First track uploaded - The Grind

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Coolboyrulez0
    VICES
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Aug 2006
    • 10042

    #16
    Re: First track uploaded - The Grind

    Originally posted by behanjc
    Thanks for the comments guys. I really hardly know anything about music production (like no idea what sidechaining is lol), but I'll look up some of the tips and try to improve either this or in my next song for sure.
    Also, let me apologize to you that my comment (or shall I say comments regarding my comment) clogged up your thread which was not my intention at all.
    Can't wait what you have next in store for us.

    And maybe... just maybe we might collaborate in the future.
    https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
    https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

    Comment

    • AsphyxZero
      Banned
      • Oct 2010
      • 1823

      #17
      Re: First track uploaded - The Grind

      FL Presetz. Get some better samples and this will be hot as ****.

      Comment

      • behanjc
        stargroup & me are <3'ers
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jun 2006
        • 1546

        #18
        Re: First track uploaded - The Grind

        I tried to improve the song based on some comments. I've never used any EQ or compressor or anything before, so hopefully I made it sound better, please tell me what you think because I'm obviously still learning. I tried to make it sound less "muddy" but might have made it worse overall.

        NEW:
        Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

        http://www.facebook.com/BehanOfficial
        https://soundcloud.com/behanmusic/powerhouse-ep-preview-out-now

        Comment

        • Coolboyrulez0
          VICES
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Aug 2006
          • 10042

          #19
          Re: First track uploaded - The Grind

          Originally posted by behanjc
          I tried to improve the song based on some comments. I've never used any EQ or compressor or anything before, so hopefully I made it sound better, please tell me what you think because I'm obviously still learning. I tried to make it sound less "muddy" but might have made it worse overall.

          NEW:
          http://soundcloud.com/behanjc/the-grind-1
          Wow, sounds loads better, you sure this is your first track, mate ?
          I do enjoy the kick much more now, sounds right in the mix and the synth is pretty exciting too, well done.
          https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
          https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

          Comment

          • behanjc
            stargroup & me are <3'ers
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2006
            • 1546

            #20
            Re: First track uploaded - The Grind

            First time ever messing with the default settings lol. I've made other tracks but they haven't been this good. Glad you think it sounds better though, thanks.

            http://www.facebook.com/BehanOfficial
            https://soundcloud.com/behanmusic/powerhouse-ep-preview-out-now

            Comment

            • danny53x
              AKA Yotipo
              • Jan 2007
              • 1008

              #21
              Re: First track uploaded - The Grind

              Good structure, especially for a newly released track. Dbx and anwar covered pretty much all I thought up. Maybe change up the hihat velocities-- perhaps use an alternate timbre hat like an openhat/ride since you had pretty much 16ths all the way from :40ish to 1:40. 2:00 to 3:00 sounds sorta flat, needs something to get it moving, it could use some building or adding of layers. Try automating cutoff filters; you pretty much hear it in all music of this kind.

              Good solid melodies like every nice trance song. Pop in some reverb/delay on a send track, and sidechain/EQ that kick and wala you're a pro.

              Comment

              Working...