason of the name is that the Young brother's sister read the letters "AC/DC" from her mother's sewing machine. AC and DC are both electrical symbols meaning "Alternating Current" and "Direct Current". And sice the band was (and still is) a band that uses electric guitars and plays loud, volumous, rock'n'roll, those symbols fitted the band very well.

                            So when you say "really", I guess that you refer to the rumors that the letter's true meaning is "After Christ the Devil Comes", "Anti Christ / Devil's Children" etc etc etc.

                            But I am almost certain that this is not the band's intention. Because there are almost no references to the devil or god or any religious relation in the AC/DC lyrics. Besides the song "Highway to Hell", there are no symbols used on the band members. Angus Young usually wears two horns during that song. But if you listen to the song, you can hear that there are no sympathy for the devil or anything like that in that song. The song is about living on the road watching himself falling apart. Or something like that. The same with "Hell ain't a bad place to be". Theis is about living with a person/girl that use everything you have. But you can live eith that. Because it ain't so bad after all.

                            It is almost always religious groups that puts out those rumors, because then they have a reason to hate them. Especially in the 70's and 80's when that kind of music was considered "heavy", "noisy" and "unethical". The band has no Satanic worship, I doubt very strongly that they worship anything at all, except their fans and their musical professions.

                            I cannot see how people can accuse AC/DC of being satanic. They never wear satanic or religious symbols, they don't explicitly wear black clothes, they don't sing about the devil, they don't execute satanic rituals.
                            Feel free to read the song lyrics, and you will find that AC/DC sings about girls, alcolhol, rock'n'roll, love and adventures. No deeper than that.

                            AC/DC is a pure rock'n'roll band living and breathing for their music and fans. They are not satanic believers, and the name AC/DC does not mean anything satanic.

                            Sincerely...
                            - Mats Magnem

                            Comment

                            • Animefreak999
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2006
                              • 767

                              #15
                              Re: For those about to rock......We salute you!

                              right on reapingdragon

                              Comment

                              Working...