New Flick

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • -Skooter-
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2005
    • 316

    #1

    New Flick

    Alright, so there's this new movie coming out which I'm sure a majority of you guys have heard of already...but I'm going to share my opinions on it anyways.

    Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.


    Ok, There's a lot of controversy in my heart on whether or not I should see the remake. It's an old classic, as well as one of my favorites, and I find it a tad agitating that they've remade it in such a bad manner.

    A. I don't think that Johnny Depp was cut out for the part...he just doesn't feel right...(possibly because I'm not a big fan, unsure)

    B. Willie Wonka was a hard ass and he took no one's crap, which is what a majority of the people like myself, liked about him.

    C. I have yet to see one 'Oompa Loompa' in the preview or in anything about the movie...

    There is a part of me that wants to go and see it, it's a good look at how things have changed. Tim Burton is good on occasion, but I'm uncertain about this one.

    I also strictly believe that the kids will enjoy this one better than the old ones, while us, the older crowd, enjoy the old one better...I really feel like they're skinning the kids these days of their rights to all of the great stuff that we had.

    I guess I'll figure it out in July 2005 When the movie is supposed to hit theatres....what do you think??
    0
    Yes
    0%
    0
    No
    0%
    0
    Unsure
    0%
    0
    .so what. -Skooter- .drama makes life boring.
  • Tank101
    I V vi iii IV I IV V
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2004
    • 2082

    #2
    RE: New Flick

    OLD
    Plus this should be in Media.

    Plus I'm going to go see it.

    Comment

    • esupin
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2003
      • 1756

      #3
      Re: New Flick

      Originally posted by -Skooter-
      Tim Burton is good on occasion
      If you are referring to The Nightmare Before Christmas, Burton did not direct it; he came up with the idea.

      http://www.youtube.com/esupin

      Comment

      • Laharl
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2003
        • 1821

        #4
        RE: Re: New Flick

        Burton has a great sense of the fantastical (go see Big Fish), so I think this should be good. Johnny Depp is an awesome actor, I bet he pulls off the role well.
        SIG PICTURES:

        POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET

        Comment

        • -Skooter-
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2005
          • 316

          #5
          I know that he didn't direct it, the idea was still okay, I'll probably go see it, it just makes me sad that they're ruining all of the greatest stuff.

          Edit: Big Fish, was excellent.
          .so what. -Skooter- .drama makes life boring.

          Comment

          • suicidalmuskrat
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2003
            • 739

            #6
            See, I'd kind of expect this to be a bit moodier then the original...just the impression I got from the preview, meaning to me that it might appeal more to the older audience than the original did.
            I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for your crummy old danish.
            Done, and done.

            Comment

            • -Skooter-
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2005
              • 316

              #7
              Well, I'm a firm believer in the retro being the best...

              Hence the evolution of the Power Rangers...

              Well you get what I'm saying.
              .so what. -Skooter- .drama makes life boring.

              Comment

              • djdp
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 20

                #8
                I would say yes because Johnny Depp is in every movie that I watch and I think he is an extrely good actor.

                Comment

                • xiron
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 189

                  #9
                  Just clearing something up-
                  It's not a remake of the original movie. This is a movie version of the book. The original movie added a lot of stuff and changed a bunch of stuff around. This will, hopefully be closer to the book.
                  www.myspace.com/thehappyunicorns

                  Comment

                  • -Skooter-
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 316

                    #10
                    I would prefer the changes in the book hence the making of the old movie...that's just me though. Thanks for your responses though guys, I'll probably go see it.
                    .so what. -Skooter- .drama makes life boring.

                    Comment

                    Working...