Iraq: Too gross for the media?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MalReynolds
    CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
    • Sep 2003
    • 6571

    #16
    Well, Alain thinks that the photos have been touched up to make it look like the Iraqi's like us.

    Because we all know all of them hate us all of the time, and it's impossible for a small child to grasp the concept that his life is now safer because of the US.

    I know that it was just to prove that the photo could be fake, but the liberal media seems to take photos as face value.

    Mal
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


    My new novel:

    Maledictions: The Offering.

    Now in Paperback!

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #17
      My opinion on the war: Sure, we're doing good at destroying their government and replacing it with one we approve of more. My problem is that we never should have gone there to begin with. What right do we have to say that our style of government is superior? This reminds me of what happened in Cuba a long time ago. Apparently, Cuba was under the rule of Spain. Spain wasn't being too kind to Cuba, so the US stepped in. Then a bunch of shit happened and Castro ended up taking power. Do you guys want Castro taking power in Iraq? I didn't think so.

      Comment

      • alainbryden
        Seen your member
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2003
        • 2873

        #18
        I specifically said that I didn't think the photo's were edited, I was just showing how easy it was to do so. Take it easy. I have nothing against this topic. Many newspapers and documentaries (like fahrenheir 911) are overly negative about Bush's war. Many are overly positive. All I know is there is no stopping what he has begun and whatever it is, good things and bad things have come of it.

        You have to admit.

        It's not bad for a quick job
        ~NEIGH

        Comment

        • HansSky
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2003
          • 1925

          #19
          Oh no, Afro, you have it all wrong.


          Bush said during the State of the Union Address that we weren't trying to impose our choice of government on other countries.

          I mean, he's never lied before. So this COULDN'T be any different.
          hi

          Comment

          • CypherToorima
            Boss of all bosses
            • Jul 2003
            • 2452

            #20
            Afrobean, you are actually wrong. Sadam would torture and kill people. Would you like it if you were snatched out of your home, beaten, then killed, just beacuse some guy didn't like you? To me, it's not so much about the government as it is about the person who was controlling Iraq.
            I'm a figantic gaggot

            Comment

            • evilbutterfly
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2003
              • 5784

              #21
              We have the right to say our system of government is better because, well, it is. More democratic governments have been proven to be more effective while dictatorships have been proven to be terrible. The USA has risen to be a world power fairly quickly over the long-standing European powers, which have been moving more toward democracy for some time now. The reason it's better is because people have a choice. Whatever more people want is what happens, so the majority of people are happy with each specific thing.

              And about the photos:

              Also, I'm pretty sure that they don't speak English over there. Some random soldier guy could have given the kid the sign.

              However, I think the pic that says the most is the one of the kids with school supplies. I knew a kid from Iraq (in 5th grade) and he said they would fight over even a single pencil, because if you had one you were one of the lucky kids. We're doing good things over there, and I really support it, I just wish somebody more presentable than Bush was in charge of it all....
              So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

              In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

              So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
              And I write the blog for their website.

              Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

              Comment

              • User6773

                #22
                Originally posted by evilbutterfly
                However, I think the pic that says the most is the one of the kids with school supplies. I knew a kid from Iraq (in 5th grade) and he said they would fight over even a single pencil, because if you had one you were one of the lucky kids. We're doing good things over there, and I really support it, I just wish somebody more presentable than Bush was in charge of it all....
                Clinton could have gone whenever he wanted too. But instead he missiled some empty warehouse and accidentally killed a janitor.

                This isn't an exaggeration. That was the result of Clinton's missile strike in 1998.

                Comment

                Working...