You know what would be REALLY awesome?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iPatcH
    Swamp Lemons Rule
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Dec 2004
    • 3371

    #16
    RE: come on...

    ps mine was relevant to the thread rofl
    put on a donk on it

    Comment

    • Chromer
      Hookers and Blow
      • Jul 2003
      • 4981

      #17
      RE: come on...

      I have a question, talking about IDM, does anyone know how to studder in Fruity Loops? I can't seem to be able to do it.

      Comment

      • Omeganitros
        auauauau
        • Jun 2003
        • 8897

        #18
        RE: come on...

        Really? I just did things the hard way by increasing the tempo to four zillion bpm and increasing the length of all the normal notes to fit it.

        Comment

        • Draigun
          om nom nom nom.
          FFR Music Producer
          • Jun 2004
          • 751

          #19
          RE: come on...

          Or, in FruityLoops, you just make a single note for the length you'd like it to stutter and:
          1) Highlight that note you'd like to stutter
          2) Bring up the piano roll menu
          3) Go to Tools => Chop
          4) Click the folder under Pattern
          5) Choose your pattern (I'd reccommend "Half Step")
          6) Use the "Time Mul" knob to chop it into more or less notes
          *Remember, the greater the density of notes in a certain area, the higher the pitch will bend/sound. You can experiment with different densities and patterns of stutter to get interesting effects.
          What?

          Comment

          • Omeganitros
            auauauau
            • Jun 2003
            • 8897

            #20
            RE: come on...

            Ah.



            Curse you, Jeskola Buzz. You're so flexible, yet so unhelpful in your interface.

            Comment

            • Chromer
              Hookers and Blow
              • Jul 2003
              • 4981

              #21
              RE: come on...

              Meh. I used to be able to use Jeskola Buzz, but Fruity Loops sexiness pulled me away.

              Comment

              • jewpinthethird
                (The Fat's Sabobah)
                FFR Music Producer
                • Nov 2002
                • 11711

                #22
                Re: come on...

                Originally posted by breakman
                Just because someone doesn’t like a style of music, doesn’t mean it's bad. It really depends on the artist whose making the music. I personally love IDM, and I think that there are tons of great artists in this genre. I personally hate Trance music, but I’m not going to say that it sucks just because I don't like it. If you don't like IDM, then what’s the point of putting down all the people that do like it? You’re just proving to everyone that you’re close-minded when it comes to music.
                Stop it. Stop defending IDM. IDM needs not your defense. IDM needs more clicks and whistles.

                My favorite thing about Jeskola Buzz is the fact that it likes to stop working at the exact moment I get a song sounding good.

                I just can't get into use Fruity Loops.

                Comment

                Working...