Luigi's Ragtime

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DJSBX
    FFR Music Producers
    FFR Music Producer
    • Oct 2003
    • 514

    #16
    Re: Luigi's Ragtime

    Maybe, but how would you know?, your not on that end :S

    Anyways point being, if people want to review peoples music, they should give everybody a chance (i.e. Let them know what they think of their song, whether good or bad), even bad reviews give people something to think about. IT helps them figure out what they are doing wrong and fix it.

    See, when I have the time to review some stuff, I pick 5 or 6 of the currently posted songs and give them a review, I dont pick just from one person whose music I know I like and leave the rest.

    again, point being, people need to review other peoples music. (Especially artists that they might not be too familiar with, maybe that artist makes stuff they would really like, but they arent giving them the time of day)
    Last edited by DJSBX; 12-18-2008, 08:01 PM.


    Check Out My website!
    http://www.djsbx.com

    Comment

    • makdaddy
      FFR Veteran
      • Mar 2003
      • 1688

      #17
      Re: Luigi's Ragtime

      I agree with whoever,

      Not jazzy enough, but I like it

      needs more less repetitive luigi music

      the beginning is great, like you could use that somewhere else in the song, but the melody at :30 is used too much
      Last edited by makdaddy; 12-18-2008, 08:08 PM.

      Comment

      • lord_carbo
        FFR Player
        • Dec 2004
        • 6222

        #18
        Re: Luigi's Ragtime

        Originally posted by DJSBX
        Maybe, but how would you know?, your not on that end :S
        He may be on the criticizing end, so he's speaking from his personal views as a person who goes around reading threads. In fact those are the only people who actually do know, the people who make those posts themselves, and he's totally right by the way.
        last.fm

        Comment

        • DJSBX
          FFR Music Producers
          FFR Music Producer
          • Oct 2003
          • 514

          #19
          Re: Luigi's Ragtime

          Thats not the end I was talking about.


          Check Out My website!
          http://www.djsbx.com

          Comment

          • lord_carbo
            FFR Player
            • Dec 2004
            • 6222

            #20
            Re: Luigi's Ragtime

            Originally posted by DJSBX
            Thats not the end I was talking about.
            Which was exactly my point. Really just because nobody comes to your threads, you think you know more about why people don't come to your threads than someone who gets a lot of people? That's just silly.
            last.fm

            Comment

            • hi19hi19
              lol happy
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Oct 2005
              • 12194

              #21
              Re: Luigi's Ragtime

              This has so much potential, please rework it. I've been reading through and agree with all the suggestions made so far. Needs more variation... not jazzy enough, it has too much of an elecronic music structure. Same with the drums- listen to a real jazz drummer, their fills will be funky and frequent, and they vary up their patterns all the time.

              Solos are sex though. Nice stuff.


              Comment

              • hi19hi19
                lol happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Oct 2005
                • 12194

                #22
                Re: Luigi's Ragtime

                Also this is definitely not ragtime rofl


                Comment

                • DJSBX
                  FFR Music Producers
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 514

                  #23
                  Re: Luigi's Ragtime

                  Originally posted by lord_carbo
                  Which was exactly my point. Really just because nobody comes to your threads, you think you know more about why people don't come to your threads than someone who gets a lot of people? That's just silly.
                  Ive been here for what.. 5 years maybe now. Ive been on both ends, and Ive been on the reviewers end. The main point I made at the beginning was that there are far too many times where people choose favorites and dont give anybody else the time of day, and it happens on many forums. around 6 months ago or so (maybe more like a year), I used to get alot of posts in my threads, but its been dying down quite a bit because the majority of people are just replying to 1 or 2 peoples threads, and its getting frustraiting. People post here, so other people can give them adivice, let them know if they like or dislike a song, etc. I was just voicing my opinion on the state of music review forums these days.


                  Check Out My website!
                  http://www.djsbx.com

                  Comment

                  • DJSBX
                    FFR Music Producers
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 514

                    #24
                    Re: Luigi's Ragtime

                    yeah I know, im just saying the problem is, how do you not become "the new person" if nobody gives people a chance? Im not necessarily complaining about it, or am upset that I dont get many reviews (though it is somewhat frustraiting), I was just making a statement of what I was seeing these days.

                    I will agree on the points youve made, It just sucks when people try to show other people their stuff and nobody wants to hear it. (Making that statement from a general point of view)


                    Check Out My website!
                    http://www.djsbx.com

                    Comment

                    • MooMoo_Cowfreak
                      Abraxas Hydroplane
                      • May 2006
                      • 1746

                      #25
                      Re: Luigi's Ragtime

                      All I want are some horns. Maybe making the drums better, but yea, I could go for some trumpet doin the Athletic BGM theme and then like your low brass doin the luigi's mansion theme.
                      Originally posted by hi19hi19
                      dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

                      post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

                      Comment

                      • CosmicRain
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 127

                        #26
                        Re: Luigi's Ragtime

                        I myself like jazz, which is why I like to play songs like Blue Rose on FFR, and I have always liked game remixes. Luigi's Ragtime, I find, to be a very upbeat jazz song, and my comment on this: one of your best songs! I'm saying this because I mean it, it is truly an excellent song! Also, I can't really criticize much, since I myself do not make music, and I probably can't do any better. I really don't see any need for change, but if you say you can do it, go for it. I will be waiting eagerly for the better version.
                        FFR Official Tournament (Division 4)
                        1) Tambourin Chinosis (AAA)
                        2) Garyuutensei (AAA)
                        3) Szamar Madar (AAA)
                        4) Brandish Headless (5-0-0-0)
                        5) Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran! (4-0-0-0)
                        6) Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze (11-1-0-3)
                        7) Piano Etude (Gymnastics) (---)

                        Status: Eliminated (Rank: 16)

                        Comment

                        • Heartseeker7
                          Untz Untz Untz Untz
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 571

                          #27
                          Re: Luigi's Ragtime

                          Originally posted by KgZ
                          rofl you got me

                          yeah yeah during christmas break I might fix it up a bit.
                          Totally looking forward to the newer fixed up version.
                          I liked it, but it felt bland at certain times. Needs something spicy added.
                          Very relaxing non-the-less though.

                          Keep up the awsome jazz tunes!
                          Originally posted by Phynx
                          I'm a total asshole, if I had the chance to shove a razor blade dildo up your ass... I would... and I'd laugh while doing it.

                          Comment

                          Working...