Real life band!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tofurox
    Them arrows.
    • May 2006
    • 2263

    #1

    Real life band!

    My friends and I want to start a band....

    Brandon (me) = Pianist I have played for several years (I took lessons) - I could also be a Percussionist since I do have a sweet electronic drum set, but I have not learned very much, I was thinking of using synth drums like from FL Studio or somthing.
    Jimmy = Bassist - He has played bass for barely 1 month (no lessons)
    Ommied (fat guy on my profile) = Guitarist for only a couple years (no lessons)

    Well to give you all some more information here....
    I am the one who will be writing most of the songs and things for now because I am the best. The thing is I do not play bass and I barely know anything on guitar (even if I have one, it just collects dust). I need help finding a way to incorporate all 3 of our instruments into music. Even if it's the piano, I still want some of the melody. I know the bassist plays like the same note for a long time, and has some changes between sections.... But I need help finding how to make all 3 of us together work. The drums I will worry about later. Maybe some of yall (I live in Texas so deal with it) can help me figure out who should get what part. Melody/Harmony/Base etc, how to make it all work out nicely. Oh and also, we are looking to be a Rock/Metal band. Not to heavy, but not too light. I guess you could say we want to be another "generic rock band". We are hoping to create somthing radically new and amazing but, we are not that great so we will see....

    And also vote which name you like the best, or if you got others post them please!
    12
    Blind Marksman
    0%
    0
    Elementality
    0%
    2
    Dreams of Darkness
    0%
    1
    Blades of Youth
    0%
    0
    Abomination Station
    0%
    0
    Death Cake Heroes
    0%
    3
    Shadowstrings
    0%
    1
    Keys of Destiny
    0%
    0
    Dreamless Destiny
    0%
    0
    Got another idea? POST IT!
    0%
    5

    This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.
  • ShAiOnEi
    FFR Player
    • May 2007
    • 1110

    #2
    Re: Real life band!

    name the band ShAiOnEi also I play the drums myself.
    I love my son Auron

    Epic thread killer

    Comment

    • tofurox
      Them arrows.
      • May 2006
      • 2263

      #3
      Re: Real life band!

      Originally posted by KgZ
      as opposed to a fake band?
      Yes sir as opposed to a fake band! I mean we are not going to be your average "Rock Band". We are TRYING to become a REAL band.

      Originally posted by ShAiOnEi
      name the band ShAiOnEi
      Where did you come up with that.... Seems too... wierd... no offence.... Even if it is your name. Still sounds kinda cheesy. Maybe a song name, or album name....
      Last edited by tofurox; 12-19-2008, 11:46 PM.

      This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.

      Comment

      • L0NEvvolf
        FFR Veteran
        • Nov 2006
        • 2068

        #4
        Re: Real life band!

        CAKE!

        Comment

        • rzr
          TWG Veteran
          • Oct 2007
          • 7608

          #5
          Re: Real life band!

          All these ideas suck and sound like a wannabe-emo-but-only-got-metal band.

          Do something meaningful, not something that sounds cool. Put some heart into it. Something that means a lot to you and the others, not something we could invent.

          Originally posted by darkshark
          Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
          Originally posted by aperson
          i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

          Originally posted by Sprite-
          More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
          yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

          i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

          Comment

          • robertsona
            missa in h-moll
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2006
            • 4000

            #6
            Re: Real life band!

            name the band dicks

            Comment

            • Quigly
              nah
              • Jan 2008
              • 3506

              #7
              Re: Real life band!

              All of them sound like songs from a Dragonforce album.
              nah

              Comment

              • ShAiOnEi
                FFR Player
                • May 2007
                • 1110

                #8
                Re: Real life band!

                Where did you come up with that.... Seems too... wierd... no offence.... Even if it is your name. Still sounds kinda cheesy. Maybe a song name, or album name....
                Ok then how about "**** her head off"?
                I love my son Auron

                Epic thread killer

                Comment

                • tupacodaman
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 635

                  #9
                  Re: Real life band!

                  how bout "slay the dragon"?

                  you should just find someone who can drum on an acoustic drum set or on your electric/ his/her own electric set. Though I guess if you get a mac with fruity loops and get a drum track going on that that would work for now.

                  unless you're reallllly good at coming up with your own stuff (which no offense but it sounds like you're pretty unexperienced ) you should try to come up with ideas for a song and then bring it to the group and have everyone come up with their own parts. also, sounds like you have the most skillz so you should be shreddin on the keys and have the guitarist play rhythm. as he gets better you guys can swap. also you should get someone good at singing...

                  Comment

                  • ~kitty~
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 988

                    #10
                    Re: Real life band!

                    How about The Noob Crew?

                    Comment

                    • TheMagicalLeprechaun
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 19

                      #11
                      Re: Real life band!

                      Death Cake just sounds so awesome, I my eyes locked on that and refuse to believe anything else exists.

                      Comment

                      • StormKlowd61
                        Is Cold Kitten? T-Force?
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 489

                        #12
                        Re: Real life band!

                        My friend was going to use this for a band name on Guitar Hero: Roflcopter Down.
                        I am either Cold Kitten or T-Force.
                        You will never be able to tell which being I am.
                        In fact, which one am I now?

                        Comment

                        • tofurox
                          Them arrows.
                          • May 2006
                          • 2263

                          #13
                          Re: Real life band!

                          That's WHOlarious!

                          This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.

                          Comment

                          • rzr
                            TWG Veteran
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 7608

                            #14
                            Re: Real life band!

                            What inspired your FFR name? Make it that.

                            Originally posted by darkshark
                            Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                            Originally posted by aperson
                            i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                            Originally posted by Sprite-
                            More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                            i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                            Comment

                            • -Fallen-
                              xqsite OG
                              • May 2005
                              • 2836

                              #15
                              Re: Real life band!

                              Maybe you guys should worry about your chemistry and actually playing stuff and start some minor recordings before you actually call yourselves a band and copyright a name.
                              One of the original members of the xqsite + FFR community.
                              BlankZero - 15 year vet + RobbyZero - 15 year vet

                              Comment

                              Working...