So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DarkManticoreX2
    TWG Overlord
    • Apr 2005
    • 7355

    #61
    Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

    Originally posted by GamerShadow
    Manti: I have to call BS. Treadmills are a lot different than roads or grass
    Yes, Treadmills, even when the grade is elevated, (which is what I used to compensate for lack of resistance), offer almost no resistance (as compared to roads or grass) on the base grade (0.0). It's just a flat out run for 20 minutes. Which is why I raised the elevation of the treadmill to 7.5 Which *gasp* is uphill

    Originally posted by GamerShadow
    Also, you would have never been able to do that straight through.
    I never claimed to, but you know that since you wrote this:

    Originally posted by GamerShadow
    You said you took not one, but two breaks, each at least 30 seconds long.
    Correct, one break was about 30 seconds long to tie my shoe, and the second one was somewhere around 2 minutes long (give or take), which was more than ample time for me to catch my breath, I'll give you that. Both of those times though the program was put on pause. thus it was not still going while I was doing these activities.

    Like I said. The total time I spent running was 20:00. If you want to be completley semantic, add the 2 and 1/2 minutes i had to tie my shoe and take a dump to the total, and omit the 2 tenths of a mile for 22:30. Still a good run.
    AAA's = 800

    Originally posted by V
    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

    Comment

    • korny
      It's Saint Pepsi bitch
      • May 2004
      • 4385

      #62
      Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

      i dunno man. even if it was downhill or flatland. getting close to 4 miles in even a little over 20 minutes seems improbably unless you're the track star of your county.

      Comment

      • OrganisM
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2006
        • 2644

        #63
        Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

        It was still a bull**** original post, because you didn't mention anything about treadmills in the OP. You said you ran uphill for about four miles in 20 minutes, which does not explicitly imply a treadmill, and is obviously going to be taken as "outside".
        .

        Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
        "If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
        because the venom gets into the blood stream which
        spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
        changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

        Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."


        Originally Posted by
        MrRubix[link]:
        "Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

        Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
        "My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."

        Comment

        • vashthestampede0987
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2004
          • 2997

          #64
          Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

          Corey wins thread. Everyone kill yourselves.
          Omega owes me [1] omega favor
          I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


          Originally posted by Synthlight
          I hate myself.

          Cheers,

          Synthlight
          xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
          xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

          Comment

          • DivynE
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2007
            • 342

            #65
            Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

            EDIT: YEAH it is fun preparing for basketball season

            are you sure 4 miles?

            i'm an endurance person in running and my best 4 mile was


            1st mile: 5:49
            2nd mile:6:12
            3rd mile: 6:48
            4th mile: (lol sweat got into my eye, i'm not sure if this one is entirely correct) 7:50

            If you got 20 minutes, then you must have stayed at a 5 minute pace for a full 4 miles running uphill (which is hard to believe), of started so darn fast (3-4 minutes) that you cut off time from the end when you slowed down (which is hard to believe too).

            Plus my four miles weren't even uphill. damn

            Comment

            • bballa48
              FFR Veteran
              • Jan 2007
              • 1496

              #66
              Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

              Originally posted by MagicCarpetRide
              What do you consider the "top?"
              Top 3 for Cross Country

              #1 returner in track 2 mile

              So I am not trying to be rude or sound superior or anything, but I am dead serious when I say you really did not do what you think. Running is one of the most consistent sports-- you don't just suddenly run a ridiculous time. To put it in FFR terms, it is like someone playing the game for a week and then AAA'ing BB Evolution. It just won't happen.
              "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
              Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

              Comment

              • dawg4321
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2005
                • 1913

                #67
                Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

                it wasn't a 20 minute 5k what manti ran. it was 4 miles. 5k is only like a little more than three miles....meaning you'd be like somewhere around 24 to 25 minutes.


                Comment

                • DarkManticoreX2
                  TWG Overlord
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 7355

                  #68
                  Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

                  would a 22:30 be better for you dawg? add in the breaks and thats about what it comes to.

                  give or take 15 seconds.
                  AAA's = 800

                  Originally posted by V
                  Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                  Comment

                  • dAnceguy117
                    new hand moves = dab
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10103

                    #69
                    Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

                    I don't think Manti is outright lying in any way. I have to assume the distance calculators on treadmills are inaccurate in some way.

                    Run a 6400 on a track (lane 3 please thanks) and tell us what your time is. Maybe. If you feel like it.

                    Comment

                    • T3hDDRKid
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 754

                      #70
                      Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

                      I can do four miles in 27 minutes on grass, in cleats. He already said he did ~3.8 miles, and I believe he could have done that on a treadmill. Dunno why it's such a big deal, anyway.
                      Originally posted by MalReynolds
                      it just goes with what I said

                      what brought this country together?

                      desegregation

                      we need to segregate again so we can DEsegregate and everyone will feel good again

                      let's start with baseball

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #71
                        Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

                        Originally posted by T3hDDRKid
                        I can do four miles in 27 minutes on grass, in cleats. He already said he did ~3.8 miles, and I believe he could have done that on a treadmill. Dunno why it's such a big deal, anyway.
                        5 minute mile != barely sub-7 mile

                        Comment

                        • lumphoboextreme
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Jan 2005
                          • 8592

                          #72
                          Re: So I just ran ~4 miles in 20 minutes

                          back when i was a runner in 8th grade i could run a 5:30 mile, i was the second fastest kid in the school. and im supposed to believe you ran faster than that for 4 miles straight? >_>

                          Comment

                          Working...