korny AMA (korny's last words)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cavernio
    sunshine and rainbows
    • Feb 2006
    • 1987

    #16
    Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

    Originally posted by korny
    I would go as far as saying people go out of their way to ignore me for whatever reason.
    Paranoid much? That's my question, well, a more pleasant version of that, like, do you worry about what other people think of you and does it affect your life?

    Comment

    • korny
      It's Saint Pepsi bitch
      • May 2004
      • 4385

      #17
      Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

      Originally posted by 00Razor00
      don't leave yet

      we still need to kick it some day and hit up dat whataburger <3
      Hey man, if you guys ever want to get that texas meet up going, i'll be the first person to get a nice hotel room and have a real ffrpartyy.

      Originally posted by UserNameGoesHere
      Why are you leaving?
      Will you ever come back?
      What did you like most about FFR? Least?
      Main reasons are that the general quality of the site has gotten exponentially worse and it's at a point to where it no longer resonates with me. Also I have a bad habit of letting my ego come into play while on ffr, and it's not conducive to what I'm trying to accomplish for myself.

      Besides seeing the end of this thread, and if a texas meet up happens that I'm made aware of, then it's likely that you will never see me again.

      I feel like the similarities shared between myself and others who are talented at rhythm based games has made FFR a convenient and resourceful place for music and game recommendations. It's easy to find like minded people on here in that regard who can fulfill my nerdy needs.

      Originally posted by Cavernio
      Paranoid much? That's my question, well, a more pleasant version of that, like, do you worry about what other people think of you and does it affect your life?
      Nope. Just aware.

      Comment

      • samurai7694
        바보
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2008
        • 4640

        #18
        Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

        What moment was most memorable for you while on FFR? (something that happened in profile chat, a certain score or AAA, etc.)

        Comment

        • Spenner
          Forum User
          • Nov 2006
          • 2403

          #19
          Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

          Sleep... yeah, we'll see. Glad our talks have resonated take care if this is indeed your farewell.

          I guess if I could ask anything it would be: Is there a question that crossed your mind that you would have hoped someone would ask when making this thread? If not, think of one~

          Comment

          • korny
            It's Saint Pepsi bitch
            • May 2004
            • 4385

            #20
            Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

            At the time I made this thread I was certain the direction I was headed was going to be for me to quit ffr forever. I couldn't resist but to stick around so ask away once again.

            Comment

            • Zapmeister
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2012
              • 466

              #21
              Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

              You're playing poker with a tiger, a llama, a raccoon, a heron, and a sloth. You're holding Kh Qh and the flop is 10s 5s 5h. The tiger confidently wags its tail around and sticks its tongue out and bets 3x the minimum. The llama folds. The raccoon looks pensive and after hesitation it grins at the tiger and raises to 6x the minimum. The heron had folded preflop and is really bored and has started pecking at the sloth. The sloth is not bothered by the heron at all and casually calls. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

              What score can you get in Frog Infarctions?

              You wake up in your own room and find muddy pig tracks all over the ceiling. They abruptly stop when they reach the edge of the ceiling, and the walls and floor are clean. What do you think happened?

              How fast can you run 100 metres backwards?

              Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

              ask me anything here

              mashed FCs: 329

              r1: 5
              r2: 4
              r3: 6
              r4: 8
              r5: 3
              r6: 5
              r7: 15
              final position: 4th

              Comment

              • korny
                It's Saint Pepsi bitch
                • May 2004
                • 4385

                #22
                Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

                I raise because I'm a gambling man.

                Probably much higher than the average score because I'm legendary at video games.

                Speculate that it was probably spider pig.

                I'm going to guess about 21 seconds

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #23
                  Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

                  is being real with everyone always the best policy? or do you think there's a time and a place where telling people what they wanna hear is the way to go?

                  Comment

                  • korny
                    It's Saint Pepsi bitch
                    • May 2004
                    • 4385

                    #24
                    Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

                    Great question. I think being real at all times is definitely the best route. The realist so to speak, serves as a teacher for the one being observed and vice versa. What good comes from holding back your observations, IF the person you're being real with knows your intentions? If you can deduce that a person does not know whether or not your observation are being made purely out of the intention of increasing awareness, then I think it is up to them to figure out where this misperceived communication barrier is coming from within. I think few people are capable of effectively communicating their feelings or emotions, and it all has to do with experience. I think you would be very surprised to see how rawly (is that a word?) real I am to my friends, and how they come back and thank me for it when they felt attacked. It took them time to realize that this guy isn't trying to bring me down, this guy loves me, this guy loves everybody, so thank you jordan for telling me how ignorant I am when nobody else would have. I say this as devoid of ego as you are capable of perceiving, but increasing awareness in this manner is I feel, apart of my self imposed objective reality I guess you could say. To speed up the process of harmony and essentially utopia.

                    For example let me keep it real with you danceguy. I don't think you care for me too much. I think you find me abrasive at times and unnecessary in my remarks, yet I respect your perception and can understand it while I don't necessarily agree because I know MY intentions. Me personally? I used to dislike you too because of the sm era and the feelings that never really dissipated enough for us to be "cool". I personally wish you weren't so overly nice to compensate for people's sensitivities, because I feel like it does their evolutionary growth a great injustice. I understand why you do it, but I feel like it stems from the need to be sensitive to people's perceptions of others input and as I have stated, it is a necessary learning process in order for us as people to learn how to communicate better overall. Sorry if there was a lot of repetition in this paragraph I am typing this by phone.

                    Comment

                    • dAnceguy117
                      new hand moves = dab
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 10103

                      #25
                      Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

                      rawly gets a red underline in web browser. I'm kinda disappointed; that would be a good word.

                      I respect your approach, for sure. I personally do try to criticize when I think it would be beneficial for someone in the long term, but I also try to put a positive spin on things, maybe to the point of sugarcoating at times. I just like it when people feel good about themselves. from as objective of a viewpoint as I can muster, though, I think your stance is better justified than mine. can't help it really. I do what feels right to me. thanks for letting me know though.

                      about the SM era, assuming you mean like 2006-2008, I want to apologize to you if I said anything shitty. I was intentionally mean to people here, and that had nothing to do with being "real." I had a straight up fake internet persona at that time. glad to have moved on.


                      let's see, question
                      we know you're sick at video games. are there any specific games/genres where you don't think your ceiling would be very high? (RTS is the bane of my gaming existence)

                      Comment

                      • korny
                        It's Saint Pepsi bitch
                        • May 2004
                        • 4385

                        #26
                        Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

                        No worries at all Brotha.

                        Another great question with a really long and complex answer( you have unleashed my true inner nerd with this one lol)

                        Lets use RTS for example which is a genre I do not personally play or seek out. The only RTS game i even acknowledge is Starcraft, because attached to that game is a following unlike any other. More importantly, it is requiring of an uncontested amount skill and insane amounts of knowledge about the micromanaging capabilities of the varying races, terrains, etc, and is measured by how many actions per minute you are not only capable of inputting, but doing so efficiently at rates of over 300 per. As far as as i am concerned there is no game i know of that is the most difficult to earn the title of worlds best, so naturally as a self-proclaimed true hardcore gamer, it demands my immense respect. It is just not a game out of preference that I am capable, perhaps like you, to be able to enjoy enough to find value in competing that intensely.

                        For me to not be able to achieve the world ceiling for any particular game, is completely dependent upon the reason why any certain game holds my attention and mesmerizes me the way it does in the first place. Games like call of duty for example, i absolutely despise. It genuinely eats away at my soul when I am in the presence of a devout call of duty player, claiming skill as if there is anything to be proud of when i am aware of more devout and serious communities within the respective genre. You could say this is my way of saying I am a video game elitist in that regard knowing that games like counter strike exist, another game I don't play that deserves credit like Starcraft in its own way as well. There are too many shitty games that turn me the fuck off from joining in on the "fun", especially the ones with these multimillion online member communities that seem to be the only ones given attention anymore which is depressing to say the least. These are games that, once again, do not appeal to me. I find no personal satisfaction in memorizing maps to seek out my opponents and round them about with quick and decisive accuracy for the headshot. So in that sense, those are examples of games I can't reach the top because of the incentive to get that into it has not been created for me for whatever reasons that i have theorized for myself which is a discussion in itself that I would rather not get into. I can go on about where the video game world and its perceptions are headed lol. It's not because i lack the skill to dominate on a world level at these games; as much as anyone involved in said communities might want to make that claim with validity.

                        Now, create an online community for doom 2? Golden eye 64? Shit, ill see you after school ***** if its implemented correctly. People from my generation can back me up on the fact that those games were more quintessential than the formers. I have that following to go on to i guess justifty the way i filter games in the elitist manner i do.

                        There are games of many varying genres i feel I am at least top 300. this includes fps, platformers specifically are where I'm most dominant, fighting, racing, arcade shooter, rpgs, adventure etc. Combined with the initial interest the games innovation has provided i guess, and the manner in which I am able to process frames and commit them to muscle memory so quickly and evolutionarily, is the embodiment of my video gaming skill itself. I am the best video game player overall that I know in person by far. Truly. I really fucking love good video games
                        Last edited by korny; 08-10-2013, 06:14 AM.

                        Comment

                        • Spenner
                          Forum User
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 2403

                          #27
                          Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

                          How self aware would you say you've become to this point?

                          What would you say is the most recent life-changing thing to have crossed your mind and/or body?

                          Comment

                          • korny
                            It's Saint Pepsi bitch
                            • May 2004
                            • 4385

                            #28
                            Re: korny AMA (korny's last words)

                            Mind=blown
                            Last edited by korny; 09-11-2013, 03:31 AM.

                            Comment

                            Working...