If you know FL Studio, HELP!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fido123
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2005
    • 4245

    #16
    Re: If you know FL Studio, HELP!!!

    I had this problem and it was because of lack of RAM. The kind of lag you would get due to your processor would be different I would assume. All I remember is I turned down some cache or something and it fixed it perfectly, however I'm running 2GB of RAM.

    Comment

    • winwizard3k
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2006
      • 2

      #17
      Re: If you know FL Studio, HELP!!!

      hey man -- you just need a better, or faster computer. or decrease some shared ram with video mem into sound driver space. really, the limitation here is your computer, not FL.

      Comment

      • p5audio
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2009
        • 2

        #18
        Re: If you know FL Studio, HELP!!!

        I have had that problem with a lot of softwares. I had to update my hard drive to a faster one, and get more RAM. Then I also played with the buffer. I agree with alot of what everyone has posted. Especially checking the settings of your sound card. if you have a stock sound card you might want to upgrade to a better one. M-Audio/Digidesign has the Delta Series for pretty cheap. One thing that has been true for me is that the more complicated my music, the more complicated computer I have had to run to make it work.
        Check out some FL tutorials online for free. I also know this guy at www.beatclass.com who makes really good tutorials and knows alot about FL Studio. He might have really good info.
        Here is a tutorial that we did, it doesn't really address your problem, but I am posting the link anyway because it is one of our producers making a beat in FL Studio 9.
        Good Luck

        Comment

        • goffballz
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2009
          • 125

          #19
          Re: If you know FL Studio, HELP!!!

          Nice bump.

          Comment

          • Erothyme
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2008
            • 2033

            #20
            Re: If you know FL Studio, HELP!!!

            Hahaha, my laptop has 6gb RAM and I still run it practically to the ground with some of my processing. 8)


            - - - - - -

            Comment

            • Pyroshock
              ε=-dΦ/dt
              FFR Music Producer
              • Jul 2006
              • 1170

              #21
              Re: If you know FL Studio, HELP!!!

              RAM isn't really a big deal with FL, unless you're loading loads and loads of 32-bit FP 96 kHz audio clips or something silly. It's only 32-bit program, so it can't address more than 3 or so gigs of RAM anyway.

              Processor speed and soundcard are the main bottlenecks when it comes to having a lot of generators and effects, particularly if you're running at a higher sample rate or you're oversampling in anything.

              Comment

              Working...