College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Aldentron
    Forum User
    • Jul 2007
    • 828

    #31
    Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

    I find the simple idea of monetary, or even representative value, is against human nature. I believe in the 3 necessities of life: Food, water, and shelter. If money is needed to obtain these things, then money is denying my right to live. Money is just a false necessity, and the more you have, the less you need. Nobody wants to be needy. And I think that the "happiness" you feel is just because you are satisfied that you don't have to live in fear of being needy.

    On that same note, the creation of money also prompted the creation of debt. How you could obtain joy from something so restricting is oblivious to me.
    Originally posted by top
    what the hell happened to alden
    i remember a time when he wuz kewl

    like... wut

    Comment

    • cry4eternity
      ~ added for cuteness
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2007
      • 979

      #32
      Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

      I've completed 2 years and haven't had to pay anything yet due to grants and scholarships. In fact, I've received over $1500 in refunds from unused textbook money allowed by those grants . Where's the scam?

      I'm retired

      Comment

      • Stewie7Griffin
        FFR Veteran
        • Jun 2006
        • 191

        #33
        Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

        I don't believe all colleges are rip offs, although my was. In the long run though, it paid off. I have a GED so I wasn't able to join the Army. After I found out my college ripped me off, I was pissed. Until I found out that I could join the Army with the credits I obtained from said college. In the long run, it enabled me to join the Army.
        FMO FC's: 7
        The Divine Suicide of K [Heavy]
        Hajnal
        Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival
        Epidermis
        Strangeprogram
        Choprite
        Novo Mundo

        Could've swore I FC'd Thrash, but according to level stats it says I have 1 miss....

        Comment

        • Reincarnate
          x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
          • Nov 2010
          • 6332

          #34
          Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

          The fact that the makers of this video are your typical "DUMP EVERYTHING INTO GOLD AND SILVER PREPARE FOR THE DECLINE OF THE DOLLAR!!!1111" idiots is also very telling.

          People don't realize that currency markets are forward-looking. Future estimations are already being taken into account. If the dollar were really going to plummet so hardcore, you could go make a killing in the foreign currency markets. But people aren't because they can't. We've taken some heavy hits but it's not like we're going to be put out on the streets unless we own gold and silver, lmfao. Retarded.

          Comment

          • speeddemon
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2004
            • 404

            #35
            Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

            Scare tactics video is stupid bullshit, imo. Worked decently enough on me until i gave myself the day to think it over. A lot of the things they try to say are just garbage. Sure, 70% of people have a degree, but that's all the more reason for you to get one, not the other way. If you're one of the 30% do you really think it will make no difference? Obviously it isn't overly difficult to get one, so what's your excuse? You'd be putting yourself at such a large disadvantage, it's ridiculous. So **** them and all their couches. Hard.

            Comment

            • ddrfeline
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2006
              • 49

              #36
              Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

              College is definitely worth it. If you're too worried about loans or whatever, go to your community college...though you don't get a 4-year degree, you can a 2-year and the education is JUST AS GOOD as the more expensive colleges/universities. I so far have ~$5,000 in loans after 2 years at my community college. I think another year and I can get my associates. Then I can pursue a bachelor degree later down the road if I want (I probably will). Invest wisely, because education can never be taken away.
              BLUESKYBLACKDEATH

              Comment

              • Duplica
                FFR Player
                • Feb 2011
                • 205

                #37
                Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

                I've never heard of education being that expensive ._. university here is $5,200 per year, and for some longer courses that can last up to 7 years they will pay you to do research as part of your course, thus paying off your tuition.

                I payed $2,600 for a one year course in college. After graduating, I got a $16/h job that included a pension and healthcare. It's not about education anymore, it's about your own skills as a person.

                Maybe college in America works differently, but here even if you're studying to become a lawyer, it's absolutely possible to cover at least half of the cost by working part-time or full-time during summer breaks. I think it's just people being really bad with money letting their debt go out of hand and then blame the government and conspire against education fraud.
                Last edited by Duplica; 05-16-2011, 02:25 PM.
                u look like shit

                Comment

                • MopeyJoe
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 431

                  #38
                  Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

                  "Schools only care about earning money."

                  If that were the case, why have I actually learned stuff?

                  Also, involving the part in teaching how to use the internet and own a small business, that is what electives in high schools are for. Maybe not so much the internet part, mainly because a lot of kids around my age I know, know how to use the internet, but I do know there are classes that teach kids to get good business skills.

                  And the part involving the slight altering of text books. That is because there is new information that is added or information is being changed to more accurate. Or even fixing typos in a book. If publishers didn't fix typos, that would be like computer companies not updating their software even if they know there are bugs in the software.
                  So I've returned. Maybe I can stick around for awhile.

                  Comment

                  • A2P
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 3127

                    #39
                    Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

                    So, what should I do

                    Comment

                    • A2P
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 3127

                      #40
                      Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

                      should I just admit that i'm a dumbass and move on

                      Comment

                      • MopeyJoe
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 431

                        #41
                        Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

                        Originally posted by A2P
                        should I just admit that i'm a dumbass and move on
                        Yes, because regardless of what you may have thought about while you were learning what you did in school, it was all a fake just so the government can get a quick buck that they are going to give to China.

                        /sarcasm except for that last part about China
                        So I've returned. Maybe I can stick around for awhile.

                        Comment

                        • darkshark
                          Nothing.
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 4189

                          #42
                          Re: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

                          Pretty much what rubix said, college is just that "push" that you need to get going in that right direction. ALL of the information they're teaching you is widely available on the internet, you just have to be persistent enough to find and learn it.

                          I'm part of the minority that made that push without college. I have a very aggressive and competitive mindset when it comes to this sort of thing. I tend to always push myself to try and be better than everyone else I come in contact with. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing socially, but it's resulted in one hell of a steep learning path that I've been able to plow through. If you've got anywhere near this sort of mindset, you likely will do perfectly fine without college.

                          Comment

                          Working...