My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GamerShadow
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2005
    • 2534

    #16
    Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

    I am one to really beat myself up if I regret something I have done, or something I wasn't able to accomplish. For example, if I don't get a time that I am aiming for in XC/Track, I will be angry/depressed for the next few hours, and I will reflect on what I could have done better and what I did wrong. And that is quite a minor thing. I expect a lot of myself, and unless I achieve and exceed my expectations, I will not be happy. Achievement at the minimum level for me makes me content, but not in a state of joy.

    Quite a few of the above posters have mentioned wanting to change a decision that has involved girls/relationships. I'm sure you have different specific reasons, but why do you say that? I am curious to know if the general reasoning matches what I think.

    By the way, OP, great job at making this thread one that is not too thought provoking, but one that requires you to jog your memory and use your brain a little bit. I think it is the balance that you are looking for. =)
    Last edited by GamerShadow; 01-5-2008, 04:17 PM.
    Note to self Finish.

    Comment

    • Finger Fcker
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2008
      • 3

      #17
      Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

      I thought this when I took my mustang out for a cruise with 3 other friends in the car. I almost killed all of them, stupidly, (though I came the closest to dying). Now I have no car and my insurance skyrocketed. I almost want to say this never happened, but if I leave that regret in my mind, then for future references things could happen for the worse, whether it be a car accident, or whatever. I thought to myself...is it worth the regret?

      My answer is yes. It's worth a regret, because you can't predict the future... You can always regret doing something, especially if it's stupid... and at the same time you can look back and learn from your experience. You can always turn a regret into a learning experience, otherwise you wouldn't regret it.

      Comment

      • Kekeb
        davai
        • Dec 2006
        • 2765

        #18
        Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

        I regret that i stopped playing soccer.
        And when I stopped keeping in contact with my best friend that moved.
        There isn't much else that I really regret... I haven't lived long.
        Although at the same time sometimes you have to learn to let go of something. When i stopped playing soccer i had time for friends and school.
        Something i do not regret at all is picking up the sport of aggressive inline. It brought me and another buddy closer together, and I met some new people.
        Last edited by Kekeb; 01-5-2008, 04:57 PM.

        Comment

        • Hylian
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2004
          • 314

          #19
          Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

          Originally posted by GamerShadow
          I am one to really beat myself up if I regret something I have done, or something I wasn't able to accomplish. For example, if I don't get a time that I am aiming for in XC/Track, I will be angry/depressed for the next few hours, and I will reflect on what I could have done better and what I did wrong. And that is quite a minor thing. I expect a lot of myself, and unless I achieve and exceed my expectations, I will not be happy. Achievement at the minimum level for me makes me content, but not in a state of joy.

          Quite a few of the above posters have mentioned wanting to change a decision that has involved girls/relationships. I'm sure you have different specific reasons, but why do you say that? I am curious to know if the general reasoning matches what I think.

          By the way, OP, great job at making this thread one that is not too thought provoking, but one that requires you to jog your memory and use your brain a little bit. I think it is the balance that you are looking for. =)

          Thanks . I felt I had to make up for the horrible thread I made the other day XD.


          Comment

          • Syhto
            BuMP it
            • Mar 2006
            • 2466

            #20
            Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

            It used to be that I didn't regret things past a certain point in time, but I've learned to not regret things at all. You can't know what a certain event in your life could have caused you to obtain, or lose. Something can seem completely terrible, with no good side, but I've learned that in most cases that isn't true. I've come to accept that there's most always a silver lining. No matter how far off it may be. I don't use that for comfort purposes, I just see it as a truth. That doesn't mean you can't be sad about something that happened, or that you can't wish it had happened a bit differently. Acceptance comes with time.

            Regret is just a natural part of life. But people can change their minds. If it weren't for all of the bad events in my life up to this point, things I used to regret, I wouldn't be with who I am today. I wouldn't be WHO I am today. I can't say that if they hadn't happened I'd be a better person, or a happier person. I'm just saying that I'm not willing to change the past and take that chance.

            I'd rather just strive to have a better future.
            Originally posted by ~jrodd
            keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
            Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
            I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

            Comment

            • Hylian
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2004
              • 314

              #21
              Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

              Originally posted by Syhto
              It used to be that I didn't regret things past a certain point in time, but I've learned to not regret things at all. You can't know what a certain event in your life could have caused you to obtain, or lose. Something can seem completely terrible, with no good side, but I've learned that in most cases that isn't true. I've come to accept that there's most always a silver lining. No matter how far off it may be. I don't use that for comfort purposes, I just see it as a truth. That doesn't mean you can't be sad about something that happened, or that you can't wish it had happened a bit differently. Acceptance comes with time.

              Regret is just a natural part of life. But people can change their minds. If it weren't for all of the bad events in my life up to this point, things I used to regret, I wouldn't be with who I am today. I wouldn't be WHO I am today. I can't say that if they hadn't happened I'd be a better person, or a happier person. I'm just saying that I'm not willing to change the past and take that chance.

              I'd rather just strive to have a better future.
              Well said .


              Comment

              • shade11
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2004
                • 373

                #22
                Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

                If I regret anything, then I would not be able to learn from it.

                Comment

                • Hylian
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 314

                  #23
                  Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

                  Originally posted by shade11
                  If I regret anything, then I would not be able to learn from it.
                  Sure about that ?


                  Comment

                  • Promises
                    FFR Player
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 10

                    #24
                    Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

                    n_n
                    I won't even get started with regrets
                    <3
                    You stand before me crying,
                    let alone dying,
                    saying that you're done trying
                    i do believe you're lying.
                    And here you stand
                    reaching for my hand
                    you call yourself a man?
                    lying face down in the sand
                    I'm leaving you to be
                    the failure you think of me
                    i hope this makes you see
                    you were never free.

                    <3

                    Comment

                    • Tokzic
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 6878

                      #25
                      Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

                      Originally posted by DA GUADIANZZZZ
                      Everything I regret, I wish I hadn't done...
                      this is like saying "Everything that I've eaten, it has gone into my stomach..."

                      congratulations, you know what "regret" means, you pass second grade

                      Originally posted by Promises
                      n_n
                      I won't even get started with regrets
                      <3
                      so basically you made a post declaring that you don't have anything to say

                      HURRRRR

                      next time you don't have anything worthwhile to say, just keep your mouth shut
                      Last edited by Tokzic; 01-7-2008, 11:02 PM.

                      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                      Comment

                      • FishFishRevolution
                        GotR Creator
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 7251

                        #26
                        Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

                        Yeah I regret dating this one chick I dated in high school because I was a huge dick to my other friends at the time and the entire ordeal was really selfish. However, I'm not sure I'd want to change it because of how much I learned from the experience. If I hadn't done that, I might be making worse mistakes now and being a more huge dick without learning anything about bitches.

                        Comment

                        • Hylian
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 314

                          #27
                          Re: My attempt at a good thread, but not so good it has to be in critical thinking.

                          Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
                          Yeah I regret dating this one chick I dated in high school because I was a huge dick to my other friends at the time and the entire ordeal was really selfish. However, I'm not sure I'd want to change it because of how much I learned from the experience. If I hadn't done that, I might be making worse mistakes now and being a more huge dick without learning anything about bitches.
                          Hahaha that was put interestingly. Girls usually always come with regrets it seems.


                          Comment

                          Working...