Manga vs. Anime

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Potchet
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2006
    • 8

    #16
    I do care. I just haven't been able to post for awhile. You're right though I posted too much about nothing. How do you delete threads? I plan to keep this one because it is one of the most visited.

    To get back on topic, I like manga better because of the art.
    Beware my steamy fillings for I am a Hot Pocket! (mmm.. hot content)

    Comment

    • MrGiggles
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2005
      • 2846

      #17
      PM a staff member.

      Comment

      • Mindfields
        Banned
        • Dec 2004
        • 1566

        #18
        Originally posted by Potchet
        To get back on topic, I like manga better because of the art.
        But it's almost the same art in anime, only moving, and without the Japanese letters signaling sound effects. Which I might add, are blown up by the artist to get in the way of the art.

        Comment

        • Squeek
          let it snow~
          • Jan 2004
          • 14444

          #19
          Don't worry about deleting your threads. If a thread has intelligent replies to it after its creation, then it is a worthwhile thread.

          I only had to lock one. We can't discuss Internet distribution of manga here because it's an illegal activity. Most Mangaka don't appreciate their works being distributed to audiences who don't intend to pay for it.

          ~Squeek

          Comment

          • lord_carbo
            FFR Player
            • Dec 2004
            • 6222

            #20
            Sorry, Potchet >_> Doh :P
            last.fm

            Comment

            • Potchet
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2006
              • 8

              #21
              no problem

              Do you guys think that some anime on television is overated?
              Beware my steamy fillings for I am a Hot Pocket! (mmm.. hot content)

              Comment

              • jamuko
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2004
                • 1083

                #22
                Yeah, I think a lot of anime shown on American TV got overrated... there wasn't very much anime easily available, so the few series that were on grew huge followings and people got obsessed over them (heh, don't kill me if I say Inuyasha is one of them...). Anime is now becoming more widely available in America, so people don't always focus as much on one particular series enough for it to get so wildly overrated. There will always be marketing that pushes a particular series, drawing masses to it and leading to it being overrated as well... but that's just the way the market works.

                As for manga vs. anime... I used to prefer manga, but recently I've been watching much more anime.

                Manga is good because you can go at your own pace and not have to make sure you have a solid 20 minutes to watch an episode. Also, there's something nice about having the original artist's work rather than the art pumped out by an animation studio. Of course the art in the anime is great too, but it's not quite the same as having the original art.

                Anime is good because you get voice acting and music, but it eats up time more inconveniently than manga does. It's also good for dynamic scenes where a lot of stuff is moving around, like battle scenes that are sometimes a little hard to follow in manga.

                ...So there's my ramble for tonight >_>
                ♪~
                Always Happy! Smile! Hello!
                I like delicious things
                I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
                So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
                There's lots of happiness in my pocket
                So let's play forever~

                Comment

                • Mindfields
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2004
                  • 1566

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Potchet
                  no problem

                  Do you guys think that some anime on television is overated?
                  Naruto, Inu Yasha, the American version of Initial D. And not to mention YuGiOh.

                  Comment

                  • Potchet
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 8

                    #24
                    Again I perfer manga, but anime is free.
                    But then again if you miss an episode, your lost.
                    Beware my steamy fillings for I am a Hot Pocket! (mmm.. hot content)

                    Comment

                    • SingingGundamGirl
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 15

                      #25
                      Re: Manga vs. Anime

                      I think both are ok. Just i have a super short attention span, so it's harder for me to sit in one place and watch anime unless i'm in a really lazy mood.
                      With manga, i can just pick up a book from my bookshelf, and take it to school to read or outside or read when i'm in bed, when i'm walking around, ect.
                      The anime's are nice because you can just listen to the voices if you've a) seen the episode before, which is fairly easy to happen b) read the manga of the episode or c) its you can see a reflection of the tv in a window or a picture. And the music is (almost) always great! ^o^

                      Comment

                      Working...