New Profile 50k

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Spenner
    Forum User
    • Nov 2006
    • 2403

    #16
    Re: New Profile 50k

    Originally posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com
    Gotta call you out on this big peeve of mine...

    :P

    I see what you're trying to do though-- but use your sense of creativity. Create elements that go well around the boundaries of the image instead of hurting the image to fit.

    Comment

    • duddychuck@yahoo.com
      Retired
      • Sep 2009
      • 1111

      #17
      Re: New Profile 50k

      Originally posted by Spenner
      Gotta call you out on this big peeve of mine...

      :P

      I see what you're trying to do though-- but use your sense of creativity. Create elements that go well around the boundaries of the image instead of hurting the image to fit.
      I gotchya, it did look a little funky haha. Thanks for the tip (:

      Comment

      • Spenner
        Forum User
        • Nov 2006
        • 2403

        #18
        Re: New Profile 50k

        No problem just something to keep in mind.

        Here we go, I forgot all about imageshack actually being able to upload stuff full size (profile size) so I uploaded it to my dA. Oh well ;/

        DeviantArt is where art and community thrive. Explore over 650 million pieces of art while connecting to fellow artists and art enthusiasts.


        I hope you like... grungy things.

        Comment

        • duddychuck@yahoo.com
          Retired
          • Sep 2009
          • 1111

          #19
          Re: New Profile 50k

          Originally posted by Spenner
          DeviantArt is where art and community thrive. Explore over 650 million pieces of art while connecting to fellow artists and art enthusiasts.


          I hope you like... grungy things.
          Nice How do you do that effect to the letters? like how its brighter than the rest (Kinda noobish I guess lol). Ive always wondered :P

          Comment

          • Spenner
            Forum User
            • Nov 2006
            • 2403

            #20
            Re: New Profile 50k

            Haha, what exactly do you mean by that? How it's coloured white (lol) or the fact that it's texture is slightly blended with the background yet still white?

            Either way, for the text I have some white text underneath, the same size, with a bit of a drop shadow, with some Layer Blending Options to allow the Blending Option that is also on the top layer of text to show through. Like two transparent slides overtop of one another, really. Except they do some pretty neat things depending on what blending options you choose.

            But I'm not sure if that was what you meant at all lol ;P

            Comment

            • duddychuck@yahoo.com
              Retired
              • Sep 2009
              • 1111

              #21
              Re: New Profile 50k

              Originally posted by Spenner
              Haha, what exactly do you mean by that? How it's coloured white (lol) or the fact that it's texture is slightly blended with the background yet still white?

              Either way, for the text I have some white text underneath, the same size, with a bit of a drop shadow, with some Layer Blending Options to allow the Blending Option that is also on the top layer of text to show through. Like two transparent slides overtop of one another, really. Except they do some pretty neat things depending on what blending options you choose.

              But I'm not sure if that was what you meant at all lol ;P
              I guess? lol When I tried to do that what I did was just make the text white and turn down the capacity but it doesnt really look like that.

              Comment

              • Spenner
                Forum User
                • Nov 2006
                • 2403

                #22
                Re: New Profile 50k

                Yeah, that's where blending options come in. Instead of just decreasing Opacity so the background shows through, layer blending options, quite literally, just blend certain elements from the layers underneath it. Try playing around with it, you'll get used to what each one does eventually

                Comment

                • duddychuck@yahoo.com
                  Retired
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 1111

                  #23
                  Re: New Profile 50k

                  Originally posted by Spenner
                  Yeah, that's where blending options come in. Instead of just decreasing Opacity so the background shows through, layer blending options, quite literally, just blend certain elements from the layers underneath it. Try playing around with it, you'll get used to what each one does eventually
                  I think I got the hang of it. Thanks (:

                  Comment

                  • kmay
                    Don't forget me
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 6532

                    #24
                    Re: New Profile 50k

                    thats hot spenner, thanks

                    how would i go about saving it so its not a big of a file though?

                    Comment

                    • The5thMoon
                      • self-fulfilled prophecy •
                      • May 2006
                      • 2132

                      #25
                      Re: New Profile 50k

                      try this http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...n/c3164f09.jpg

                      Comment

                      • PhaeL v2
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 942

                        #26
                        Re: New Profile 50k

                        I don't liked very much the font, I mean, the blue "frame" thing. Maybe if it was just the font, and maybe some transparent bar, with colored boards, from side to side, it'd be better, but it's just me.

                        Nice job, Spenner. If I knew how to do the divisions for game information and comment wall, like Silvuh's, Leonid's profile, I'd try something.
                        Originally posted by Emo_Saur_
                        Rapha, you're a cry baby!

                        Comment

                        • kmay
                          Don't forget me
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 6532

                          #27
                          Re: New Profile 50k

                          wtf its still not letting me upload it, even though its 508kb

                          Comment

                          • The5thMoon
                            • self-fulfilled prophecy •
                            • May 2006
                            • 2132

                            #28
                            Re: New Profile 50k



                            oh try that

                            Comment

                            • kmay
                              Don't forget me
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 6532

                              #29
                              Re: New Profile 50k

                              still nothing lol im letting spenner give it a try. if he cant get it ill come back to you thanks for trying

                              Comment

                              • Spenner
                                Forum User
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 2403

                                #30
                                Re: New Profile 50k

                                Fix'd. Done deal.

                                Comment

                                Working...