Kommisar - 8 Bit Chef Album released

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kommisar
    Dark Chancellor
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Jun 2005
    • 7328

    #16
    Re: Kommisar - 8 Bit Chef Album released

    Originally posted by brothaice
    You clearly know anything. There's no such thing as bad music.


    And I liked Azure Reef. How many of these are covers? Im not to familiar with the genre actually, I just like the cool oldschool video game sound ha.

    Nice work though.
    yea don't worry he's joking. either way i wouldn't care cuz i can take criticism



    the only song that's a cover is chrome gadget. everything else i composed myself and two are collaborations (one with kgz the other with sp1nzok)

    Comment

    • moches
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2005
      • 3996

      #17
      Re: Kommisar - 8 Bit Chef Album released

      so far so good. review to come soon.

      Comment

      • Corbinek
        Banned
        • Jan 2008
        • 24

        #18
        Re: Kommisar - 8 Bit Chef Album released

        sucks gigantic cock


        u can do better

        Comment

        • -Fallen-
          xqsite OG
          • May 2005
          • 2836

          #19
          Re: Kommisar - 8 Bit Chef Album released

          Great album! Fundy and Plage were my favorites.
          One of the original members of the xqsite + FFR community.
          BlankZero - 15 year vet + RobbyZero - 15 year vet

          Comment

          • moches
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2005
            • 3996

            #20
            Re: Kommisar - 8 Bit Chef Album released

            in lieu of a review I'm providing a few notes I took in preparation to do a review

            -Album seems to lack a central theme; it seems like just a collection of Kommisar's best songs. There isn't much cohesive flow. Maybe having put on more unreleased songs would have helped?
            -Music has a very simple and straightforward style that focuses on slow buildups with more instruments coming in ala 8-bit U2. This style works on some songs (plage aux agrumes) but seems a bit boring on others (Lapis Blue, Fundy Bay*.) The longer songs could especially use a bit of variation.
            -The mood overall was quite nice, especially on Plage aux agrumes, Bitstorm, 8 Bit Dreamscape, and Chrome Gadget Zone. However, Kommisar seemed to sputter on some of his faster tracks, such as Deathax Murder yada yada yada, which meanders for three minutes without going anywhere much worth going. But then, you have stuff like Ballad of DGK to make up for it.
            -I also noticed that in some parts the drumbeats were a little generic, maybe even to the point of being a little annoying. The entrance of the bass drum in Torrent's OP in particular had this trait. Sharpnel-esque.
            -Overall, a definite improvement over Rainbow Hyperspace. The album isn't perfect, but it succeeds where its predecessor didn't: creating a mood, sustaining it, and being replayable enough to keep on my iPod. (It's only 4G, so I need to be selective about what goes and what doesn't.)
            *sorry, KgZ.

            rating: I dunno. I'll figure this out once I write the entire review. Seems like a 6.5/7 range album to me though. Out of 10, of course.
            Last edited by moches; 12-6-2009, 11:43 PM.

            Comment

            • Wyde
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2007
              • 332

              #21
              Re: Kommisar - 8 Bit Chef Album released

              So yeah I gave these a listen a while (still do btw) and ended up making a pad file for Mecha-Tribe Assualt.

              Yeah.

              Comment

              • Djr Rap dancer
                FFR Veteran
                • May 2008
                • 409

                #22
                Re: Kommisar - 8 Bit Chef Album released

                ''Ballad of dgk'' is my favorite <3

                Cheaptune rulz!


                "Don't do this..."
                "Don't do what?"

                Comment

                Working...