Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jam930
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2004
    • 1069

    #16
    Re: RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

    Originally posted by xiron
    My English teacher is like obsessed with grammar,

    I'm shocked.
    -Jamie

    Comment

    • hiyasucka
      Banned
      • Sep 2004
      • 73

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

      another thing that makes me laugh is when people say "me too"
      think about it
      Wrong:
      "I want to go to the park."
      "Me too want to go to the park."
      Right:
      "I want to go to the park."
      "I too want to go to the park."

      Therefore the phrase "me too" is actually improper.
      If you would like to express your agreeance with whatever is being said, you should say "I too."
      This sounds wierd, however it is proper grammar.

      Comment

      • Jam930
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2004
        • 1069

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

        ...not true.


        What you said is really bothering me.
        What you said is really bothering me too.

        Or just "me too." for short.

        That's what "me too" is.


        People say, "I too" but they follow up with the rest of the sentence... because "I too" only really works at the beginning of a sentence. =/
        -Jamie

        Comment

        • stretchypanda
          shock me shock me
          • Sep 2004
          • 4123

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

          I'm pretty sure "and me" would still follow the noun.

          "Here is a picture of my dad and me." (Unless, of course, you are indicating that you are on the left in the picture and your dad is on the right.)
          "She gave Lucius and me a ride."

          Comment

          • xiron
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2004
            • 189

            #20
            Re: RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

            Originally posted by Jam930
            Originally posted by xiron
            My English teacher is like obsessed with grammar,

            I'm shocked.

            I meant that she is more obsessed with grammar than other teachers I've had. Literally all we do in there is grammar. Here's how our six weeks goes:
            Day 1 - Assigns book, tells us when test is. Then some grammar.
            Day 2 through 29 - Grammar
            Day 30 - Test on book.
            www.myspace.com/thehappyunicorns

            Comment

            • Feuergeist
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2003
              • 869

              #21
              RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

              You do realize you are talking to a bunch of minors who probably mouth off to their parents?



              Originally posted by stretchypanda
              I'm pretty sure "and me" would still follow the noun.

              "Here is a picture of my dad and me." (Unless, of course, you are indicating that you are on the left in the picture and your dad is on the right.)
              "She gave Lucius and me a ride."
              WRONG



              Wer noch nie einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat sich noch nie an etwas Neuem versucht.
              Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

              Comment

              • GuidoHunter
                is against custom titles
                • Oct 2003
                • 7371

                #22
                RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

                Wait, what's wrong? Those two sentences are completely correct...

                --Guido


                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                Comment

                • LEGO
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2003
                  • 994

                  #23
                  RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

                  It's a fucking internet forum.

                  Who cares, seriously? If you want to be elite you can go play pretend in CT or whatever you dudes have as a "serious" forum.

                  Comment

                  • ToshX
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 5111

                    #24
                    RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

                    We do have a "serious" forum.

                    We call it TGB.

                    The internet is srs business.

                    Comment

                    • Snapps
                      NO DOUBT GET LOUD
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2003
                      • 5650

                      #25
                      RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

                      I really like how the title of this thread came out though. We haven't had a good one like this in a while.

                      Comment

                      • Cj_leonine
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2005
                        • 2070

                        #26
                        RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

                        I don't have a problem with grammar as long as I can understand what someone is saying. But what really annoys me is when people use "to" inste. . .ad . . . of . . .

                        What a funny sig. Silly stick people.
                        Status: Innactive Onehander

                        Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night

                        Comment

                        • chickendude
                          Away from Computer
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 1901

                          #27
                          RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

                          I hate it when people mix up lose and loose

                          I never had that problem ever.
                          It really actually confuses me when I read it. I have to stare at it for a second, before I realize it's an error >_<.
                          lose... loose
                          I don't see where people get problems from that <_<.

                          Comment

                          • lilshortieman
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 91

                            #28
                            Me is confused.
                            brb. recording this in my livejournal.

                            Comment

                            • GuidoHunter
                              is against custom titles
                              • Oct 2003
                              • 7371

                              #29
                              Re: RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

                              Originally posted by chickendude
                              I hate it when people mix up lose and loose

                              I never had that problem ever.
                              It really actually confuses me when I read it. I have to stare at it for a second, before I realize it's an error >_<.
                              lose... loose
                              I don't see where people get problems from that <_<.
                              I don't understand it at all, either. That's actually my biggest pet peeve, too. I see it everywhere. Newspapers, Cereal boxes, signs, EVERYWHERE. And it's not just my European English-is-their-second-or-third-language friends, it has to be the most commonly misspelled word in America.

                              There is NO reason to confuse the two, yet people do all the time. Why?!

                              --Guido


                              Originally posted by Grandiagod
                              Originally posted by Grandiagod
                              She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                              Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                              Comment

                              • evilbutterfly
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2003
                                • 5784

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: Me, I, and why you all piss me off.

                                I'm pretty sure "and me" would still follow the noun.

                                "Here is a picture of my dad and me." (Unless, of course, you are indicating that you are on the left in the picture and your dad is on the right.)
                                "She gave Lucius and me a ride."
                                Well, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. In fact, after thinking about it, I think "I and Mom went to the store" would technically be correct, it just sounds retarded. I say this because they're both proper subjects, so why should the order matter? I don't think you get any special grammatical treatment just for talking about yourself, though I may be wrong.

                                It's a #$#ing internet forum.

                                Who cares, seriously? If you want to be elite you can go play pretend in CT or whatever you dudes have as a "serious" forum.
                                I don't care about seriosity or grammar, for the most part. Like one guy said, as long as I can understand them, 't's'all good. However, mixing up me and I pisses me off in an extreme way. It's not even a complicated thing, but I know you've all heard somebody be correct about something and somebody being like "actually, you should say 'and I' instead of me!" For some reason, after hearing that correction a few times, people seem to think that EVERY SENTENCE INVOLVING THEMSELVES SHOULD BE "AND I" BUT THAT IS WRONG AND STUPID! It just pisses me off, hence the topic title and the reason only one thing is talked about in this topic.

                                PS: YOU LOOSE! GOOD DAY SIR! ololololololo

                                EDIT:

                                ElSoyokaze: You fail at quoting.
                                evilbutterfly87: hm?
                                ElSoyokaze: Your most recent post you selected a shitton of text, most of which was irrelevant.
                                evilbutterfly87: wtfudge
                                evilbutterfly87: fixing it....

                                whoops
                                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                                And I write the blog for their website.

                                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                                Comment

                                Working...