Re: How do you start composing?
I'm actually working on an original with the guitar right now.
Now, people have different ways of writing songs. Personally, I like to jam around with the instruments while recording the jam session until I find something catchy in the session. I experiment with different techniques to get different sounds to see what I get out of them. I'm also studying music theory in school right now (I'm even thinking about doing a major in composition/theory), but I personally like to experiment and let my feelings flow through my instruments.
I suggest that you try out what everyone is suggesting in this thread and see what works best for you.
Now, if you want to come up with lyrics, I'm afraid you're on your own. I'm terrible with lyrics. XD
I'm actually working on an original with the guitar right now.
Now, people have different ways of writing songs. Personally, I like to jam around with the instruments while recording the jam session until I find something catchy in the session. I experiment with different techniques to get different sounds to see what I get out of them. I'm also studying music theory in school right now (I'm even thinking about doing a major in composition/theory), but I personally like to experiment and let my feelings flow through my instruments.
I suggest that you try out what everyone is suggesting in this thread and see what works best for you.
Now, if you want to come up with lyrics, I'm afraid you're on your own. I'm terrible with lyrics. XD
Comment