post ya 2013 lists here

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • choof
    Banned
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Nov 2013
    • 8563

    #16
    Re: post ya 2013 lists here

    damn it I wrote up a really good post earlier this morning but when I went to post, my session had timed out

    top five in no particular order:

    autechre - exai
    mbv - mbv
    boards of canada - tomorrow's harvest
    james blake - overgrown
    william basinski - nocturnes

    also, what'd you like about True Romance? I thought it was alright, nothing special. I also thought her small feature on Danny Brown's Old was her best work this year. Might just be the genre of music, never been a really big fan of pop.

    Comment

    • moches
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2005
      • 3996

      #17
      Re: post ya 2013 lists here

      Originally posted by choof
      also, what'd you like about True Romance? I thought it was alright, nothing special. I also thought her small feature on Danny Brown's Old was her best work this year. Might just be the genre of music, never been a really big fan of pop.
      Very good songwriting; she also has a really unique voice - smoky but almost parched at times. Can feel the desperation creeping in beneath the weight of the beats and synths. Not a great album for singles, but taken as a whole (minus that awful Brooke Candy song in the middle) it has a vibe I'm really fond of.

      EDIT: Just added links to streams of either albums/singles for every entry in my list, go nuts!
      Last edited by moches; 12-17-2013, 08:35 AM.

      Comment

      • dAnceguy117
        new hand moves = dab
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2002
        • 10103

        #18
        Re: post ya 2013 lists here

        Originally posted by choof
        damn it I wrote up a really good post earlier this morning but when I went to post, my session had timed out
        I'm paranoid about this, so I always select all -> copy before trying to post. hehehe. I need to give Overgrown a second listen.

        Originally posted by moches
        EDIT: Just added links to streams of either albums/singles for every entry in my list, go nuts!
        <33

        Comment

        • moches
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2005
          • 3996

          #19
          Re: post ya 2013 lists here

          just posted a quick 25 songs of the year list! would appreciate any reads I could get

          Comment

          • AlexDest
            good hot
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2007
            • 5309

            #20
            Re: post ya 2013 lists here

            Haven't really been keeping up with any 2013 releases:

            36 - Shadow Play
            Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest
            glue70 - Points of Interest
            goreshit - rituals

            Comment

            • SC_coolguy44
              Harmonoize
              • Sep 2007
              • 1041

              #21
              Re: post ya 2013 lists here

              Okay, here are some good albums, with artists and styles from 2013.

              Various - Hardcore Syndrome 7 (Happy Hardcore, Electronic, Hardstyle, Terror)
              DJ Sharpnel & V.A. - Otakuspeedvibe (Happy Hardcore, Gabber, Electronic)
              t+pazolite/RoughSketch - 108 Sketches 3 (Hardcore, Gabber)
              Various - Massive Circlez 3 (Hard House, Hardstyle, Happy Hardcore)

              Comment

              • choof
                Banned
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Nov 2013
                • 8563

                #22
                Re: post ya 2013 lists here

                Okay holy shit, Vapor City is groovy as hell.

                Comment

                • Coolboyrulez0
                  VICES
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 10042

                  #23
                  Re: post ya 2013 lists here

                  ^ yesssssssss my dude
                  (i was listening to this like 3 days ago and thinking you would dig it too haha wow)
                  https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                  https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                  Comment

                  • blindreper1179
                    Vice President Of TGB
                    • Jun 2006
                    • 5902

                    #24
                    Re: post ya 2013 lists here

                    Artpop by lady gaga, end of thread.
                    Originally posted by thesunfan
                    absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                    Originally posted by choof
                    It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                    Originally posted by choof
                    whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                    Originally posted by Celirra
                    I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                    Comment

                    • choof
                      Banned
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 8563

                      #25
                      Re: post ya 2013 lists here

                      was really underwhelming, tbh
                      I was expecting some really interesting pop music, taking into consideration her image and the album's name

                      it was a bit more ambitious than her other stuff though, I'll give her that

                      Comment

                      • otter87
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2013
                        • 80

                        #26
                        Re: post ya 2013 lists here

                        Originally posted by Arkuski
                        The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - Whenever, If Ever
                        Been hearing a lot about this group lately, think I need to check it out.

                        I actually haven't listened to much that was released this year, but here's a rundown of what I've whored out for the last 12 months:


                        Radiator Hospital. Indie Pop act that I discovered through a Hardcore band I listen to. I got the chance to see him in Fremont a while back, so that was pretty cool. He does alot of solo stuff as well as with a band. If you dig the song, check out his Bandcamp page (http://radiatorhospital.bandcamp.com/), most of his stuff can be downloaded for free.


                        Waxahatchee - Cerulean Salt. Found out about her through Rad Hos as the vocalist featured on the chorus for one of her songs on the album. This is my favorite album of 2013. It might actually be the only release from this year that I've actually listened to fully. That aside, it's still an amazing album if you're into this sort of stuff.


                        Bitter Thoughts. Newer Hardcore band that I discovered at the end of last year. Had the opportunity to book a show for them while they toured California. It was an awesome experience, really hoping I get to see them again sometime soon. Cool dudes, d/l their shit for free if you like it (http://bitterthoughtshc.bandcamp.com/)


                        No clue how I didn't know who Tom Petty was until this year x_x I knew the song Free Fallin', of course. Started hearing a few songs piped out over the intercom at work and when I looked them up and found out they were all his tracks I decided to give him a shot. Idk, he's got a no frills thing going on that I really appreciate.


                        Dead Hearts - Bitter Verses. I got into this band a while back, after they had actually broken up. They did a reunion show at the end of 2012 so I dropped about 1500 to fly to NY to go see them. I've been living paycheck to paycheck since then, but I have no regrets.


                        OG'z - OG Season. I had an affair with Grime a couple of years back that I'm mostly out of now, but I've been listening to this album a lot lately.


                        Blood For Blood. Lmao, forgot about them. I have no idea why I'm so into this. I despise most of the tough guy/beatdown Hardcore, but I love this band. I think it's because they're pretty melodic (for a hardcore punk band, at least) and I love sing-a-longs and chants.
                        Last edited by otter87; 12-26-2013, 07:23 AM.

                        Comment

                        • SKG_Scintill
                          Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 3877

                          #27
                          Re: post ya 2013 lists here

                          Albums:

                          1. Frank Zappa - Does Humor Belong in Music?
                          [...] Plenty other Zappa albums, but that would fill the list
                          2. Les Claypool - Of Whales and Woe
                          3. Melody Gardot - My One and Only Thrill
                          4. Indigo Jam Unit - Rebel
                          5. Tom Waits - Small Change

                          Unrelated tracks that stood out:

                          1. RD-Sounds - 空疎、空洞、また来世 (oh god, goosebumps) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z34wzWAsQqQ
                          2. Camille Saint-Saëns - Le Carnaval des Animaux VII. Aquarium http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsD0FDLOKGA
                          3. Hellsing ~Black Dog~ OST - Die Fledermaus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtEIsCKnnak
                          4. OSTER Project - レツェルの騎士 (probably the first time I can stand voc@loid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUEd25zTRbc
                          Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 12-26-2013, 07:42 AM.





                          Originally posted by bluguerilla
                          So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                          ___
                          . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                          . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                          .

                          Comment

                          • Wayward Vagabond
                            Confirmed Heartbreaker
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 5866

                            #28
                            Re: post ya 2013 lists here

                            small change is awesome yes

                            Comment

                            • moches
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 3996

                              #29
                              Re: post ya 2013 lists here

                              at the risk of sounding like an utter promo whore, I just posted an extensive top 50 over at MuzikDizcovery. blurbs for each album and streams for everything. I put in a good 12 hours on this, so I would really appreciate if y'all could come and take a look
                              Last edited by moches; 12-30-2013, 09:08 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...