IS it better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • flipsta_lombax
    Lombax Connoisseur
    • May 2006
    • 2556

    #16
    Re: IS it better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all?

    Originally posted by Hylian
    Life is the longest thing you will ever do... I don't know how that qualifies as "Short".

    ^_^
    Maybe "short" as in a one-time thing only. It happens only once for everyone, so why waste any opportunity?
    Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

    Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

    Comment

    • Goldenwind
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2006
      • 762

      #17
      Re: IS it better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all?

      Originally posted by Lambda
      I also don't think you can even get close to calculating a reasonable expected value for the future worth of such an endeavor since there are so many variables at work; can you really estimate how happy a particular relationship would make you if you haven't experienced it?
      I was using math (And gambling) as another way to express what I meant by common small hits, versus rare huge benefits, and trying to figure out if something is worth it in the end by gauging those. Feelings have almost nothing to do with numbers, but in general you can still figure if something is worth it (At least for you, or the average).

      Originally posted by devonin
      Originally posted by gabgabo
      It's better to love and loose instead of never loving at all. Experience makes it better. Also, shouldn't this go in Critical Thinking?
      It was moved -from- critical thinking for not being critical or thinky enough.
      At least my thread was worthy enough of CT that others consider it such, even if in the end it wasn't. I respect you for doing your job, though, devonin.

      Originally posted by All_That_Chaz
      ...it's a long story you can pm/aim me if you care to hear it.
      I'm quite interested. I'll get right on that ^^;

      Originally posted by AntiGov
      Why do you want to know other people's opinions instead of trying to find out for yourself?
      Heh... see, I am trying to find out for myself. That's why I'm here ; to ask questions, and bounce thoughts off of people, see what others think. Lonliness has been eating away at me for a long while now, on top of some moderate hits I've taken from past relationships.

      Similar to All_That_Chaz, however, I actually met someone who I can honestly call "perfect", by my standards. Issue is I didn't take the opportunity when I had it a year ago, and she's taken now. Everyone else seems subpar now.

      Those negatives, thinking of this girl again, and some other events, are what have made me start pondering these things again. I'm simply interested in what you all have to say

      Originally posted by DrugstoreCowboy
      all i have to say is that i love your way with words and way of thinking goldenwind!
      You made me smile - thanks

      Originally posted by Rubin0
      A broken heart is a beautiful thing.
      An interesting and artsy concept, one which I've never thought about before. Can I ask you to elaborate, or are we leaving this one to my imagination? :P
      Last edited by Goldenwind; 11-28-2007, 12:38 AM.
      They say there's a sun in the sky...

      Comment

      • Nyokou
        ( ̄ー ̄)
        • Apr 2005
        • 4247

        #18
        Re: IS it better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all?

        It really is, I agree. It's a beautiful thing to see someone experiencing actual emotional loss for the first time, or over and over because it's building them.. making them grow, mature, wisen up. It's splendid. :]
        Snapchat: icequeenilse

        Comment

        Working...