does anyone know of a way to make vista not lag?
Collapse
X
-
Re: does anyone know of a way to make vista not lag?
Reformat to XP, turn off unnecessary background programs, obtain more RAM etc.
I've been running Vista for more than a year now so I'm pretty much used to the timing for FFR and StepMania now. Though I'd prefer playing on an XP computer anyday.
And as Tera mentioned, you could attempt to fix the keyboard drivers issue with Vista however that involves diving into system files and altering it which risks losing your data and could potentially damage your computer. I'm not daring enough to try this method because I know I'll end up ****ing myself over if I try, rofl.Comment
-
Re: does anyone know of a way to make vista not lag?
If your on a laptop do some research before downgrading as some drivers/hardware may not be compatible with XP at all. I looked into it when I was going to do it to my Grandfathers and it turns out a lot of the hardware would not work with XP. You should probably call whoever you bought your laptop off of.
Also I hate this idea that RAM is the only thing that makes your computer faster. All RAM does is allow you to do more with your computer by it storing it in the RAM rather than the hardrive which would give you some lag as it takes longer to get data off of there rather than your RAM. To run Vista well I suggest
- 2GB DDR2 RAM
- 2.2 GHz Duel Core Processor (May vary due to architecture of CPU)
- A business class video card, can pick one up for about $60 but this can't be done in most laptops as the graphics accelerator is soldered on the motherboard.
Also Vista doesn't suck its just when you use a OS that uses more resources it will obviously make your computer slower. It's like saying XP sucks because Windows ME is faster.Comment
-
Re: does anyone know of a way to make vista not lag?
Define "lags".
Is the animation lagging? It might not be your RAM. It might be your video card or it might be the special features Vista has to make things pretty, AKA Aero. Which I suggested disabling several posts ago.
Is the entire computer slow? If so you got a pretty terrible laptop because 2 gigs of RAM and a 3.4 core 2 is more than enough to run Vista.
Also you don't have DDRAM. You have DDR2 SDRAM.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: does anyone know of a way to make vista not lag?
http://www.google.com/search?q=how+do+i+turn+off+aeroComment
-
Re: does anyone know of a way to make vista not lag?
i used highandroid's method and it actually helped my vista a bit. though first time i tried it i lost all keyboard input for vista. as long as you follow everything exactly... also i find using FF3 much better than IE7. much less laggy and better scoresComment
-
-
Re: does anyone know of a way to make vista not lag?
Then what OS will start up the computer. As well Fido and everyone else have said, It is better to downgrade to XP. Make sure you check your drivers before downgrading though.Comment
-
Re: does anyone know of a way to make vista not lag?
Delete all that porn you got or at least upload it to an external.
My simfilez ----
:
Comment
-
Re: does anyone know of a way to make vista not lag?
Some manufactures aren't making xp drivers with newer models of desk and laptop(XP SERVICE IS ENDING). And if you get XP late with all its vulnerabilities and no windows update you're probably screwed.
If push comes to shove trying a linux distro isn't that bad.

Comment


Comment