So I went to church tonight....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Grandiagod
    FFR Player
    • Jul 2004
    • 6122

    #91
    Re: So I went to church tonight....

    Originally posted by FaulkApsargs

    There is somewhat of a logical basis, though, because, according to modern science, the laws of thermodynamics can't be broken.
    if that's the basis of the argument, inventing a force that can break the laws of thermodynamics isn't how you go about solving the problem. If you could scientifically explain this force, or at least provide evidence to it's existence beyond it being an unsupported option in the arsenal of universe theories then it would have something of a platform to stand on. However right now it's essentially "We don't know how this can happen, so something above the laws of the universe had to make it happen." which isn't a terrible thought, but it's not supported by any evidence so it's not a good debate point.
    He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

    Comment

    • Necros140606
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2006
      • 1088

      #92
      Re: So I went to church tonight....

      Originally posted by eastsideman09
      SO... uh, I guess.... uh.... What's church like for you guys? If you don't go, why don't you go?
      do not want to read the entire thread so i'll just say that church is like god's shop. you go in there, and in exchange of your time and support, your "sins" are forgiven and your soul will be saved. now, look at those modern churches. they all try to look colored and shiny, with music, games, and such things. isn't this another merchandise? then look at the churches back in the middle ages. they were obscure, dark and squallid, since they didn't need people to choose them. people were forced in them by common sense and culture. of course, now that they can no longer force religion down your throat, they will try to appear as an happy, welcoming family. that's merely the result of a changement in the world, it's not like they do that because they want you to be happy. of all power installments of all time, church has done some of the most dreadful atrocities ever. and killed more people, directly and indirectly, than nazism did. however, people still think it's okay to forget about the past and they changed and blabla. then let's forget about the millions people killed by nazism and let's welcome them in our parliaments!!!! church is not the word of god (i don't think there's any god either but that's another story). bible is a myth book given for golden true. it's all so absurd than i can't picture myelf walking in a church even in the next ten billion years, just how i wouldn't picture myself being a nazi.

      Comment

      • who_cares973
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2006
        • 15407

        #93
        Re: So I went to church tonight....

        i went to church a couple months ago

        and apparently god stopped communism


        also
        Attached Files

        Comment

        • Necros140606
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2006
          • 1088

          #94
          Re: So I went to church tonight....

          Originally posted by who_cares973
          i went to church a couple months ago

          and apparently god stopped communism
          ....

          Comment

          • devonin
            Very Grave Indeed
            Community Manager
            Event Staff
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Apr 2004
            • 10120

            #95
            Re: So I went to church tonight....

            I'm torn between taking the time and effort involved in quoting about 30 posts in this thread and responding to all of them, or just locking this thread as ridiculous.

            Oh wait, it's in CC...

            Comment

            • robertsona
              missa in h-moll
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2006
              • 4000

              #96
              Re: So I went to church tonight....

              so does that mean neither

              Comment

              • devonin
                Very Grave Indeed
                Community Manager
                Event Staff
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Apr 2004
                • 10120

                #97
                Re: So I went to church tonight....

                Well, I was going to lock it, and then I was like "But a bunch of people are going to be whiners about it if I do"

                Comment

                • FaulkApsargs
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 22

                  #98
                  Re: So I went to church tonight....

                  Originally posted by Grandiagod
                  if that's the basis of the argument, inventing a force that can break the laws of thermodynamics isn't how you go about solving the problem. If you could scientifically explain this force, or at least provide evidence to it's existence beyond it being an unsupported option in the arsenal of universe theories then it would have something of a platform to stand on. However right now it's essentially "We don't know how this can happen, so something above the laws of the universe had to make it happen." which isn't a terrible thought, but it's not supported by any evidence so it's not a good debate point.
                  Well, it's universally agreed upon by historians that Jesus existed. The problem people have is in the way the records of his miracles (and the resurrection) are translated or interpreted. So, one could (and should if you want to be completely objective) use the historicity of the Bible for evidence (there is a HUGE 7 volume book that explains all the proof for the Bible that I could point you to, if you're interested). I'm not saying that I do, but one could.

                  And, if something does exist that breaks the laws of science, science won't be able to explain it. So, I think it's a perfectly fine topic of debate.

                  Comment

                  • robertsona
                    missa in h-moll
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 4000

                    #99
                    Re: So I went to church tonight....

                    Who cares really?
                    I don't exactly see the point of leaving this thread open. It will probably degenerate into religion babble like "ATHIEST SUCK" "NO U" but I guess you can just leave it open for now until it does that. If it doesn't do that, I'll be surprised.
                    In a way it kind of already has.
                    If you're forced to lock it, I just say ignore the whiners, who cares about them.
                    EDIT: To Devonin's post, obviously.
                    EDIT2: I guess people might be pissed off at me for posting this but boo-hoo screw you.

                    Comment

                    • MalReynolds
                      CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                      • Sep 2003
                      • 6571

                      #100
                      Re: So I went to church tonight....

                      Sometimes I like praying because I like thinking that someone is listening to my problems but choosing to ignore them because it's easier than just having no one to talk to and having my problems ignored anyway.
                      "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                      "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                      My new novel:

                      Maledictions: The Offering.

                      Now in Paperback!

                      Comment

                      • Xx{Midnight}xX
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 8548

                        #101
                        Re: So I went to church tonight....

                        Woah wait isn't this supposed to be about experiences sitting through church and not how to explain wheather the bible or evolution is correct?

                        Comment

                        • MalReynolds
                          CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 6571

                          #102
                          Re: So I went to church tonight....

                          craaaawwwwwllllliiinnnnng in my skiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn
                          "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                          "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                          My new novel:

                          Maledictions: The Offering.

                          Now in Paperback!

                          Comment

                          • CensorBar
                            FFR Player
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 5

                            #103
                            Re: So I went to church tonight....

                            [B]"Doesnt the Big Band Theory Disprove the Genesis account of Creation?
                            Try to think of any explosion that has produced order. Does a terrorist bomb create harmony? Bo, they cause chaos. How could a big bang produce apple trees, a rose, sunsets, the nose, and mouth? There is obviously creation involved. Evolutionists seem to me like theyre purposefully ignoring all the evidence that points towards it, like a detective who see's all the evidence for a murder yet still calls it a suicide.

                            Comment

                            • robertsona
                              missa in h-moll
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 4000

                              #104
                              Re: So I went to church tonight....

                              Originally posted by CensorBar
                              [B]"Doesnt the Big Band Theory Disprove the Genesis account of Creation?
                              Try to think of any explosion that has produced order. Does a terrorist bomb create harmony? Bo, they cause chaos. How could a big bang produce apple trees, a rose, sunsets, the nose, and mouth? There is obviously creation involved. Evolutionists seem to me like theyre purposefully ignoring all the evidence that points towards it, like a detective who see's all the evidence for a murder yet still calls it a suicide.
                              hahahahahahaha what
                              first, type in normal color, its a total bitch to see.
                              second wtf this doesn't make any sense.
                              Like...seriously?
                              EDIT: also it's big bang
                              EDIT2: also what evidence is there that some dude was like "dude im gonna create the universe and **** now."

                              Comment

                              • MalReynolds
                                CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                                • Sep 2003
                                • 6571

                                #105
                                Re: So I went to church tonight....

                                thessssssssseeeeeee woundsssssssss they willllllll not healllllllllll
                                "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                                "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                                My new novel:

                                Maledictions: The Offering.

                                Now in Paperback!

                                Comment

                                Working...