Another D'nB Mix: Windows Down 002

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • zajac
    aka uAnimals
    FFR Music Producer
    • Aug 2003
    • 4050

    #16
    Re: Another D'nB Mix: Windows Down 002

    A) The seller spelled "Abelton" wrong...

    B) It's a book about dance music. The book I'm recommending is as unbiased to software and genres as possible. 'My book' covers sound in general.

    C) Your Dad's music is amazing! Not my type of music I would listen to on a daily basis, or even spin live for that matter, but all of his tracks are top notch and, don't know if he does it himself, but his tracks are mastered PERFECTLY. Industry Standard! Tell him I give big up props!

    D) Get both books anyways. There's nothing wrong with learning more and more. I can safely say I know how to DJ like the back of my hand, and when it comes to techniques, I know 'em all, BUT I STILL talk myself into getting a book if I haven't read it yet, because it's kind of cool when I read a 250 page book, and know everything and roll my eyes the whole time and just reafirm my knowledge, but sometimes, at least once or twice every book, I'll learn something I never thought of. So I recommend getting your hands on whatever you can if you have the passion!

    and @ Erothyme - I know. I don't normally like to drop more than two tracks per artist (Spor being the exception... And Unknown Error and Apex don't count, since Apex is ONE of the guys of Unknown Error after they split up hahaha) But I wasn't too happy with Era of Diversion, Dead on Arrival was put in more as a 'Here you go' for my friends in town that are obsessed with Evol Intent. Maybe for WD003 I'll throw in another track from EoD for you :P
    Last edited by zajac; 06-2-2009, 12:26 AM.
    Originally posted by Spec & Aperson
    We Rate You: Cool Motherfucer. 9/10

    Comment

    • Erothyme
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2008
      • 2033

      #17
      Re: Another D'nB Mix: Windows Down 002

      I meant the track itself, actually, hahaha.

      Middle of the Night and South London are good ones, too. 8D


      - - - - - -

      Comment

      • zajac
        aka uAnimals
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2003
        • 4050

        #18
        Re: Another D'nB Mix: Windows Down 002

        Middle of the Night is MY FAVORITE!!!

        (And you took the words out of my mouth just now name-dropping that track when I said I will put a track in WD003 from Era of Diversion... Shhhh... It's a secret haha)
        Originally posted by Spec & Aperson
        We Rate You: Cool Motherfucer. 9/10

        Comment

        • RaptorHaysewus
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2008
          • 250

          #19
          Re: Another D'nB Mix: Windows Down 002

          Thanks for all the support zajac, without support, an artist is nothing.

          Thanks for the kind words about his music, he's been making music for YEARS. He started '89, now he has a Virus TI-Polar Synth which cost him £1500, he uses that with cubase.

          I forwarded your message to him anyway :P.
          Congadulation

          Comment

          • zajac
            aka uAnimals
            FFR Music Producer
            • Aug 2003
            • 4050

            #20
            Re: Another D'nB Mix: Windows Down 002

            Yeah no problem...

            But by the way... Not sure on the situation with your father and if you live with him or whathaveyou, but myself living in Boise, there are really no other producers around me. A few that I've met, but the older ones doing it for a while SUCK and really don't know what they're doing, and the rest I met when I was 18, and we've been producing (the three of us) since then...

            What I'm getting at is, I never had an amazing opportunity, such as yourself, to be able to learn a lot from someone in person... Hands on training is a lot better than reading straight from text or trying to recreate what you are trying to learn in a video.

            Definitely take advantage of your father knowing what he's doing and learn from him.

            P.S. Daniel Faraday will be back in Season 6 I'm sure! No worries, bruv! :P
            Last edited by zajac; 06-2-2009, 06:37 AM.
            Originally posted by Spec & Aperson
            We Rate You: Cool Motherfucer. 9/10

            Comment

            • RaptorHaysewus
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2008
              • 250

              #21
              Re: Another D'nB Mix: Windows Down 002

              Originally posted by zajac
              Yeah no problem...

              But by the way... Not sure on the situation with your father and if you live with him or whathaveyou, but myself living in Boise, there are really no other producers around me. A few that I've met, but the older ones doing it for a while SUCK and really don't know what they're doing, and the rest I met when I was 18, and we've been producing (the three of us) since then...

              What I'm getting at is, I never had an amazing opportunity, such as yourself, to be able to learn a lot from someone in person... Hands on training is a lot better than reading straight from text or trying to recreate what you are trying to learn in a video.

              Definitely take advantage of your father knowing what he's doing and learn from him.

              P.S. Daniel Faraday will be back in Season 6 I'm sure! No worries, bruv! :P
              Naw, I live with my mum in London, he only lives about 20 minutes away from me though. I see him now and then, the other day he said if I wanted to know anything he'd teach me some things. So I guess I'll have to stay at his for like a week and learn quite a bit .

              But I've never really shown that much interest in music with him, he'd always play part of a song he's making and be like "how do you think this sounds" and I'd just be like "yeah it's okay."

              P.S. Of course he will, he [spoiler]IS the universe.

              edit -

              from my dad.

              wow...cooool, thnx Sam, yes they r home produced with only synth and pc all by me, and years of experience and determination and because most musicians/producers dont rely on record companies much anymore and have their independance on the internet, we need to be as good as we can.
              Last edited by RaptorHaysewus; 06-2-2009, 09:31 AM.
              Congadulation

              Comment

              Working...