The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • psychoangel691
    Retired Staff
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2004
    • 10438

    #16
    Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

    VISUOSPATIAL WORKING MEMORY STRATEGY - 8.0 Top 37.3%
    VERBAL REASONING - 29.0 TOP 1.1 %
    FOCUSED ATTENTION - 54.0 TOP 3.4 %
    DEDUCTIVE REASONING - 12.0 TOP 31.8%
    WORKING MEMORY - 7.0 TOP 16.9%
    MENTAL ROTATION - 101.0 TOP 35%
    VISUAL ATTENTION - 169.0 TOP 10.2%
    VERBAL WORKING MEMORY - 8.0 TOP 28.4%
    PLANNING - 34.0 TOP 17.0%
    PAIRED ASSOCIATES - 6.0 TOP 30.2%
    VISUOSPATIAL PROCESSING - 60.0 TOP 30.9%
    SPATIAL WORKING MEMORY- 9.0 TOP 22.8%


    I'll probably try this again tomorrow when I'm not half asleep and easily distracted lol.
    Originally posted by Charu
    My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
    Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

    Comment

    • TC_Halogen
      Rhythm game specialist.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2008
      • 19376

      #17
      Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

      my cussing ruined her scores



      not joking

      Comment

      • Mulie
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2009
        • 190

        #18
        Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

        VISUOSPATIAL WORKING MEMORY STRATEGY - 8.0 - Top 37.3%
        VERBAL REASONING - 22.0 - TOP 10.3 %
        FOCUSED ATTENTION - 53.0 - TOP 3.8 %
        DEDUCTIVE REASONING - 11.0 - TOP 40.2%
        WORKING MEMORY - 7.0 - TOP 16.9%
        MENTAL ROTATION - 120.0 - TOP 20.0%
        VISUAL ATTENTION - 132.0 - TOP 39.2%
        VERBAL WORKING MEMORY - 11.0 - TOP 2.0%
        PLANNING - 13.0 - TOP 76.3%
        PAIRED ASSOCIATES - 4.0 - TOP 69.8%
        VISUOSPATIAL PROCESSING - 108.0 - TOP 1.2%
        SPATIAL WORKING MEMORY- 8.0 - TOP 33.7%

        Woops, noticed I'd put the mean score on _many categories_ when comparing scores.
        Apparently I suck at organizing my thoughts. No big surprise, but...
        Last edited by Mulie; 11-11-2010, 05:21 AM.

        Comment

        • MrRubix
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2026
          • 8340

          #19
          Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

          Reach: PAO is Person Action Object. You could also probably use a form of the journey method, but PAO worked well for me here. Instead of just memorizing paths, I memorized the numbers in order from upper left to lower right using 0 for my blank spaces. The idea is this:

          1 = A
          2 = B
          3 = C
          etc, which I felt was appropriate here since the max was 25 (therefore I could use this list up to Y and use 0 for Z). You take things in chunks of three, and associate the first element of the chunk with a person, the second an action, and third an object. For example:

          13 2 5 6 21 8 becomes (M B E)(F U H) which is easier to remember as (Mufasa banging an Easteregg) (Frankenstein upchucking on the hotdog)

          Memorizing two very vivid images is a lot easier than trying to remember 6 numbers -- so you cut down the distinct elements to memorize a third of what you'd normally need, and in a format that is easier to recall. The human brain can only remember so many distinct elements in short-term memory before it starts tripping up. Like you, without heuristics, I'd probably start getting hazy around 10. But using various forms of chunking systems to appeal to other memory structures that are embedded in the long-term memory already makes for an easier approach to handling larger amounts of content.

          In my blindfold cube solving video from a few years back, I use PAO for permuting the edges (the last fourth of my solve or so).

          The only tricky part about applying it here to this Cambridge thing is that you still have to click things in order, so you basically have to search through your memorized images for either a person, action, or object that starts with A, then a PAO that starts with B, etc, but it doesn't take that long at all.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

          Comment

          • Reach
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2003
            • 7471

            #20
            Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

            Very nice. Impressive cube solve.

            I'm not familiar with this type of chunking technique specifically, which is funny given I ran a neuroscientific study using memory mnemonics once, but it looks like it would work incredibly well. I've put some time into being able to use the method of loci before, but that's about it.

            Ran through the tests a second time ignoring the memory tasks:

            I redid Visual Attention and got 272, top 0.1%. I feel like this was essentially a perfect run. Couldn't improve much without guessing to give myself some extra time. Managed to get up to 20/20 difficult on deductive reasoning, and 92 in Planning (Top 0.1%)
            Last edited by Reach; 11-11-2010, 08:18 AM.

            Comment

            • Iam90
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2010
              • 97

              #21
              Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

              improved my DEDUCTIVE REASONING to 31.8% and i doubt i can get it better than that - I'm just terrible at the pattern recognition, lol. improved WORKING MEMORY to 16.9%, improved VERBAL WORKING MEMORY to 14%, improved PLANNING to 56.4%, improved PAIRED ASSOCIATES to a whopping 0.2%, improved VISUOSPATIAL PROCESSING to 2.4%, and finally improved SPATIAL WORKING MEMORY (now that i actually used a non faulty mouse) to 0.2%.

              think thats about as good as my abilities get on this test now that i truly concentrated, so i'm not bothering to retake

              Comment

              • who_cares973
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2006
                • 15407

                #22
                Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

                I'm still improving with every retake just haven't posted anything. Once I cap I'll go ahead and make another post with results

                Comment

                • Reach
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jun 2003
                  • 7471

                  #23
                  Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

                  If you want to retake the tasks, you should go here: http://www.cambridgebrainsciences.co...?fbc_channel=1

                  You can sign up to save your scores.

                  The reason is that these scores represent scores from people that have taken the test multiple times, whereas the first test is normalized to first time performances.

                  As such, the scores you get from this link will be a better representation of where you stand against people that are also retaking the test.

                  Comment

                  • foilman8805
                    smoke wheat hail satin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 5704

                    #24
                    Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

                    VISUOSPATIAL WORKING MEMORY STRATEGY - TOP 5.6%
                    VERBAL REASONING - TOP 17%
                    FOCUSED ATTENTION - TOP 60.3%
                    DEDUCTIVE REASONING - TOP 24.2%
                    WORKING MEMORY - TOP 4.8%
                    MENTAL ROTATION - TOP 13%
                    VISUAL ATTENTION - TOP 2.5%
                    VERBAL WORKING MEMORY - TOP 28.4%
                    PLANNING - TOP 56.4%
                    PAIRED ASSOCIATES - TOP 6.3%
                    VISUOSPATIAL PROCESSING - TOP 88.8% (lol)
                    SPATIAL WORKING MEMORY- TOP 22.8%

                    Cool test. I could definitely up every single score if I took it again.
                    Last edited by foilman8805; 11-12-2010, 02:35 PM.

                    Comment

                    • Iam90
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 97

                      #25
                      Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

                      my friend got 99% on deductive reasoning lmao

                      Comment

                      • tastelikepeaches
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 88

                        #26
                        Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

                        Visuospatial working memory strategy - top 4%
                        verbal reasoning - top 2%
                        focused attention - top 1%
                        deductive reasoning - top 6%
                        working memory - top 7%
                        mental rotation - top 2%
                        visual attention - top 1%
                        verbal working memory - top 3%
                        planning - top 3%
                        paired associates - top 8%
                        visuospatial processing - top 2%
                        spatial working memory- top 1%

                        i am the master

                        Comment

                        • A2P
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 3127

                          #27
                          Re: The 12 Pillars of Wisdom - Cambridge Brain Science

                          VISUOSPATIAL WORKING MEMORY STRATEGY - TOP 16.7%
                          VERBAL REASONING - TOP 56.4%
                          FOCUSED ATTENTION - TOP 69.8%
                          DEDUCTIVE REASONING - TOP 24.2%
                          WORKING MEMORY - TOP 4.8%
                          MENTAL ROTATION - TOP 93.5%
                          VISUAL ATTENTION - TOP 27.4%
                          VERBAL WORKING MEMORY - TOP 14.0%
                          PLANNING - TOP 9.0%
                          PAIRED ASSOCIATES - TOP 69.8%
                          VISUOSPATIAL PROCESSING - TOP 85.7%
                          SPATIAL WORKING MEMORY- TOP 22.8%

                          some of these scores are absolutely terrible :s

                          Comment

                          Working...