And the winner of Super Bowl XXXIX is........

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chromer
    Hookers and Blow
    • Jul 2003
    • 4981

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: And the winner of Super Bowl XXXIX is...

    Seiing as Im from Philadelphia and everyone is jumping the damn Patriots bandwagon just because they are a dynasty, I'm going for Eagles. Tom Brady is a bitch.

    Comment

    • deposition
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2004
      • 1115

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: And the winner of Super Bowl XXXIX is...

      I bet 10,000 credits that the Patriots will win.

      Comment

      • tsutter
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2003
        • 2371

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: And the winner of Super Bowl XXXIX is...

        The Saints lol.
        [02:02:16] <Hayden> i carry the plastic i make it spastic when i put it in ya moms ass boy her **** is elastic when im finished in knee that slut in the jaw snap her back in to pieces i lay down the law cuz i gots no respect fo that ***** elixers **** seeing as he got double dick ****ed on dust 2 by an ingram at long A in pit

        Comment

        • deposition
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2004
          • 1115

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: And the winner of Super Bowl XXXIX is...

          I mean 10000000000 dat da colts win!

          Comment

          • HansSky
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2003
            • 1925

            #20
            Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: And the winner of Super Bowl XXXIX i

            Originally posted by Chromer
            Seiing as Im from Philadelphia and everyone is jumping the damn Patriots bandwagon just because they are a dynasty, I'm going for Eagles. Tom Brady is a bitch.

            GG you win the thread.


            Until Tass comes on here, then he will win the thread. I'm interested in hearing his thoughts on this.
            hi

            Comment

            • prayerbassist15
              FFR Player
              • Dec 2004
              • 22

              #21
              eh i was wanting the Saints and the Falcons to go but oh well. I kind of figured they would both lose but any way go Eagles, I guess...........personally i go for the Dolphins all the way but,well they're just not that good any more
              STRONGBAD:\"I got an e-mail in my pocket, and i think it\'s starting to melt\"

              Jack Black: \"Cello\" .........\"it\'s a bass\"

              Comment

              • Tasselfoot
                Retired BOSS
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2003
                • 25185

                #22
                OK. My opinion has been requested. As I feel that I'm the resident sports expert (and Philly born and bred), I'll give my take.

                It boils down to this: Can the Eagles play perfectly. For those who watched the games yesterday, you'd see that the Eagles made MULTIPLE careless penalties. 2 times they were called for 2-men in motion. That is such a silly penalty to be called for. Plus, BOTH times the Falcons scored, it was off of Eagles mistakes. The field goal was kept alive by a stupid roughing the passer that turned a 3rd and 13 into a 1st and 10 and 15 free yards. Their touchdown was kept alive by an illegal contact penalty that negated an interception, so that not only did they get 7 points, we most likely lost points. Add to that the 19 yard pass interference call on Sheldon Brown.

                Also, Donovan should have been picked off on a drive that resulted in 3. That could be another 10 point score shift. Throw in 2 pretty ugly fumbles that were luckily recovered.

                Now, there aren't all negative things for my birds. McNabb is excellent at avoiding sacks and turning them into big plays. Will the pats D be able to keep up with Owens & crew for 7+ seconds? Owens is back, and although will probably not be 100%, just his presence on the field is a huge emotional plus. The Eagles D kept the Falcons to 99 yards rushing. Hopefully they'll be able to contain Dillon as well.

                The Pats played incredibly well the past 2 weeks. Holding the top offensive in football to 3 points and scoring 41 on the top defense. The birds are very good in both. So are the Pats. I'm glad to see that the top 2 teams in football are playing for the championship.

                In the end, the game comes down to the usual small things. Penalties, Turnovers, and maybe Special Teams. Will Kearse & crew be able to get pressure on Brady through the Pats line? Will the Eagles D be able to keep back the tough Pats linebackers? How will the Pats beat up secandary play for the 3rd straight game against an excellent group of wide receivers? Those factors will determine the game. We all know TO can catch, McNabb and Brady can throw, Dillon can run. Will the Pats be able to limit Westbrook? Their D looked amazing against the run vs the Steelers. How will TO play? Like the Pro-Bowler or the Injured?

                Only time will tell who wins the game. Vegas predicts the Pats. Statistics would say the Pats. But, who can measure the intangibles. It is going to be an excellent game.
                RIP

                Comment

                • Papayapenguin
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 5

                  #23
                  Phili is gonna kick the pats' asses! Chicago is going all the way next year!

                  Comment

                  • JurseyRider734
                    lil j the bad b-word
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 7507

                    #24
                    Yeah, keep dreaming, Papaya.
                    Originally posted by Arch0wl
                    I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                    the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                    Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                    Comment

                    • GuidoHunter
                      is against custom titles
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 7371

                      #25
                      This really makes me wish I had paid more attention to this season.

                      From history, the Patriots have excelled in the postseason, playing excellently and sometimes flawlessly. Maybe I'm just used to watching the Cowboys give up clutch turnover after clutch turnover, but there's rarely been cause for concern for a loss.

                      Sure, TO's back in the game, but will he be able to make it past the Patriots' secondary (namely the safeties)? They're really experienced and will likely play more conservative. If he can, the Pats will have to play an extremely offensive game to offset his astounding plays that will surely get points.

                      I agree with Tass in that penalties and turnovers will determine the outcome. I just hope it's Philadelphia that gets them.

                      All in all, I predict either a 28-21 Pats win, or a 31-28 Viniateri-kicks-another-Super-Bowl-winning-field-goal-in-the-last-seconds Pats win.

                      --Guido


                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                      Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                      Comment

                      • NaOTa4231
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 743

                        #26
                        I will be very surprised if T.O. does anything most people that get the injury he got are out 1-2 months longer


                        http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

                        1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )

                        Comment

                        • QreepyBORIS
                          FFR Player
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 7454

                          #27
                          Make a poll.

                          Signature subject to change.

                          THE ZERRRRRG.

                          Comment

                          • vashthestampede0987
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 2997

                            #28
                            Well since its down to THE EAGLES and the lame patriots...Im gonna have to go with the Eagles because the Patriots are good but they are just kinda gay...Plus Tom Brady likes being in huddles because hes surrounded by men.

                            EDIT!!:Eagles star tight end Carl Lewis might not make it to the super bowl....bah.
                            Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                            I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                            Originally posted by Synthlight
                            I hate myself.

                            Cheers,

                            Synthlight
                            xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                            xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                            Comment

                            • Tasselfoot
                              Retired BOSS
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 25185

                              #29
                              Carl Lewis = multi-gold medal winner in Long Jump and 100m dash.
                              Chad Lewis = Eagles starting tight end.

                              And, I don't see losing Chad Lewis as that big of a loss. This past game was his biggest of the entire season, and frankly, LJ Smith has been playing better anyways. So Smith will play solely instead of Lewis, and some B-Squadder will take the 2nd tight end role.

                              Also, the media seems to feel that TO won't play, or will be very limited in play. We'll see how this pans out over the next week and a half.
                              RIP

                              Comment

                              • Kilgamayan
                                Super Scooter Happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2003
                                • 6583

                                #30
                                I love how many people hate the Patriots just because they win a lot.

                                Jealous much?

                                And don't try to spring Red Sox loyalty on me and call me a hypocrite because I fully respect the Yankees and recognize when they are the better team, which is most years.
                                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                                Comment

                                Working...