Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Phynx
    I'm Forever
    • Mar 2007
    • 3005

    #46
    Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

    Originally posted by KgZ
    rofl how is that being modest
    I gave myself that title after a friend told me it. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to have that as a flaunting device for my generosity. D: I've only meant to do good, but, you know, I'll just shut up about it and start charging credits for what I give out. I was only giving things away for free because I feel bad getting something in return for helping a site that is part of my life and that I've got many friends on. It's all good though. Maybe I have been flaunting things too much. Sorry Tass, you're right. :/
    Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

    Comment

    • Phynx
      I'm Forever
      • Mar 2007
      • 3005

      #47
      Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

      Originally posted by fido123
      In all serious KgZ, Phynx absolutely deserves that title. He gives so much to random people on the internet...seriously, I personally find that to be pointless but it just makes it all the more generous. He's given so much away and I think as a community we should repay him somehow.
      Nah, they're right. I can't give myself that title, regardless of how I got it. As for what I've done for people, it's nothing compared to Emerald, and now moreso, at least Emerald is modest with it and doesn't flaunt it like I have been doing.

      EDIT - Double post, sorry.
      Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

      Comment

      • EAGAMES
        Y0FACE!
        • Dec 2006
        • 4931

        #48
        Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

        Some people off the top of my head that deserve all the gratitude and appreciation, for they make our lives here in FFR so much more easier.

        Admins:

        Synthlight - I never see him around, but we all know he's doing everything possible to make the site grow.

        Jasonkey - Gives members subscriptions manually which must be a pain. Does other stuff...

        Tasselfoot - For taking the time to organize everything, to update many things, to inform the community of any changes/updates/events/etc... He's one of the kewlest admins.

        MalDON - If I'm not mistaken, he makes/fixes things around the site that doesn't have to do with Flash, and he's awesome.

        Summerschool - I don't know what he does around the site, but he wasn't turned into an admin for nothing. Also, he's usually in MP which protects us MP regulars from spammers.

        LD - He made our level ranks awesome.

        Xelius - Avmiss fix, but never got around to the Favorite genre/button.

        Mods:

        Devonin - His intellectual mind is law and brings order to CT.

        jimerax - In charge of song difficulties, tier point list. I think his stepfiles are, also, contributing to the growth of FFR. They're so amazing that make people want to play more. Not only that, but I think he's an inspiration to a lot of steppers. If I made some sims, I would think of jx and want to do my best.

        Guidohunter, Specforces, Omeganitros, Stretchypanda - I don't see them often, but I know they're always there... watching, especially in the forums.

        Sprite- - Usually in MP, and organizes the Official Tournament which means he spends the majority of his time updating.

        scottish - MP regular, keeping the peace and he's one of our awesome mods.

        Contributers (money wise or around the site):

        Phynx & Emerald000 - I wonder how much money they've spend on total for the happiness of countless members.

        HammyMCSquirrel - Tries to help out around the site when he can. He has a thread to make Tass job easier when inputing scores manually, and I don't know if he's still in charge of the Pseudo Skill Token thread. (The Pseudo ST thread doesn't really contribute to the community, but I think that should be recognized.)

        fido123 - After being nominated/winner in DotY thread, I see that he's changed and tries to contribute to multiple threads, though he does flame a bit. (I just saw him in this thread and decided to add him.)

        Anyone else?

        EDIT: Added color because it's fun.
        Last edited by EAGAMES; 09-2-2008, 08:39 PM.
        Removed a .gif image so your total signature size isn't well over 1MB. Keep this in mind for the future.
        5th Official FFR Tournament Scores (Division 5)
        Round 1: Novo Mundo (AAA)
        Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
        Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
        Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
        Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
        Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
        Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
        Originally posted by smartdude1212
        EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him

        Comment

        • Phynx
          I'm Forever
          • Mar 2007
          • 3005

          #49
          Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

          Originally posted by KgZ
          It's great that you donate so much to the site, however it's not about how much you contribute, but that fact that you put in the contribution at all, with heart. Every little contribution is just as important as the bigger contributions.
          You know, it sounds like you say that as if you don't know WHY I even began to contribute to the site and it's members. All I had wanted to do here was make people happy. I've got what I want in my normal life so I wanted to share my happiness with people here. If that's so bad then I'll stop. I'd rather not get something horribly wrong going against my character.

          Tass even knows this to be true. The only reason I told him as to why I am giving so much in my tournament and why I wanted a front page news post is because I wanted to give something more to the community and FFR and in doing I stirred up some fun competition. I never once gave him another reason as to why I am doing it. I never had another reason.
          Last edited by Phynx; 09-2-2008, 08:43 PM.
          Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

          Comment

          • ZiggyMcSquirrel
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2008
            • 120

            #50
            Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

            Originally posted by EAGAMES
            Jasonkey - Gives members subscriptions manually which must be a pain. Does other stuff...
            Manually adding subscriptions takes like 10 seconds with vbulletin. You just change the usergroup. There is an option on vBulletin [paid subscriptions] that automatically links with your paypal account, and auto subscribes you when you pay. The gift certificates can't take to long either, there is a few addons for this, directly linked with paypal, he is probably doing this a harder way.

            And I know this because I am a licensed vBulletin user.
            Originally posted by Tasselfoot
            i don't use speed mods.
            speed mods are for wimps and wussies who can't read 1x

            Comment

            • EAGAMES
              Y0FACE!
              • Dec 2006
              • 4931

              #51
              Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

              Hm, true, but just the fact that you have to input a lot of users is a pain and gets boring. Hasn't he been doing that for quite a while already?
              Removed a .gif image so your total signature size isn't well over 1MB. Keep this in mind for the future.
              5th Official FFR Tournament Scores (Division 5)
              Round 1: Novo Mundo (AAA)
              Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
              Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
              Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
              Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
              Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
              Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
              Originally posted by smartdude1212
              EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him

              Comment

              • pokelda
                ⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jun 2006
                • 3878

                #52
                Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                this thread is horrible

                Comment

                • fido123
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 4245

                  #53
                  Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                  Originally posted by ZiggyMcSquirrel
                  Manually adding subscriptions takes like 10 seconds with vbulletin. You just change the usergroup. There is an option on vBulletin [paid subscriptions] that automatically links with your paypal account, and auto subscribes you when you pay. The gift certificates can't take to long either, there is a few addons for this, directly linked with paypal, he is probably doing this a harder way.

                  And I know this because I am a licensed vBulletin user.
                  Thing is he does a lot more than that as far as I know...about as much as Synth.

                  And thanks EA games...even if I do tend to flame a lot...you're posts have been very good.

                  Comment

                  • revolutionomega
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 2240

                    #54
                    Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                    Originally posted by pokelda
                    this thread is horrible
                    qft. ffr is not a popularity contest. if you care that much admire urself in a mirror...
                    all the people mentioned are cool, end of story.
                    "AW MAN, WE SUCK AGAIN!"
                    - Rob Schneider, The Waterboy (1998)

                    Comment

                    • x After Dawn x
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 1613

                      #55
                      Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                      EAGOD takes the cake kthx.
                      Originally posted by Djr Rap dancer
                      Alcohol make peoples retard.
                      Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
                      Just take nicotine patch lol

                      Comment

                      • Shashakiro
                        TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 9082

                        #56
                        Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                        if you want staff... it's still me.
                        Synthlight?
                        4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                        Originally posted by Boogiebear
                        use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                        Comment

                        • sarahxjane
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 2109

                          #57
                          Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                          Does it really matter who we think has contributed the most?

                          Most of us have done something or another for the site.

                          It all adds up.
                          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                          whatever you do... don't **** a walros.
                          Originally posted by funmonkey54
                          *knock knock*
                          *opens door*
                          Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
                          Um, ok. May I help you?
                          Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

                          as of December 11th 2009.
                          Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #58
                            Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                            except you. :-p
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • sarahxjane
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 2109

                              #59
                              Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                              I have gotten 8 people to join, thank you very much sir.
                              Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                              whatever you do... don't **** a walros.
                              Originally posted by funmonkey54
                              *knock knock*
                              *opens door*
                              Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
                              Um, ok. May I help you?
                              Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

                              as of December 11th 2009.
                              Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos

                              Comment

                              • rzr
                                TWG Veteran
                                • Oct 2007
                                • 7608

                                #60
                                Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                                Footbull, your threads never fail to disappoint me.

                                P.S. Where's people like devonin, who brings a new perspective to everything? Or MalDON whose coding skills have helped shape the site? You shouldn't have made it a poll, you should have said who you like the most and asked who others like the most.

                                Originally posted by darkshark
                                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                                Originally posted by aperson
                                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                                Originally posted by Sprite-
                                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                                Comment

                                Working...