I wonder if this is how people get viruses

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • djsmalls
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2004
    • 735

    #31
    i am my antivirus!!!... but i also have ad-aware for those spy peoples...

    Comment

    • Xaimus
      FFR Player
      • May 2004
      • 136

      #32
      Originally posted by MrESqueek
      How can having an open connection to the net get you viruses? Viruses don't just fly around within your CAT5 cable waiting to invade your computer. Worms are a better bet but still you have to access a site with the worm on it to get it yourself. And for that you should be updating your winXP whenever possible to prevent that.
      Some worms exploit vulnerabilities in "server" software that is running on most Windows machines by default, such as the RPC server. Blaster did this--it propagated itself by downloading itself through tftp and running itself on the target machine through a buffer overflow in the aforementioned RPC server. Of course, it doesn't matter if you're hiding behind a NAT.
      hooray bsd-tan

      Comment

      • bvbaseball1
        FFR Player
        • May 2004
        • 267

        #33
        ^^^

        what he said

        vvv

        all i know is you CAN get shit just being online, so bite me.

        Comment

        • Chrissi
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2004
          • 3019

          #34
          Hmm.. well I don't have an anti-virus but I rarely need one. I've had one virus and I'm not really sure how I got it.

          Oh wait! I had two.. or three... but those two I had on purpose I thought it'd be neat to have a dormant virus on my hard drive, so when I got those stupid emails, I downloaded the file but never ran it It was great.

          The other one that I actually HAD as a virus I have no idea how I got. Probably kazaa stuff, though I don't recall installing suspicious stuff, just songs and movies. (okay okay, and porn and warez...)
          C is for Charisma, it's why people think I'm great! I make my friends all laugh and smile and never want to hate!

          Comment

          Working...