I was truly amazed by this video. PETA is bull s*it

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GuidoHunter
    is against custom titles
    • Oct 2003
    • 7371

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I was truly amazed by this video. PETA i

    PETA is just a bunch of crazies running around with their hands in the air screaming.

    Seriously, they actually support the bombing of places with which they don't agree.

    While relatively ethical treatment of animals is a great thing, PETA is just a bunch of psychos to whom nobody should pay an iota of attention.

    EDIT: Okay, so I wrote that before watching the video. Sue me.

    --Guido


    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

    Comment

    • Desert_Eagle
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2003
      • 98

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I was truly amazed by this video. PETA i

      if my friend was posting this, he would say, "Maybe i should teach ur momma how to suck my c*ck!" but my friends an idiot. i'll watch it tomorrow. sound kewl. and 1337.

      ---Desert_Eagle

      -------
      http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=36515
      -MOST AWESOME SITE EVAR-
      -video game and anime soundtracks-
      *********help me by going here!*********

      Comment

      • Eyoshi
        Certified Calendarwhore
        • Nov 2004
        • 1044

        #18
        I had to watch the video twice because I liked it so much. It had strong evidence and good thinking put into it.

        It'd be rather scary if PETA won and their goals were met. If that happened, I think civilization would be set back well over a century.

        Comment

        • Jagx
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2005
          • 105

          #19
          Originally posted by Eyoshi
          I had to watch the video twice because I liked it so much. It had strong evidence and good thinking put into it.

          It'd be rather scary if PETA won and their goals were met. If that happened, I think civilization would be set back well over a century.
          "Why hello Tom, staying at my house again"

          "Yea, the moose cam back again"

          "Aw, that's too bad. Well, we have plenty of room here"

          "Yea, you think we could order some piz-"

          "Shhhh...the bull is coming again. Don't make any suddun movements"
          Waiting for Omega to make me a new sig...

          Comment

          • Laharl
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2003
            • 1821

            #20
            Re: RE: Re: RE: I was truly amazed by this video. PETA is bu

            Originally posted by super-smashman
            Heh that was great. I love when people use facts and logic to make a point.
            I had to comment on this..

            Versus when people use opinions and emotions to make a point?
            SIG PICTURES:

            POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET

            Comment

            • super-smashman
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2004
              • 2638

              #21
              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I was truly amazed by this video. PETA i

              No, versus people who just bitch and complain and use lots of rhetoric to make it seem like thay have a just cause and slowly build a following of people that makes others join in with them until they can realise thier goals.

              Comment

              • Cenright
                You thought I was a GUY?!
                • Sep 2003
                • 3139

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I was truly amazed by this video. PETA i

                There will always be people who don't look at facts. They see what they want, and it never goes any further.

                At times like this, I like to remind myself of something:
                "The average American is an Idiot. That means that about 49% the population is even stupider."
                http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...Cube_in_55.mpg

                Comment

                • banditcom
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2003
                  • 6243

                  #23
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I was truly amazed by this video. PETA i

                  Yea, I saw this earlier this summer. I've seen all but a few of the Penn & Teller shows. Great program.

                  Comment

                  • Jam930
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 1069

                    #24
                    Wow.

                    Learned a lot about peta.
                    -Jamie

                    Comment

                    • Cj_leonine
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 2070

                      #25
                      President sounds like that girl from Resident Evil. Especially at the end. Maliciously evil.
                      Status: Innactive Onehander

                      Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night

                      Comment

                      • xiron
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 189

                        #26
                        OMFG. Like, seriously, the day Josh told me about this, Peta came to my brother's middle school. The dude came wearing a giant chicken costume and everything. Then, the principal gets over the intercom and said they were having grilled chicken for lunch. Beautiful in my opinion.

                        They handed out "trading cards" such as this one that i scanned.




                        Their visit to the school was on the news as well.

                        In the immortal words of Penn and Teller...BULLSHIT!
                        www.myspace.com/thehappyunicorns

                        Comment

                        • purplepopcorn
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 602

                          #27
                          I quote the anti-motivation sign things when I say this "Idiociy: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups"

                          wow.
                          there's nothing more to say

                          Comment

                          • Eyoshi
                            Certified Calendarwhore
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 1044

                            #28
                            Frankly, the tactics such as the card that Xiron scanned should make PETA look awful in the eyes of many people. I mean, look at the card! It's given just to make the reciever feel bad.

                            I like how PETA itself is so hypocritcal; saying one thing and then performing actions that contradict them.

                            Comment

                            • Jagx
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 105

                              #29
                              Xiron, you should of showed them this video.


                              I would have given you all my PETAmon cards.
                              Waiting for Omega to make me a new sig...

                              Comment

                              • evilbutterfly
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2003
                                • 5784

                                #30
                                Heh that was great. I love when people use facts and logic to make a point.
                                I think he was comparing P&T's arguement to that of PETA's. They used actual facts to show that PETA's emotional crap was bullshit.

                                Anywho, one time somebody was like "omg watch this video PETA made" and it was like, showing animals getting beaten on farms. It reminded me of 9th grade when we were debating abortion and the other team busted out a bunch of pictures of aborted babies. The thing is, I had done the research (we didn't get to pick, I was put on the side that supports however the laws are now (which means that abortions are legal in the 1st and 2nd trimester (though they're not recommended later into the 2nd))) and I had found out that fetuses in the 1st and (most of the) 2nd trimesters don't really have any form. In fact, natural abortions (aka: miscarriages) happen all the time in the 1st trimester, and the girl doesn't even know because it's just a glob of cells that doesn't come out much different from a normal period. The pictures that the other side busted out with were of almost fully grown babies with their heads smashed in and all covered in blood and guts. They were obviously pictures of illegal abortions that were done during the third trimester (some of them, LATE into the 3rd). It was the lamest way to win the argument, and since they get the last rebuttal they pulled it out at the very end and I couldn't tell everybody that it was bullshit.

                                But yeah, I have a feeling PETA does the same thing with animals. They go into farms that everybody knows are doing illegal things to the animals, they film it all, THEN they shut down the farm. So I bet most/all of the PETA videos you see are of illegal things that don't happen most of the time, and when they do the farms get in trouble and may be get shut down.

                                PS: PETAmon cards rofl
                                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                                And I write the blog for their website.

                                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                                Comment

                                Working...