Logical Defiance - Contaminate (Jumpstyle)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LogicalDefiance
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2009
    • 49

    #16
    Re: Logical Defiance - Contaminate (Jumpstyle)

    Originally posted by PhaeL v2
    1 - Seriously, Hardcore and Jumpstyle are not similar to Trance, they are different things, have different origins...
    I see very close relations in percussion styles. Its a bit of a unifying theme in edm I think.

    CUSTOM MUSIC COMPOSITION & SOUND DESIGN

    Comment

    • PhaeL v2
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2009
      • 942

      #17
      Re: Logical Defiance - Contaminate (Jumpstyle)

      Originally posted by LogicalDefiance
      I see very close relations in percussion styles. Its a bit of a unifying theme in edm I think.
      But the possible similarities are only in the drums. And I still think Jumpstyle's percussion is heavier than Trance's. Just listen Paul Van Dykor even Tiësto, then DJ Duro or any Jumpstyle producer, the differences are quite clear.
      Originally posted by Emo_Saur_
      Rapha, you're a cry baby!

      Comment

      • Pyroshock
        ε=-dΦ/dt
        FFR Music Producer
        • Jul 2006
        • 1170

        #18
        Re: Logical Defiance - Contaminate (Jumpstyle)

        Originally posted by PhaeL v2
        Imagine yourself jumping like crazy to Breakcore, classical music compositors or even any Death Metal. Yeah, I know it's a weird comparation, but I think you'll understand.
        I'm sure I could have fun jumping to death metal. I could also probably jump to baroque, which has a strong pulse, but definitely not romantic with a lot of rubato and the like.


        but I don't think Jumpstyle is a imitation of something, it's just a modification, a variation of another genre (Hardocre Techno, in case). Variation =/= Imitation, imho.
        In this case he didn't mean Jumpstyle is an imitation of other genres, but that the many songs within the genre (this applies to trance and everything else too) are very similarly structured, and the 4/4 kick only helps to make this more true.

        Comment

        Working...