I have a poor sense of judgement in naming this thread ... friend.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stretchypanda
    shock me shock me
    • Sep 2004
    • 4123

    #16
    Re: I'm your new negro friend.

    Welcome to FFR.

    @hoochan and others: POST SOME GODDAMN RELEVANCE OR DON'T POST AT ALL.

    Comment

    • fido123
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2005
      • 4245

      #17
      Re: I'm your new negro friend.

      Comment

      • Netjet!
        Sic itur ad astra
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2008
        • 4701

        #18
        Re: I'm your new negro friend.

        Jesus Christ fido. I knew this picture would come.
        RIP Steve Van Ness <3

        Comment

        • Nyokou
          ( ̄ー ̄)
          • Apr 2005
          • 4247

          #19
          Re: I'm your new negro friend.

          Welcome to the end of your life.
          Snapchat: icequeenilse

          Comment

          • Das Mustafah
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2007
            • 137

            #20
            Re: I'm your new negro friend.

            No, Afrobean should not be a teacher.

            The word "negro" is not ambiguous, specifically because of historical context. Here the word is used to refer to a person, which makes it a slur. "Negro" hasn't been used ambiguously for years, and though it may not be as loaded as its counterpart, it is still inappropriate.

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            "Negro" is the Spanish word for black. There is nothing inherently racist about the word "Negro", even if it is that very word that is the source for a racial slur.

            Comment

            Working...