Hi, I'm not Andy, and I might have an FFR addiction...right?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • customstuff
    ♥C.S. + A.M.♥
    • Nov 2006
    • 4892

    #16
    Re: Hi, I'm not Andy, and I might have an FFR addiction...right?

    Welcome to FFR! I didn't even notice Eniglish was your second language because by your typing, it seems it is your first language. I'm glad that you came to the site and I'm sure you'll have fun!

    Originally posted by MrMagic5239
    Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
    Originally posted by customstuff
    Originally posted by MrMagic5239
    welcome to D6

    start playing

    Comment

    • Soldat_of_life
      FFR Veteran
      • Aug 2007
      • 106

      #17
      Re: Hi, I'm not Andy, and I might have an FFR addiction...right?

      Well well well.....nice intro, though I don't agree to give her the award for the longest ever post, simply for a long post, but NOT the longest :P

      Well, I went back to check my intro and I guess that mine was shorter....on this forum!

      But here's my intro from another forum:


      My anime debut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      I probably answered this question more times than I could count in anime forums. I could easily answer this shortly, but I love writing, and if I’m to get better at it, why not use it to explain one of the things that I have loved for quite some time now. Here is a more detailed version of my past/present/future interest and its many twists and turns on how I discovered anime and why I’m still hooked. The main themes that guided me would be the world of video games, the almighty television, a nerd of the opposite gender, the slightly communist government, the infinitely vast internet, the good old forums and chat programs, the popular yet infamous peer to peer programs, various books and interests that surround the culture that describes Japan, the huge event which could only be described as a convention, and finally, my personal goals and interests in life. Simply press ‘’play’’ and enjoy the read.

      This grand story begins with the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). It is probably the first place I noticed that a product had been ‘’Made in Japan’’. Video games often tend to cross over to anime material and the opposite happens just as much. I mostly played the games I had possession of at first, so the good old Mario was the only character I could knowingly compare to anything Japanese, even if he didn’t have much detail to show some form of anime like figure. I was around the age of 5 when the NES came into my life and I probably beat Super Mario Bros. more often than anything else I’ve ever had my hands on, except maybe Ninja Turtles 2, which was the other game I had that my father had bought Ô so long ago. Soon, I started meeting other friends who had various NES games and soon discovered many games that today have plenty of anime based upon them. To name a few: The legend of Zelda, Megaman, Final Fantasy, Kirby Dreamland and many more. At some point, video games didn’t really hint me greatly towards my path of anime loving and everything that goes along with loving this ‘’made in Japan’’ trend that I am far from being done with even today. The future still has many unopened doors that I am yet to explore. The next stage to getting me into anime was to be the good old TV.

      Much more popular than video games in general, television brought about a mass amount of information for those who tuned in on it. There is a lot of what anyone could want to hear and see, so much actually that most those who watch it have to filter out what they don’t want to see and hopefully find something worth their time. More often than not, in my opinion, the TV has more and more of what I consider extremely annoying: commercials. I personally stopped watching it in 2001 partially because of this. Yet those ads pay for everything that is broadcasted, so I tolerated them, or so I did, way back then. I watched like many other eager kids the Saturday morning cartoons. The oldest cartoon I recall watching was ‘’Les Merveilleuses cites d’or’’ (The Mysterious Cities of Gold) and Astro Boy. I didn’t even know that those were actually made by Japanese people until I was told so by other people quite a few years later. Other titles like Dragon Ball (when he was a kid) and Sailor Moon also created some further pre-interest in a genre I could not name at the time. Then came the moment of no return of what would mould my future. People say that love can move mountains, well I say, it moved me towards anime.

      Indeed, my small crush on a girl older than me, more nerd than me and not quite interested in me ended quite a bit in an out of touch relationship when she finally moved to cégep (between High School and University) and greater things. But, one thing remained, the spark that ignited the flame that would grow greater and greater for the following 10 years and beyond. This simple girl, who was learning Japanese and loved to draw manga like characters, started off by discussing about computer problems with my lunch time friends in high school. To make a rather long story short, she was a Megaman X lover, especially with the 4th version, especially fond of a character called Iris, that she used as a screen name everywhere she went on the net. Though I had not much knowledge then in what was the all encompassing internet. This girl talked about various anime and many aspects of Japan that she liked, mostly the video game/manga/anime part of it at least. I still didn’t quite get everything she tossed at me as she was basically light years ahead of what I knew then in terms of the country of the rising sun. Though one thing was solidified, my curiosity had been struck hard for what she taught me. I state that I am a very curious person. The next thing needed to get my interests acknowledged and defined, was a computer that could have the ability of handling internet.

      The government clearly had a hand in helping me attain my goal. The main reason being that computers and internet was starting to be a useful tool for school projects made at home and for personal use, thus they created some kind of law that permitted families to have a hefty discount of buying brand new desktop computers to help modernise society. I saw the queue and showed this fact to my father. Lucky for me, he was greatly interested in new gadgets, and our very old and murky PC that couldn’t even have internet work on it (It had 4 megabytes of virtual memory, windows 3.11 and an 80 mb Hard Drive) was more than not out of date. I half dragged the one with monetary power to an electronics store, and we ended up with the second best PC that place had to offer. I was nearly set for my grand entrance upon the limitless world that links everyone together at some degree. A month or two later, we immediately went high speed, happily never having to experience dial up, which I consider this to be a blessing. The girl I met while we stayed in touch showed me the works, and I quickly got to find wallpapers inspired by anime, forums that discussed about anime and a place that had and still has more of anything in it than most places I’ve ever seen: mIRC. Though I didn’t really dwell that much in there and barely got the hang of it. Napster was the next step, while the girl was installing Megaman X4 on my hard drive, as she felt like listening to a good tune while working on getting my pc working and up to date. The first song from Japanese origin, besides my NES, that I ever heard (being that I never had much interest in music before hand much) was Electric Communication, a song from Rockman a.k.a. Megaman’s true title on Japanese soil, or something like that. Then everything went uphill, or downhill, depending on if you consider a positive thing watching lots of anime, while having a few school results not as high as usual. This greater power was called: Kazaa.

      Various computer programs and ways to link to each other came to existence before my very eyes quickly in succession, and probably are still optimised, destroyed by various law suits, and re spawned in a blurr that comes and goes on in the world of the World Wide Web. I admit having used them quite a bit at first, but I have lately been atoning for my sins by buying what I really want, at least when I have the money to offer myself this luxury, as anime rarely comes cheap over here. I greatly went about watching whole series in fast succession and probably discovered that it was possible for the human body to stay up and not sleep for more than 24 hours, well, at least for my body to do so, even if it had a few disadvantages to do so. I could name quite a few anime that really got my attention then, but one that I will never forget is the anime series Noir. It mostly got to me because of its seriousness, the depth of mystery and how everything seemed much nicer in terms of quality compared to what I had seen before (and it was suggested by a certain girl). Programs were nice to get what I wanted, but to really find worthy stuff to watch, I needed to find people who knew what was out there. I soon joined an anime discussion forum and suggestions utterly poured in, faster than I could watch them. Eventually, I watched less and less anime, as I had watched most of what was out there in terms of worthy anime. That, studies and work took a good chunk of time away from my interest as well. Through all that, I played a few good RPG video games, the occasional sim date pc game and discovered the summit of where every anime loving person went to: conventions.

      By the time I heard about anime conventions, I had read at least three tourist guides of Japan, tried to learn by myself Japanese (which didn’t work due to my lack of personal motivation…sadly) and lurked and read through tons of sites that referred to Japanese culture of all kind. I wanted mostly visit Japan, but money wasn’t pouring down upon me, so I’d have to put that as a rain check of sorts for a future endeavour. Still to this day, I have not put my feet under Japanese soil, but I did end up going to Otakon 2007, and made a few friends that could be called most likely Otaku near where I live. I had heard of that place the first year I discovered anime forums, but never could attend, eternally bound with how much my bank account had stashed within. My studies along the way didn’t go to well, so I took a break in that domain and started earning my way to savings and my very first solo trip. Five months into my not very inspiring job, I finally saw a safe path set before me that lead me promptly, yet with a few bumps, to the second largest anime convention in the United States of America. I met up with anime fans of all kind and considered myself probably very sane and normal compared to a few that I discussed with. The cherry on the cake wasn’t all the anime that I could watch, it was the open minded atmosphere that was felt within all the 26,000 people or so that attended this event. Lots of things took place in the five days I left my home country, but those five days were equivalent to much more than a week of experience in life.

      Over half a year went by without much growth in my interest, but I recently made a choice. As of now, I’m trying to enter university to eventually teach English as a second language and eventually attempt to use my acquired skills to direct my path to one particular place: Japan. Though I may not end up doing all that, my other interests and my future will be heightened as I motivate myself back to studying, and strangely, with the thing that first got my grades plummeting: anime, that and my love of writing. On a last note, I hope that one day, anime will be appreciated by the mass public as a medium that can be for all ages and minds, not simply a cartoon that’s made for kids. Thank you for reading.

      Well that's only part of it.....here it is fully: http://q-otaku.com/forum/viewtopic.p...511e791b424815



      But that was kinda out of context, so I'll simply say:

      Welcome to the boards and may you get better at what you like without breaking everything in your room. Tis not good to get mad over a game. Simply take a deep breath and keep on going. And when you really can't beat it, try other songs and come back to it later. If you really get mad, just leave your PC and room, take a good long walk, eat something to get your brain energized, then whore the song all over again. If that doesn't work, repeat the walk and food until you manage your goal. Though once you get sleepy, it is suggested to add a few hours of sleep before going on.

      And as for any spelling errors in my long text in blue, I did not correct it and I was told by a few people that it isn't interesting enough for people to get through it....if you have a suggestion other than ''shortening it'', you are welcome to.

      Oh, and not-Andy, if ever you wanna discuss, chat, play with someone on multi player, or simply drop a hi on my profile, you are welcome to do so.

      Take Care and Till Next We Meet....

      +Soldat+
      Last edited by Soldat_of_life; 10-28-2008, 10:27 AM.

      Poetry Corner

      Comment

      • dood gone krazee
        RATOOOOOOOOO
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2007
        • 1939

        #18
        Re: Hi, I'm not Andy, and I might have an FFR addiction...right?

        At least he/she has good grammer, unlike most new people who come here.

        Welcome, have a nice stay. Read the stickies and rules, and don't be annoying hehe. Try not to make text walls like that. Either try to keep you're thoughts short and simple, or break up the wall into different paragraphs. English being you're second language, it's correct as far as I'm concerned.

        Oh yeah...

        -4th Official Tournament Expert Divison Champion-

        Originally posted by Sir_Thomas
        Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
        Originally posted by robertsona
        I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

        "[++] 9/10
        Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"

        Comment

        • welsh_girl
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2004
          • 1366

          #19
          Re: Hi, I'm not Andy, and I might have an FFR addiction...right?

          What Soldat_of_life said

          Welcome to FFR anyway !. I can't read your first post, bit too long for an induction.

          Comment

          • Soldat_of_life
            FFR Veteran
            • Aug 2007
            • 106

            #20
            Re: Hi, I'm not Andy, and I might have an FFR addiction...right?

            My eyes!!!!!!!!!


            *eyes begin to bleed*


            Long texts I can endure....but flashy colours.....gah!

            Poetry Corner

            Comment

            Working...