Professional mastering services?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Erothyme
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2008
    • 2033

    #16
    Re: Professional mastering services?

    Do what you like.

    Good luck getting credibility as an electronic musician without mastering your own tracks.


    - - - - - -

    Comment

    • Erothyme
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2008
      • 2033

      #17
      Re: Professional mastering services?

      Originally posted by Cyanite
      If nothing else the track I get professionally mastered can be used as something of a guideline as far as the quality I should be going for when I do my own mastering.
      Why doesn't the vast amount of existing professional music qualify for this role?


      - - - - - -

      Comment

      • Cyanite
        SIT THE **** DOWN.
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2007
        • 1174

        #18
        Re: Professional mastering services?

        Originally posted by Erothyme
        Do what you like.

        Good luck getting credibility as an electronic musician without mastering your own tracks.
        For the last time, I master my own tracks. I don't just throw **** together and hope for the best, and I'm not looking towards a professional service so I can do that in place of working on it myself.



        I think for a final version, the mastering on my tracks is usually somewhat decent. I put a lot of time into it, and I understand that's part of the music-writing process with this kind of music. All I'm saying is, without a doubt, it could be better. And until I have the capability to master my tracks to a professional standard, which is something I'm still working towards, it might not hurt to try and find someone who'd be able to do so.

        And saying I lose credibility by doing this is complete and utter bull****. Tiesto's Parade of the Athletes was mastered by someone else, and that was the soundtrack played during the 2004 summer olympic games. You don't get much more credible than that, and yet he still relies on other people to master his work. And just by browsing the production personnel involved with commercially-released albums, that seems to be the case for most of them.
        Last edited by Cyanite; 05-7-2009, 02:47 PM.


        Originally posted by KgZ
        oh yeah girls love it when I stick my massive arm in their mouth

        Comment

        • zajac
          aka uAnimals
          FFR Music Producer
          • Aug 2003
          • 4050

          #19
          Re: Professional mastering services?

          I'm not going to bother reading all the previous posts since there are a lot and I'm writing back a little late, BUT

          A friend and I have begun the process of starting and running our own label (Primarily focused on digital releases for now) and we already have the paperwork required turned in to Beatport for registration blah blah blah, but for our mastering, I do my own, but for other people we have recently signed onto the label, my friend has a friend out of Chicago that does his mastering and others' signed onto the label (For FREE) and he uses Logic HD to do it etc, so if you want me to check with my buddy, I'll see what he can do.

          That and let me know if you're interested in possibly joining. A lot of your stuff already sounds industry standard with your own mastering being done.

          But yeah. Best of luck.

          P.S. After reading the previous posts, WTF Erothyme? Don't be so delusional thinking you aren't credible if you have another team master your tracks. I will guarantee most EDM artists out there, get their tracks mixed and mastered by other professionals, and as Cyanite stated, even Tiesto, #1 (acclaimed) producer and #1 DJ according to the official DJ List, gets most of his tracks mixed and mastered by others. How about this for a stab since you dished one out to Syanite, good luck getting any credibility as an IDM/EXPERIMENTAL PRODUCER (of all genres) who thinks he's too good to have a hand lent to him by a professional to help mix and master your tracks for you... Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, Mozart, they all wrote amazing, world-renowned compositions, but they weren't the conductor's of their works, were they? You seriously think a label or a listener wouldn't give him a chance if they knew he didn't master his own track(s)!? C'mon. Be real.

          2nd Edit: And two hours later, I'm still frustrated by your comment about credibility... I'm saying one last thing, and then I'm done ranting, but your comment on credibility is like saying, Oh, you want vocals in your track? Yeah. If you have anybody else sing it for you, you lose your credibility. CMON. I'm still unsure as to who you are referring to as to who he will lose his credibility to? You? Cuz it definitely won't be me when Cyanite is signed by multiple labels someday. Now I'm content. Thank you for your time.
          Last edited by zajac; 05-18-2009, 12:43 AM.
          Originally posted by Spec & Aperson
          We Rate You: Cool Motherfucer. 9/10

          Comment

          Working...