My latest two photoshops.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NevermoreX
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2005
    • 29

    #16
    Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: My latest two photoshops.

    Originally posted by rydenHS
    Originally posted by NevermoreX
    This post being in the 32-bit RGB thread, I would expect the picture to be art. I have, and have had, nothing against rydenHS, but to create both of those pics all you need is 1 month PS/PSP experience and everyone's dear friend, Google.

    All that these pics are merged clips of various pictures. For example, FOREVER BEGINS IN THE GRAVE was created with a black BG layer, folowed by the pic of a large, old grave which can be found on Google at this link.



    This pic was desaturated and maybe blur'd (because guassin makes everything better).

    Now, the pic below it is a pic of a graveyard. This pic can be found by searching Google. I have found it once, but lost it's location. I will edit my post with the picture if it's that important. In the orginal there was a horizon line covered by large trees. He cut that out, desaturated the remainder of the picture, darkened and moved it just below the large grave. It looks like there is a slight opacity gradient change for trasition, though I'm not sure.

    Also just for detail, the text looks a bit like Aftershock, or another version of it. I'm probably wrong, I'm too lazy to check. It's also got a Layer Styles Outer Glow attached to it.



    Now the pic of people gazing at the moon with a headless guy being hanged is too simple. I didn't know what to search on Google to find the picture of the moon (I'm not too sure if it is on the net). This takes the knowledge of an 8 year old to see it's not part of the picture to start with.
    The tree can be found searching "dead tree" on google. It should be on the first page. He used, I'm guessing the Wand Tool to crop the image out and copy/paste it as a new layer on the moon picture. He then nicely chaged the Hue and Saturation of the tree to match the moonlight (You can tell this was probably cropped with the wand tool due to the unattached branches and choppy quallity). Now the hanging man could have been done various ways: found on google, cropped out of a pic and had its colors adjusted to match the sunlight. That's what I'm guessing, though it could have looked better by making it pixel by pixel with brushes. Either way, the mans quallity dropped severly somewhere along the line and it appears hes lost his head. It mainly looks like a large blob hanging from a tree, but with comon sense we can relate its shape to a human being. These pics were a role of Merge and Manipulate.

    As for the "race" matter, I don't know why that was started in the first place. Switching the race role from Black to White or whatever was a cover-up in itself. Race was the LAST possible thing wthat would have come to my mind. This is not sybolism, this is a poor picture crop. That's all I have to say.
    So at first you really believed that I can make those "realistic" pictures with only photoshop? And no, you can't even start to edit pictures like that with one month of experience. I have been doing photoshop for...say....almost three years now? A poor picture crop huh? Look at the moon and lighting effects. BTW the program after all IS called PHOTOSHOP and was originally ment for editing pictures and manipulating them.

    But after all that. Thanks for noticing.

    *EDIT* I made that moon with the lighting effects.


    Three years got you that?

    Originally posted by Afrobean
    Originally posted by NevermoreX
    This is not sybolism, this is a poor picture crop. That's all I have to say.
    Just because it's cropped from existing images doesn't negate symbolism in it, nor does it negate it's artistic value. Just because you don't like that it's a cropped combination of other images doesn't mean that it's not art. Maybe you should relearn the terms "art" and "symbolism." I mean, look at this:

    That is a very poorly done example of symbolism and yet it is still symbolism and art. No matter how crappy something is it can still be symbolic and art.


    By "symbolism" I was refering to the race issue.

    *EDIT*
    Originally posted by rydenHS
    So at first you really believed that I can make those "realistic" pictures with only photoshop? And no, you can't even start to edit pictures like that with one month of experience. I have been doing photoshop for...say....almost three years now? A poor picture crop huh? Look at the moon and lighting effects. BTW the program after all IS called PHOTOSHOP and was originally ment for editing pictures and manipulating them.

    But after all that. Thanks for noticing.

    *EDIT* I made that moon with the lighting effects.

    Do you know what the heck a crop is?


    If a picture\'s worth a thousand words,
    A painter\'s brush could write a novel.

    :Nevermore:

    Comment

    • Spazzbite
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2003
      • 2181

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: My latest two photoshops.

      Ok smartass, if you're complaining so much about something that you don't like that somebody else did, then why don't you show everyone some of your work? Obviously you can do better since you're bashing it so much.

      Originally posted by Quicker
      shades don't break unless you break them.

      Comment

      • NevermoreX
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2005
        • 29

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: My latest two photoshops.

        I'll improve his work on the second image and edit the message when finished.
        No need to be rash.
        The fact of the matter is, blending pictures from Google and calling it art.. why?

        *EDIT* actually that would be impossible considering the previous image of the tree has been removed from its website.


        If a picture\'s worth a thousand words,
        A painter\'s brush could write a novel.

        :Nevermore:

        Comment

        • Cj_leonine
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2005
          • 2070

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: My latest two photoshops.

          Basher.

          Quit making excuses.
          Status: Innactive Onehander

          Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night

          Comment

          • NevermoreX
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2005
            • 29

            #20
            Oh but whos making exuses?

            I'm making my own in PS entirely from scratch, although that tree will be a hassle....

            By the way, 3d is not impossible in PS.


            If a picture\'s worth a thousand words,
            A painter\'s brush could write a novel.

            :Nevermore:

            Comment

            • NevermoreX
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2005
              • 29

              #21


              well i think that settles that. i would leave info on how i made this stuff but im lazy. as for the person, pixel by pixel. if you notice he's only 2 diff colors. and the trees up close are brushes. the trees along the horizon line were made by using a normal brush with disolve then blured.

              enjoy


              If a picture\'s worth a thousand words,
              A painter\'s brush could write a novel.

              :Nevermore:

              Comment

              • Spazzbite
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2003
                • 2181

                #22
                Finally, someone who can stand up to their word. Post some of your other work as well.

                Also, nice job on your image.

                Originally posted by Quicker
                shades don't break unless you break them.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #23
                  Originally posted by NevermoreX


                  well i think that settles that. i would leave info on how i made this stuff but im lazy. as for the person, pixel by pixel. if you notice he's only 2 diff colors. and the trees up close are brushes. the trees along the horizon line were made by using a normal brush with disolve then blured.

                  enjoy
                  That was well made, but it doesn't carry the same message without the on-lookers. Good work, either way I suppose, even though I prefer the first one.

                  Comment

                  • rydenHS
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 468

                    #24
                    GJ on that pic, I like it. =D

                    When im home and reinstall photoshop on my pc then I will remake pic from skratch and try to show some more effort.


                    Comment

                    Working...