Keep that Bass (or lack thereof) - experimental jungle, need feedback

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jihnsius
    FFR Music Producers
    FFR Music Producer
    • Aug 2004
    • 97

    #1

    Keep that Bass (or lack thereof) - experimental jungle, need feedback

    I got bored and started messing with jungle and scratching, and this is what I came up with. Perhaps I'll do some more work on it, depending on what everyone thinks. I figured that if Chicago Hard House could get away without basslines, why not jungle? Comments and criticisms are appreciated.


    Sean's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
    Last edited by Jihnsius; 10-6-2006, 07:03 AM.
    Originally posted by Aerogroove
    you like my space ship cargo bay door sound solo, jihn?
  • SpookG
    (For Great Justice!)
    FFR Music Producer
    • Dec 2002
    • 829

    #2
    Re: Keep that Bass (or lack thereof) - experimental jungle, need feedback

    You miss the point of jungle if you disregard the need for a bassline, and it sounds like an excuse to just cheapen out of having to think up one.

    Don't get me wrong, I see what you're attempting to do--I just don't think you're taking it in the right direction. And I wrote up a more detailed critique, but I really don't know what you're looking for here in terms of reviews, so I just decided to not bother since you don't seem to be serious about your song.

    Royal For Great Justice! Electronic Music est. 1999
    .
    kerBLAM



    Comment

    • Jihnsius
      FFR Music Producers
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2004
      • 97

      #3
      Re: Keep that Bass (or lack thereof) - experimental jungle, need feedback

      What am I looking for? A review perhaps? So you think there should be a bassline, okay, that's something you can state instead of disregarding the point at hand. How's the production quality? Everything else sound good? If you were to add a bassline, what kind? What key and progression? That'd be a good reply.
      Originally posted by Aerogroove
      you like my space ship cargo bay door sound solo, jihn?

      Comment

      • sleeplessdragn
        ~Bang that beat Harder~
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Jan 2004
        • 2321

        #4
        Re: Keep that Bass (or lack thereof) - experimental jungle, need feedback

        It feels more big beat than jungle. A lot more big beat.

        Comment

        Working...