Re: Dr. Conrad Murray is GUILTY of Involuntary Manslaughter
"Emotions drive decisions more than facts. Both verdicts were determined by jurors. As our supposed peers, they ultimately decide the reasonableness of a defendant's actions. But jurors are also human beings, and as such make some decisions based on fact and others on emotion. Though I'm no expert on either trial, I wonder whether Casey Anthony appeared more sympathetic than Conrad Murray. Did the jurors relate more to the young single mother than to the womanizing doctor portrayed as using Michael Jackson to improve his social life?"
This is another thing I read that further helps my case (which was also a quote). Was the verdict based on evidence, or based on emotions?
Anthony had a fair bit of evidence against her, but a good chunk of people (Important note: NOT THE MAJORITY) based their opinion on one moment in the courtroom. ANOTHER QUOTE (This time from a non-professional):
"Casey is innocent. There was this one part in the trial where they played a video of her and Caylee....She cried.
I don't know who killed Caylee but it wasn't her mother."
On the other hand, Murray was viewed as a murderer of a beloved pop icon (who was stripped of that status for the years before his death after false child rape claims and what could be viewed as "disturbing" behavior), and got no sympathy because of particularly who he killed.
"Emotions drive decisions more than facts. Both verdicts were determined by jurors. As our supposed peers, they ultimately decide the reasonableness of a defendant's actions. But jurors are also human beings, and as such make some decisions based on fact and others on emotion. Though I'm no expert on either trial, I wonder whether Casey Anthony appeared more sympathetic than Conrad Murray. Did the jurors relate more to the young single mother than to the womanizing doctor portrayed as using Michael Jackson to improve his social life?"
This is another thing I read that further helps my case (which was also a quote). Was the verdict based on evidence, or based on emotions?
Anthony had a fair bit of evidence against her, but a good chunk of people (Important note: NOT THE MAJORITY) based their opinion on one moment in the courtroom. ANOTHER QUOTE (This time from a non-professional):
"Casey is innocent. There was this one part in the trial where they played a video of her and Caylee....She cried.
I don't know who killed Caylee but it wasn't her mother."
On the other hand, Murray was viewed as a murderer of a beloved pop icon (who was stripped of that status for the years before his death after false child rape claims and what could be viewed as "disturbing" behavior), and got no sympathy because of particularly who he killed.
Comment