So part of my retina detached today...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • super-smashman
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2004
    • 2638

    #16
    Re: So part of my retina detached today...

    Those Advil Liquid gels used to work for me but now they don't do ****.

    Comment

    • jamuko
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2004
      • 1083

      #17
      Re: So part of my retina detached today...

      Wait, so what happened exactly? The doctors all said it was fine and it really did end up just going away on its own?
      ♪~
      Always Happy! Smile! Hello!
      I like delicious things
      I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
      So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
      There's lots of happiness in my pocket
      So let's play forever~

      Comment

      • Tasuke
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2003
        • 1671

        #18
        Re: So part of my retina detached today...

        What if you weren't all fina and dandy, and now there're aliens incubating
        in the little gaps behind your eyes and soo they will hatch causing your
        eyes to shoot out of their sockets, while millions of little alien babies climb
        from your unoccupied eye holes! better sprau acid behind you eyes to get
        rid of them. It'll sting for a little bit, but it's for the best. Trust me, I've
        seen it happen dozens of times.

        Comment

        • Jello
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2007
          • 612

          #19
          Re: So part of my retina detached today...

          You think thats bad? I have 2 WAY worse problems then that

          Meniers Disease (hearing problem)
          Crohns Disease (Digestive tract problem)

          Meniers disease is basically a problem called Tinnitus except worse.
          I hear loud ringing noises constantly. its not treatable and will only get worse with age. as you get older you lose the ability to hear higher frequencies.
          I hear around 5 different frequencies. all the time. never going away.

          they range from 10 khz - 20 khz and they are the most annoying things ever when there is no background noise.

          I cant sleep at night if i dont have my ipod playing. And even with that i still hear the ringing, its just easier to sleep if i concentrate of the music.

          as i write this i am playing loud music, yet i still hear the ringing.
          I actually went to the Audiologist today to check if i had any hearing loss.
          luckily i dont.

          but with age ill lose the ability to hear high frequencies (just like all people) EXCEPT tinnitus is the damage of hair cells in the Cochlea which transmit a signal to the nerves in your head which go to the brain and are interpreted as sound. These damaged cells create standing waves in your brain basically. so even if i cant hear the frequencies in ordinary sound. ill hear them in my head. forever.

          this problem can make you go insane literally. and i dont know how ive managed to fight it for so long.

          2ndly i have Crohns Disease.

          I was hospitalized in october for EXTREME pain in my abdomen.

          I didnt know i had crohns at all. My colon had swelled up to the size of a pop can (between the first third and second third of my colon). Doctors were surprised that i didnt die from it actually. i was surprised too lol. i ignored the extreme pain for a week and finally had to go. i couldnt take it anymore.

          i had a billion blood tests (every 3 hours), X-rays, a catscan, Barium x-ray, Colonoscopy, and 2 ultrasounds.

          now none of the tests were bad really except for the colonoscopy. its the worst thing in the world and i ****ing mean it.

          they pump your colon up with air so that the scope wont damage you or anything. then they go a peekin. It was so painful that tears were coming out of my eyes and i puked 3 times in 2 minutes. they took biopsy samples by using a grasping thing and literally tearing flesh from me. I could see all of this live on a tv which was pretty cool i guess. i got to see inside of me! but it still hurt more than anything ever.

          i almost passed out from the pain. i was on demerol but it didnt do anything. they took me off morphine for the procedure.

          having crohns disease can really **** with you. if you dont eat properly you get really sick and it hurts alot.

          it took me october, november, december, and january to heal completly.

          i was always in pain. doctors left and right were telling me different things. some told me to eat dairy some told me not too so i didnt know what to do.

          now i just eat whatever i want. I have to figure it out as i go along what will **** with my body and what wont.

          If i get certain symptoms i have to go to the hospital right away. i wont get into them but they probably arent what you'd think (diarrhea is not one of them lol) Blood is.
          i could get anemia from it too (lack of iron in the blood)

          I also have Chronic migraines which are just as bad.

          im allowed to get as much Codeine as i want whenever i want. I only have 3 left in my pill container so ill actually have to get some soon.

          I get migraines that last a week sometimes

          i havent gotten one in a long time. but when i do i cant stand it. if it persists for over 2 days i have oxycontin available to me to kill the pain.

          there were a few instances where i became dilerius from the pain. and sometimes i cried (when i was younger) from the pain.

          i have a migraine now but i took 2 tylenol 3's and i seem to be ok.

          Id gladly take a small sight problem over not being able to sleep or eat what i want or function properly due to pain.

          consider yourself lucky.

          Comment

          • businessman07
            Banned
            • Sep 2005
            • 273

            #20
            Re: So part of my retina detached today...

            I don't see how you put up with it jello...
            Makes me feel glad to be healthy as an ox i don't even get sick.

            Comment

            • Grandiagod
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2004
              • 6122

              #21
              Re: So part of my retina detached today...

              Originally posted by Jello
              You think thats bad? I have 2 WAY worse problems then that

              Meniers Disease (hearing problem)
              Crohns Disease (Digestive tract problem)

              Meniers disease is basically a problem called Tinnitus except worse.
              I hear loud ringing noises constantly. its not treatable and will only get worse with age. as you get older you lose the ability to hear higher frequencies.
              I hear around 5 different frequencies. all the time. never going away.

              they range from 10 khz - 20 khz and they are the most annoying things ever when there is no background noise.

              I cant sleep at night if i dont have my ipod playing. And even with that i still hear the ringing, its just easier to sleep if i concentrate of the music.

              as i write this i am playing loud music, yet i still hear the ringing.
              I actually went to the Audiologist today to check if i had any hearing loss.
              luckily i dont.

              but with age ill lose the ability to hear high frequencies (just like all people) EXCEPT tinnitus is the damage of hair cells in the Cochlea which transmit a signal to the nerves in your head which go to the brain and are interpreted as sound. These damaged cells create standing waves in your brain basically. so even if i cant hear the frequencies in ordinary sound. ill hear them in my head. forever.

              this problem can make you go insane literally. and i dont know how ive managed to fight it for so long.

              2ndly i have Crohns Disease.

              I was hospitalized in october for EXTREME pain in my abdomen.

              I didnt know i had crohns at all. My colon had swelled up to the size of a pop can (between the first third and second third of my colon). Doctors were surprised that i didnt die from it actually. i was surprised too lol. i ignored the extreme pain for a week and finally had to go. i couldnt take it anymore.

              i had a billion blood tests (every 3 hours), X-rays, a catscan, Barium x-ray, Colonoscopy, and 2 ultrasounds.

              now none of the tests were bad really except for the colonoscopy. its the worst thing in the world and i ****ing mean it.

              they pump your colon up with air so that the scope wont damage you or anything. then they go a peekin. It was so painful that tears were coming out of my eyes and i puked 3 times in 2 minutes. they took biopsy samples by using a grasping thing and literally tearing flesh from me. I could see all of this live on a tv which was pretty cool i guess. i got to see inside of me! but it still hurt more than anything ever.

              i almost passed out from the pain. i was on demerol but it didnt do anything. they took me off morphine for the procedure.

              having crohns disease can really **** with you. if you dont eat properly you get really sick and it hurts alot.

              it took me october, november, december, and january to heal completly.

              i was always in pain. doctors left and right were telling me different things. some told me to eat dairy some told me not too so i didnt know what to do.

              now i just eat whatever i want. I have to figure it out as i go along what will **** with my body and what wont.

              If i get certain symptoms i have to go to the hospital right away. i wont get into them but they probably arent what you'd think (diarrhea is not one of them lol) Blood is.
              i could get anemia from it too (lack of iron in the blood)

              I also have Chronic migraines which are just as bad.

              im allowed to get as much Codeine as i want whenever i want. I only have 3 left in my pill container so ill actually have to get some soon.

              I get migraines that last a week sometimes

              i havent gotten one in a long time. but when i do i cant stand it. if it persists for over 2 days i have oxycontin available to me to kill the pain.

              there were a few instances where i became dilerius from the pain. and sometimes i cried (when i was younger) from the pain.

              i have a migraine now but i took 2 tylenol 3's and i seem to be ok.

              Id gladly take a small sight problem over not being able to sleep or eat what i want or function properly due to pain.

              consider yourself lucky.
              Holy sh*t!
              He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

              Comment

              Working...