[UK Hardcore] Is It Really You?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Starshot
    /DJS\
    FFR Music Producer
    • Dec 2004
    • 1794

    #16
    Re: [UK Hardcore] Is It Really You?

    Originally posted by megamon88
    About the bassline being too "stereo", what exactly do you mean?
    It has to do with where the sound is in relevance to others on the speakers. Ideally, most UK Hardcore basslines should sound like they're playing right in the center of your head (If you wear headphones).

    Merge the bassline in the mixer. You'll be happy with the results. It sounds bigger and it takes up less wave space.

    Comment

    • megamon88
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2006
      • 2567

      #17
      Re: [UK Hardcore] Is It Really You?

      Originally posted by Starshot
      It has to do with where the sound is in relevance to others on the speakers. Ideally, most UK Hardcore basslines should sound like they're playing right in the center of your head (If you wear headphones).

      Merge the bassline in the mixer. You'll be happy with the results. It sounds bigger and it takes up less wave space.
      Sorry for asking, but how would one go about that? I'm using FL studio if that helps. I feel like such a noob right now. :P

      Comment

      • Starshot
        /DJS\
        FFR Music Producer
        • Dec 2004
        • 1794

        #18
        Re: [UK Hardcore] Is It Really You?



        Right there. That's actually a channel for a bassline I'm using for an UK Hardcore tune.

        Comment

        • megamon88
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2006
          • 2567

          #19
          Re: [UK Hardcore] Is It Really You?

          Huh, I've never used/noticed that. Thanks for the help :P

          Oh, and I'm assuming this is what you meant by "inside" and "outside", am I correct?

          Comment

          • Starshot
            /DJS\
            FFR Music Producer
            • Dec 2004
            • 1794

            #20
            Re: [UK Hardcore] Is It Really You?

            Yes indeed.

            Comment

            • megamon88
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2006
              • 2567

              #21
              Re: [UK Hardcore] Is It Really You?

              Ok, updated song with my new one. NG takes a while to process edits though, so you might not be able to hear the newer one for a while. You'll know it's the new one if there are 16th piano streams and not just three-note sequences. :P

              EDIT: Ok, I think you should be able to listen to it now. :P
              Last edited by megamon88; 11-26-2010, 10:22 PM.

              Comment

              Working...