Ali's Art Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alioth
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Work in progress~

    Leave a comment:


  • Alioth
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Thanks~ I intend to do this as a hobby nowadays though. I plan on going into creative writing as my career since I adore Poetry & Fiction xD I'll keep you updated on my art though

    Edit: Meh fuck it I'm back into graphic arts haha~
    Last edited by Alioth; 05-4-2014, 11:29 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mahjix
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Indeed, you have progressed quite a bit over the time and it's great! Keep going. To touch on what Spitfire was saying, I think the idea he's trying to convey is to work more on recognizing and refining basic shapes (circles, ovals, spheres, rectangular prisms, etc.) to help better with form and execution; focusing on providing more detail in a picture and/or correct anatomy will not always grant better results if key fundamentals are missing, and, I promise you, they will help in ways that will blow your mind into the middle of... Saturn (I don't know). In any case, keep at it and never stop practicing. See each new piece as an opportunity for improvement on, at least, one thing. :}

    Leave a comment:


  • Alioth
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Originally posted by _.Spitfire._
    Style comes naturally as you progress so don't worry about that just yet. Don't make "style" a cop-out for not learning proper anatomy.
    Also, don't just focus on anatomy alone. All of the core skills will complement each other. Better grasp of shapes will help you in anatomy, better grasp of perspective will help you with shapes, better grasp of anatomy will help you in perspective etc. etc. Learn them simultaneously.
    I'm not that great at backgrounds and foregrounds However...I'm looking to add some detail in my works. If you look at Yoshi Summit...it's been rushed x.x Although I am okay with the result I would like to add some detail to my works :P It'll take time & practice, which I have been doing for years xDD

    Leave a comment:


  • Nullifidian
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Style comes naturally as you progress so don't worry about that just yet. Don't make "style" a cop-out for not learning proper anatomy.
    Also, don't just focus on anatomy alone. All of the core skills will complement each other. Better grasp of shapes will help you in anatomy, better grasp of perspective will help you with shapes, better grasp of anatomy will help you in perspective etc. etc. Learn them simultaneously.
    Last edited by Nullifidian; 03-23-2014, 05:00 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alioth
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Yea I've been trying to improve on Anatomy more-so lately than usual. It's complicated, but at the same time I would strive to have a unique style of my own I'm definitely going to look at some pages for anatomy though...probably by Tuesday~

    Leave a comment:


  • Nullifidian
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    I definitely see some improvement but you need to practice your fundamentals more. And by that I mean the basics such as (but not limited to) perspective and anatomy (which aren't all that basic really, they're pretty complicated).

    Leave a comment:


  • Alioth
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Work in Progress for DragonIIDX

    Leave a comment:


  • Alioth
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    @Vagabond - Thank you I figured that I would share a timeline of my work to show that not all artists are natural xD

    @cedo - Those are my favorites as well

    Edit: Done some sketches within the past few days :P
    --------------------
    Tear The Moon (Inspired by Shpongle)


    Dragonite Sketch
    Last edited by Alioth; 03-8-2014, 09:20 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • cedolad
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Towards the end, I really like your style. The shadings on Guilmon and Meganium are super sick!

    Leave a comment:


  • Wayward Vagabond
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    improving little by little, nice job

    Leave a comment:


  • Alioth
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Originally posted by Xiz
    Oh my god... that progression....

    nice work
    Thank you!! Yea the first couple of pics are...not good haha. Although I wouldn't mind redrawing some of those concepts again :P

    Originally posted by xNiX
    Yoshi summit is my favorite.
    A lot of people tend to like that pic...took me 25 minutes to sketch then :P

    Anime OC (Hideo Kazima AKA Sutetsu)
    Last edited by Alioth; 03-6-2014, 10:27 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • xNiX
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Yoshi summit is my favorite.

    Leave a comment:


  • Xiz
    replied
    Re: Ali's Art Thread

    Oh my god... that progression....

    nice work

    Leave a comment:


  • Alioth
    started a topic Ali's Art Thread

    Ali's Art Thread

    First off...I have been involved with art since I was 15 years old. I have experience with Photoshop and Illustrator, but I do use C4D on occasion. Feel free to take a look, and if anybody has any Pokemon requests, please do let me know via this thread or Private Messaging. Thanks!!

    I will start off with older art just so everyone has an idea with how I started.

    First Drawing [2006]


    Drawing from 2007


    Anti-Smoking Advertisement [2011]


    Briarcliffe Trip Flyer [2011]


    Revisited First Drawing [2011]


    Charmander Concept [2011]


    Yoshi Summit [2012]


    Art Collab [2012]


    Tails Concept [2013]


    Pokemon Team Concept Revisited No. 1 [2014]


    Guilmon [2014]


    Pokemon Team Concept Revisited No. 2 [2014]


    ---------------------

    Thanks for the view, and feel free to critique for sure!! I am always looking for room to improve Have a wonderful night
    Last edited by Alioth; 03-5-2014, 09:34 PM. Reason: Images were larger than expected
Working...